• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Has the pokemon anime lost its touch?

lilsmeadb1995

dragon master
i think it has lost its touch too because i personally don't like a lot of the new pokemon and characters. i use to watch pokemon when ash traveled in kanto and jhoto.

Yes it has IMO. I used to watch every episode but stopped (grew out of Pokemon I guess) and until recently hadn't seen any of the new ones. And I must say the newer episodes just seem lacking, and not to mention the voice acting is just terrible, especially for Brock, Ash, and James.

I have some VHS recordings of the first couple episodes which I started watching a few days ago (getting interested in Pokemon again) and they were amazing. I miss the old Pokemon. =(

Cobalt_Latios

Yes it has IMO. I used to watch every episode but stopped (grew out of Pokemon I guess) and until recently hadn't seen any of the new ones. And I must say the newer episodes just seem lacking, and not to mention the voice acting is just terrible, especially for Brock, Ash, and James.

I have some VHS recordings of the first couple episodes which I started watching a few days ago (getting interested in Pokemon again) and they were amazing. I miss the old Pokemon. =(
Take off those rose tinted glasses of yours and you might actually see some quality in the new ones. Also, how were the old ones "amazing". The old episodes were okay, but they had some obvious flaws. Same thing now, but it's nowhere near as much.

*C_L*

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin

Yes, I definitely agree. Like it was memorable when the orginal three, Ash, Misty, and Brock traveled while Ash and Misty always argued. XD

When Misty left, then May came. I was like eh. But when May left, and Dawn came. I was still like eh. I like those two girls, but it isnt really the same like when Misty was there. For me, it seems tired. I don't know, thats my opinion.

RickHoenn

Banned
It's so boring now, i only expect new episodes here in serebii but actually i don't watch pokemon anymore... :(

sinnoh is nowhere close to the golden age of pokemon back in Kanto, Johto and even Hoenn... right now is just meh...

you can say quality, "less fillers" (XD) and other stuff, but is boring, more childish and random, and better graphics don't imply "better anime" for an example just look to DBZ or Ranma 1/2... they are old but are the greatest and people recognizes together with the first seasons of Pokemon, that's a fact, ask somebody!!! now a lot of people say "now it's so gay", but when speaking of the older seasons, their eyes shine :)

Pokemon (seasons 1-8), neon genesis, yugioh, ranma, DBZ, digimon, shaman king, inuyasha, samurai x, yuyu hakusho, etc>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pokemon DP

I guess i grew out of pokemon to be sayin' this :(

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

Looking at some screenshots of Orange Islands episodes has made me nostalgic for that arc. I'll have to see it again sometime.

Just for the record, James's voice actor changed while 4Kids was still dubbing (from someone to Eric Stuart), and so did Meowth's. Ash's voice changed overtime during the 4Kids era, even with the same voice actor. (Also Rachel Lillis did Pikachu's voice for some of the old episodes. O__O I think, because someone else was talking over it.)

For some characters I do prefer some of the older ones (I like Ash's voice in the first American season part of Kanto, and even that's changed overtime during that part). But I don't think the newer ones are terrible. Although the newer dub music doesn't improve the show, IMO.