• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Has the pokemon anime lost its touch?

I have to agree that the pokemon anime isn't quite the same anymore. I remember sitting watchng pokemon with my sister when I has little. The actual animetion has gotten better but it's just not the same. I do like watching the anime though it's rather fun. Has the anime lost it's touch? No, I wouldn't say so. But has the anime changed? Yes, but to some people it's been changed for better and for the worse.

Dark Master Zork

dark scizor master
ide have to say cause of the lastest epesods that this is now addressed to kids younger age group than the orignal epesodes of season 1 , it was better when ash switched his pkmn , and thay actuly eveolved..., he nolonger battles ppl other than TR (who have steped over the welcome mat) Gym leaders and contests, he hardly fights wild pkmn anymore and apart from the main story line it is nolonger true to the games

except for when thay started useing stataus conditions a lot more

granbull guy

Vasoline
i used to like the anime up to the johto journeys i think i used to like it because i dont know but the older episodes were better i mean the johto journeys eps were boring as crap

girly nerd

...K-I-S-S-I-N-G
The anime hasn't lost its touch, we've just gotten older.

Rex Kamex

ide have to say cause of the lastest epesods that this is now addressed to kids younger age group than the orignal epesodes of season 1 ,

The show's always been aimed at kids.

it was better when ash switched his pkmn , and thay actuly eveolved...,

In Ash's current party in the Japanese episodes, [SPOIL]all of his Pokemon except Pikachu and Buizel have evolved to some stage.[/SPOIL]

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
For viewers who have watched the shows from the beginning, it may be dissapoiting but 6,7,8 year olds seem to love it.

Gorlava

!Poketto monsuwa!
In my opinion, I found it less intresting when the Hoenn anime came out, but when Battle frontier came out, I was intrested in it again..BUT when D/P anime came out, I started loosing my intrest to the anime again because it was childish to me now..Besides...I can't watch it anymore because I don't have cartoonetwork anymore >.<;

ShiroRingo

Ritual Fire Dance!!
Oh where to begin...Just kidding

I don't really find it much different than what it was years ago.

Kanto featured I guess the staple episodes that most regions are required to have I guess.

Orange Island just opened alot of things but it doesn't bother to close things really, it was also the series that showed how cheap Pikachu really is. (well in my opinion)

Jhoto was what I call the festival region because for someodd reason my favorite region seems to love holding festivals for random pokemon and it just so happens Ash and Co. arrive on the exact day of the festival xD

Hoenn actually was a slight plus due to the fact that it focused attention to other characters, plus they introduced characters I can't wait to make fun off.

Kanto Battle Frontier was I guess so so, contests in Kanto for no reason. The real downer is honestly my own opinon but the whole Anabel having a crush on Ash sorta came out of nowhere >_<

Then we have Sinnoh, while they used new characters (and also introduced Piplup hatred for no apparent reason), it actually is the most interesting recently because they do something DIFFERENT.

What remains classically the same though is TR being as intelligent as a cardboard box and getting defeated every episode. The whole Ash goes to leauge, ash makes intelligent friend, and Intelligent friend kicks his butt in the finals. Also similar things might happen considering how May's grand festivals been going.

Over all I consider it the same since it released, and it is much like all anime. It has its ups and downs.

LiteBlue-

Master of the Ground
Yeah, the anime is losing its touch....at least imo. You can use one word to describe the anime in general....Repetitive, with an emphasis on repetitive.

recsin

Banned
I don't think that the Pokémon anime has lost its touch.
Hey why you think like that?

Rex Kamex

In my opinion, I found it less intresting when the Hoenn anime came out, but when Battle frontier came out, I was intrested in it again..BUT when D/P anime came out, I started loosing my intrest to the anime again because it was childish to me now..Besides...I can't watch it anymore because I don't have cartoonetwork anymore >.<;

It was always childish... although my thoughts on those arcs are pretty much the opposite of what you said.

