• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hatch Me If You Can! (260)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hatch Me If You Can!

While taking the Egg back to Prof. Elm, it starts hatching and hatches into an ill Larvitar. When he finally gets to New Bark town, he decides to help Prof. Elm find out whats wrong with the Larvitar. Can he do so?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I really enjoy the Larvitar arc, and this episode was a pretty strong introduction to the little pokemon. I can really identify with Larvitar more than anyone else on the show, even somewhat more than Casey, and it was really a great character. I really liked how Ash bonded with it, and how the twerps were eventually able to make it come around. :) The dramatics were really good in this episode.

There were a couple of other things I really liked in this episode. I know this is one episode I can't wait for Pokemopolis to review, since they love making jokes about Ash and his background. The scene where Delia talks about how she used to scare Ash was funny. :) I also liked the part where Professor Oak and Professor Elm are debating at the kitchen table and waving their silverware around. LOL

Lol dinner debate. Wish we got more of those:D.

And now I know where that blue faced Delia Avatar came from. Ya learn something knew every day, I suppose.

OK, nomination for Larvitar as Best Animé Character. Anyone agree? Y'all should, because Larvitar is easily the coolest character ever. I would think that the whole problem-child birth would be too much for 4Kids, considering a lot of people are affected by stuff like that.

Introducing Larvitar to the world was really cool, especially how it was just drinking it in little by little.

Jumpluff. Wow, when do we ever see those?

Poor Larvitar. Abusive past, and an abusive present. I can scarcely blame the little guy for not wanting to live.

Lar-vay-tar. Did anyone else have a problem with that? Personally, it annoyed me.

Hidden Power animation=yes. Hidden and Power, a good combo, IMO.

Overall rating:
9.3 out of 10
And thus we enter the most dramatic and in-depth arc in the history of Pokémon, starring the best character to ever grace the show with its presence, Larvitar. That's a yes, in my book.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

D

Deoxys & Jirachi

this episode was kinda sad when larvitar got sick but it soon got better when larvitar got healed so i liked this episode

Mela

pasbl. newbie
Larvitar is one of the cutest pokemons eva !!! Yes cuter than all those other Pokemon you would consider cute~!!

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
everytime i see a larvitar it reminds me of a emo/gothic like thing, it must be the stripes beneath his eyes that does that, anyway good ep 8/10.

Shinnie-tan

Watching back on this episode- the connection Ash had with Larvitar was pretty amazing. Hell, with a bit of tweaking, the writers could easily tie in his connection with Larvitar with the whole aura thing(though the aura thing seems to have been dropped). Awesome for continuity reasons, Y/N?

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I was glad that the egg hatched into a Larvitar. However, it was kind of sad to see Larvitar sad and depressed right afterwards. I appreciated everything Ash and Nurse Joy did to try and help Larvitar. I was surprised that Professor Oak and Delia Ketchum showed up. However, I am happy that Larvitar finally recovered from whatever it was it was going through. I am also happy to see that Larvitar decided to travel with Ash to Mt. Silver.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Larvitar was very shy, and it was very scared.

And i loved to see Oak again.

6/10

saar

Shiny Flygon
This episode was focused on Larvitar's fear from people. Ash was probably chosen to be the one who'll save the Larvitar baby, and it worked fine. Until it met Misty and Brock...

Vernikova

Champion
And so begins one of the arcs I dislike the most in the entire animé. Larvitar's arc is really one of the most annoying for me but it is a feel good story I guess.

Anyway, about the episode, it was a good episode. Ash thinking that it was a legendary Pokémon was pretty funny. I also liked how the Jumpluff also tried to interfere with Team Rocket's plan to steal Pikachu and Larvitar. And another appearance by Elm which is always a treat for me.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well this was certainly an exciting episode, which is super rare for Johto episodes to be honest. We finally got to see Ash's second egg in the Johto region, hatch into a Larvitar; a Pokemon we hadn't seen in the anime before. I thought Larvitar was a real cutie, but the fact that it wasn't officially Ash's Pokemon made me a bit sad. We got to see Oak and Elm together for the first time which was a sight to see; I love those old guys haha. Ash and friends managed to show Larvitar a good time and Ash even promised to return Larvitar to Mt. Silver before the Silver Conference began; which he registered for in this episode too. This was really a touching episode and I really like Larvitar so this gets a 8/10 for being extra-fabulous.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. It was cool seeing Larvitar for the 1st time. Its Harden was very cool to see. This was 1 of the most recent episodes I have seen. The dinner scene was hilarious. It was sad seeing Larvitar so ill throughout this episode. It was cool seeing a Jumpluff for the 1st time. Larvitar is so cute!

Last edited:

turtwig301

tuwtwig rules!!!!!!
yeah i wish ash would keep at least halfe of the good pokemon he finds

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was good and cool. It was really cool to see Larvitar for the first time, It is very cute. I wish Ash would have caught it though.