• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Has the pokemon anime lost its touch?

armorknight

Of course the anime has lost its touch for many of the older fans. I'm sort of going through the same thing right now. However, it's only natural for that to happen. Although the anime has improved, it is still a children's show after all. Its glaring flaws will obviously stand out to the older fans.

The best advice that I can give to such older fans like myself is to read the Pokemon Special manga because the anime probably won't change (at least on a fundamental level). The manga is perfect for older fans who have more mature tastes but still like pokemon.

Pom Pom

Where can I find the Manga?

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I find the plots are better and there is less repetition, it's the recast that sucks hard core!!!

randomspot555

Where can I find the Manga?

"The manga" is a very vague term. Just like every other part of the franchise, there's tons of it out there.

It's divided between what is released in Japan, and what is released internationally. A lot of the manga doesn't make it abroad due to a variety of factors. There are fan-made translations of some/all? Pokemon manga, but technically illegal and can't be linked at SPPF.

Generally, "the manga" is a term used to refer to Pokemon Special. If it's available legally, Amazon will have it.

pikapokepower

I agree just a little... i personally LOVE the anime but i think that the older episodes were funnier and had a little more personality, you know?

Rex Kamex

PokéGamer

Only Honour Will Win
I Have Drawn Away From The Anime A Long Time Ago... Nothing Will Ever Beat The 1st Series...

However, I Would Like To Try & Get Back Into The Anime...

It Does Seem To Be Intresting... Characters, Pokemon Etc.

The Only Problem Is I've Missed Alot Of Episodes, So My Knowledge Isn't All That Good...

The 1st Series Had Touch Lol...

PokéGamer

Only Honour Will Win
I Have Drawn Away From The Anime A Long Time Ago... Nothing Will Ever Beat The 1st Series...

However, I Would Like To Try & Get Back Into The Anime...

I think the anime has lost it's touch mainly because the plot seems pretty worn out and repetitive. Then again, when a show has had 12 seasons so far how can it not get a little boring or for the writers to have to re-use ideas?

I like the beginning episodes because of course, it was new and exciting. Pokemon was a cute, funny show and it wasn't so serious. I can't really say anything about Johto because I pretty much skipped that whole part of the anime.

Advance Generation was and will most likely stay my favorite because the introduction of contests which I really enjoy watching, it's a nice alternative to gym battles for the show. Out of every season to date so far my favorite would have to be Battle Frontier. It seems very mature compared to many other seasons especially with the Kanto Grand Festival, I loved all the tension...but then again, I'm a sucker for contests/GFs.XD

I'm pretty biased against Diamond and Pearl because I was upset that my favorite characters had left and I didn't like the change, although it's childish, I can't help it.:/
I have to admit that I liked Paul's character extremely because he was a different type of rival unlike Gary/Drew who were okay until they got all nice at the end. Paul practically abuses his Pokemon and is a cold, aggressive person...that's what makes him a wonderful rival.

One thing I don't like is that D/P seems like a remade Indigo League, but remember that I'm biased.XD

This concludes the extremely long post.:)

Netbug009

I'm a Misty fan, a Pokeshipper, and a fan since early indigo leauge and I STILL like Sinnoh more than the old episodes.

Nothing WRONG with the old episodes, but over time the writers have added some more dynamic to the plot than what their used to be. Part of it is just the buildup of heritage, of course, so the original seasons play an important role as well.

As well, I'm a big fan of the Pokemon themselves and the newer stuff focuses more and more on their character arcs and not just the humans.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
i think its too fluffy and happy. they should put someing in there like from the manga to make it interesting.

HoennMaster

To be honest, I don't see how anyone can call Kanto the best saga. Especially with the horrendous gym leaders episodes. How many badges Ash actually win in normal battles? Two. A messily two out of eight.

kiogrey

RS REMAKES
I have to say that the Anime has lost it's 'touch', for me at least.
I think that the computer-animated moves are, well...
Crappy.
I mean, in Enter Galactic!(I think that what it was called..) Lucario's Aura Sphere was slow and dosen't seem that powerful. Piplup's BubbleBeam, Aipom's Swift...
And the explosions. Ugh. There are things that aren't combustable and yet, it explodes.
Again, Piplup's freakin' BubbleBeam...
And the new voice actors kinda creep me out a bit.
And the details are too vague. I know I can't blame them, because they have make new episodes almost every week.
And the Anime goes on and on and on...
Team Rocket keeps coming back. EVERY EPISODE. Team Rocket's new motto,the new theme songs...

firelovindocker

from the hoenn season i'd definatly say it's lost it's touch
but the sinnoh season has in my eyes kind of revived the series a boit (not that i needed reving though)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
maybe some people think it lost it's touch because they are seeing a lot of spoilers, and when the episode airs in they're language, they are not enjoying??

1st and 2nd seasons loses there touch
And this gen did really loses there touch becauses of these pokemon voices are really ennoying!

Rex Kamex

I don't see what's so "different enough" about the new Pokemon voices that the entire show is ruined... or what's so great about the old ones other than nostalgia...

maybe some people think it lost it's touch because they are seeing a lot of spoilers, and when the episode airs in they're language, they are not enjoying??

But they should enjoy the spoilers that they see if they don't think the show's losing its touch.

milenadrg

Hm, I think it is loosing it's touch. I mean a boy with Red Hat and his Electric Mouse traveling around and around and loose at the end(exept for the filler saga) at the end became a little bit boring, but whatever...

The Flash

I like shorts!
i used to wake up every morning to watch the shows. and now i don't, maybe because i'm older. but the characters lost some personality. the original three were the best. and the contests turned me off.