• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Has Your Name Ever Been Used In A Pokemon Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

purple_dragonite

All glory to Helix!!
I remember plenty of trainers that were named either Jeff or Jeffrey, I just can't remember what kind of trainers they were (but I'm almost positive that Jeffrey was a bug catcher in Bugsy's gym).

In Gold/Silver/Crystal, outside of a cave near Azalea Town, you come across Hiker Anthony.
My little brother tends to point out that he has the same name as me. :p

IcyDragon0605

Look over there!
Sean was used as a default name in Sapphire (when you were naming yourself).

Other than that I don't think any other trainers had my name.

Mizu♪

IT HAS. And it was so funny. o__o

In Silver, when I went to battle the Elite 4, the lady using dark Pokemon said,
"I am Karen of the Elite Four. Are you Karen? How amusing."

And I thought it was like. Woah. XD

Last edited:

Silverninetails

Quaaaaagggg~~~
My name is really out of the way, so games never, ever use my name.
A lot of my friends' names have been used in the games, though.

Jay_Gold

Crobat Trainer
I've seen a Lass or two with my name. xD It's fairly common - there was even a movie character of the same name in the anime.

Jay_Gold

Crobat Trainer
I've seen a Lass or two with my name. xD It's fairly common - there was even a movie character of the same name in the anime.

Dabottle

AKA Ados.
Well I haven't seen my name but I saw my brother's name in R/S and it was on a girl :D:D:D

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
RSE i shared Steven's name :)

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
There is Hiker Robert in D/P/Pt and the Club Look see dude in Ranch. Both of them have rock types. One two Geodudes the other Probopass.. Maybe I'm supposed to use Rock types? I do use a sandstorm team..and my favorite pokemon is Tyranitar who is rock..so maybe.

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
i dont honestly remember but I'm pretty sure a Hiker named Daniel appeared in Ruby or Sapphire...

H3R0

LordHotstuff
Pokemon Ranger Carlos In R/S
That Got Me Excited...Til I Saw His Team -_-

Sonic15

May Fanboy
Yes, I once saw a Bug Maniac with my name in Sapphire.
Also I spotted an Aroma Lady in pearl with my name.

coolespeon

I dont know.
In FR/LG , Sapphire, and diamond there were a swimmer denise, like me, so I was very surprised and happy and once I recorded a battle against... ME!!!

Sushi Dragonfire

Feel the power
A grass type gym leader from kanto has my name (and it's spelled right!). In fact, grass types were my favorite for a long time, because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.