• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hate bullying new serebii members

Status
Not open for further replies.

HetaOni

Chesaught
I hate how people bully the new serebii members!Protest!

Vaizor

The One and Only
Well...I didn't see anybody act mean towards me when I joined two days ago. Everybody was real nice, and I already have some friends. But, maybe nice people were online at the time? Now if it was Smogon we're talking about...that's a different story.

Darato

(o,..,o)
You need to see it just how it is like at school.

A good amount of the people that make fun of others are just trolls who come on here only to make fun of others and cause issues like that.

Some tend to do it on members who chose to act in ways outside the way they think since they don't like it.

Sad to see, but nothing can really be done about it other than to ignore and report it.

L.F.D.

Turtlestarf

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I think people need to stop bullying online and off! It's just so unnecessary. Everybody has been new to this site at one point or another, so why pick on the new people???

god61021

I want you all to give me your lunch money! just kidding ive actually had nothing but pleasent interactions with everyone on here since i joined like a week ago. but then maybe they can just tell that my pokemon would beat up their pokemon.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Well...I didn't see anybody act mean towards me when I joined two days ago. Everybody was real nice, and I already have some friends. But, maybe nice people were online at the time? Now if it was Smogon we're talking about...that's a different story.

To be honest, I see it as the other way around. I've found Smogonites to be nicer and more tolerant than Serebiians. Then again I spend more time on Serebii's chat than Serebii's forums, and that MAY have altered my opinion.

All you need is to be patient and tolerant and you're bound to make new friends. Anyone who is mean, you can just ignore, or report to the staff.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Northern Lights makes them.

As for the thread, I do agree that bullying new members is horrible. I haven't REALLY seen that, but there was an incident where someone posted their intro in the wrong place. They were immediately slammed with homophobic slurs. The new person hasn't been back since.

I think you'll find that it's not the fact that people are new, but more the fact that the majority of them don't read the rules.

But yeah some people here are just jerks.

HetaOni

Chesaught
Here in Jackson,New Jersey a HUGEMONGOUS (heh made-up word) tropical storm hit.Trees all around us snapped!I TOTALLY FREAKED OUT!

Wolfgirl44

Ignitionshipper
I haven't been bullied, really.
But I have noticed that everyone here takes everything really seriously. It's kind of intimidating, especially when you're here from another forum where nothing is taken seriously. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.