• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Has the games or anime changed your opinion of a pokemon?

Paul Ketchum

Remarkable!
Is there a pokemon that you ended up loving or hating because you saw it in the anime or used it in a game?

During the 1st Gen, I didn't pay much attention to Marowak.

It wasn't until I seen it in action in the OS episode "Bad To The Bone" that I became a fan of it. It's still one of my favorites today.

Carina

Plasbad!!
That "Tower of Terror" episode sure helped make Gastly, Haunter and Gengar less scary for me. They're still creepy but when I visualize them pulling funny pranks, doing slapstick and riding on that merry-go-round, it kinda kills their scariness a bit. :)

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees Pidgeys as the good guys and Spearows as the bad guys...thanks to their respective reputations in the anime.

Last edited:

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
When I had Crystal, I never really cared much for the legendary beasts. Then I got SS and just fell in love with Entei.

And then there's Vespiquen, if I didn't love Beedrill I wouldn't really care about her.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Piplup-Didn't pay much attention to it after I watched it on the anime, it instantly became one of my most favorite Pokemon

Arceus-I hated it when I saw it design but I love it after I saw M12

Mijumaru-Same as Arceus

Dark Eevee

The only thing that's been influenced is that I like Pikachu more. Nothing else.
Also this seems like it could have gone in polls.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I used to love Scizor back in the Johto series, thought it was super cool. Then Platinum came with Bullet Punch, now I hate the thing.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees Pidgeys as the good guys and Spearows as the bad guys...thanks to their respective reputations in the anime.
Well the evil Spearow thing is really the only thing I can think of and that Girantina seems alot nicer in the movies, wasn't it supposed to be banned from the real world for ever, for it's violence

The whole Porygon scandal made it impossible for me to take the little cyber duck seriously as a Pokemon. Now I just think of the damage that has been done to eyes and laugh.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I disliked Chimchar at first 'cause I wasn't a fan of monkeys, but after seeing The Rise of Darkrai, I fell in love with its cuteness. :D

Same with Mijumaru. :3

TomNook

Still In Kanto
Pokemon from the orange islands.

I love the orange islands.

Dragon Master Fiona

Dragon Master
I never got into dragon-types or even cared for them in the first gen. (Yes, I know that there was only one but still). That was until I saw the episodes with Lance and Clair in them. That's when I really fell in love with Dragonite and Kingdra. Ever since then, I've been a dragon fantic.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Not really, but for me it seems like the Pikachu in the games is more tough and rough than the Pikachu in the anime because Ash's Pikachu is nice and always trying to make friends.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
At first, the anime really made me hate Piplup. But then I tried it, and I really like it.

Bubblewrap

Croagunk! Didn't particularly notice it in game but I love him in the anime.
I also like Empoleon thanks to the anime - oh! And Seviper.

martinn94

Prepare For Trouble
I didn't like Pikachu cause of the anime but when I restarted Leaf Green I used one and the little mouse is pretty good!

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Didnt look much into Gligar or Gliscor until I saw Ash's XD. The anime also got me more into Infernape's line, Electivire's, and Torterra's =]

Mijumaru - I liked its design. I thought it was adorable. Then when I watched Best Wishes, I LOOOOOOVED it. OMG. Adorable. <3 The same thing happened with Pokabu, but to a lesser extent.

Aquanova

Mijumaru- I origially hated it, like many others. Then i saw it in the anime and how they'd made it cute, then i started to like it more and more. Its now my second favorite Isshu starter.
Piplup- the anime made me farmiliar with it, so i chose Piplup when i got Diamond.

Arceus- The movie made me kinda scared of it.

Pikachu- yes the mascot. I hate Pikachu. Yes Pikachu is cute, but the anime makes alot of people think Pikachu is super strong, in the game, Pikachu isnt that good. I try to avoid it for other electic types