ShiroRingo said:
Then we have Sinnoh, while they used new characters (and also introduced Piplup hatred for no apparent reason), it actually is the most interesting recently because they do something DIFFERENT.

So has Hoenn, though, with a female lead going on contests and everything. And, even though it didn't turn out well in the end according to most people, Team Magma and Team Agua were more of a threat. (Team Galactic took things a step further, though.)

Aside from having a girl and her starter share the most spotlight with Ash and Pikachu, having a villain (and her assistants) besides the evil organization of the games... I really don't know what they've done differently from other regions.

LiteBlue- said:
Yeah, the anime is losing its touch....at least imo. You can use one word to describe the anime in general....Repetitive, with an emphasis on repetitive.

It's been repetitive since Kanto though.

Darkxninga

To me in my opinion: pokemon has lost its touch but its not like I go "this sucks i miss blablabla and why doesnt etc etc". No i dont think that, its still good however I still miss and am sad by the lose of randomness, japanese comedy, yellings, gym adventures ( like when ash was battling sabrina 3 times or something and it never got boring -it only took 2 or 3 episodes lol-) , sillyness and brock not saying how things happen during a battle ( or as much ) and him having a better role than just a cook.

To me pokemon got more mature with Ash, TR is annoying and I dislike all the voices of TR and Ash ( he doesnt sound like a ten year old and its been more than 10 years of pokemon and hes still short but i wouldnt want ash to get older though) but the old voices arent coming back and it'll change whenever something happens so what are ya gonna do. Back then TR was shown alittle differently and had that glow now its faded away. and this is the one of the reasons why i think things are low is b/c TR rhyme too much and thier motto could be better and too many machines are used. TR could use some better pkmn too... ( yanmega, mime jr, wobb,seviper and meowth are fine though)

One more thing to me is Pokemon isnt as funny as it was and is alittle more serious ( when i say that I mean no random stuants or comments that end in a arugement). Ash hasnt caught any pokemon since dp started and the old pokemon are stuck in Oaks place, sad but yeah we wanna see new pkmn with ash but still. I think since Misty left things things are different but I am a fan of Misty but Im happy shes gone b/c to me pokemon is alittle different and she'd be different by that and its got to see other females in the group, but dont get me wrong Misty is awesome. she should not come back, a visit would be nice and I'd like to see if she would be in a pokemon contest something like the Wallace cup but who knows I doubt it. And pikachu seems to be different not doing cute poses or being silly like back then but it seems like piplup is butting in on pikachus role but oh well it happened.

Thats all I gotta say. Im not hating the pokemon anime I still like it but the things I mentioned are why I think the glow is gone. I still watch it and see what happens to everyone.

ShiroRingo

Ritual Fire Dance!!
Aside from having a girl and her starter share the most spotlight with Ash and Pikachu, having a villain (and her assistants) besides the evil organization of the games... I really don't know what they've done differently from other regions.
I should've clarified so yeah xD.

J is actually the first THREATENING villain though out the entire anime. You mean honestly if you ever met any of the other villains would you honestly feel threatened at all? Also Shinji, he was in my opinion an actual twist from the normal set of rivals by actually having a belief that was completely different from Ash's.

plus D/P has the Rotom episode, one of the few episodes of the anime that make me actually laugh.

Other than those things I can see your point, it still sort of has the formula it used through out the series.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Yep.

I thought it went stale ever since Battle Frontier.

Shinnie-tan

Wait - for all the people saying Pokemon became repetitive...doesn't that mean, it HASN'T lost its touch? If its doing the same thing its always been doing, nothing has changed...and what it had during the kanto season, still exists today in the sinnoh season.
/confuzzled

pokemonmasterhustler

Pokemon Master
it used to be better but i still like it than and now

SBaby

Dungeon Master
You'll probably get mad at me for saying this, but I think I liked the Anime more before I started coming here. Because I didn't over-analyze things like I do now. It just isn't as fun as it used to be now.