• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Haters Gonna Hate

Ampy

Light The Stars
Any Pokemon in the UU and NU tier, which is why they must improve to be OU worthy.

Stop sucking Smogon's cock. UU and NU Pokemon aren't hated, they just aren't used as much because their stats/movepools/etc aren't as usable in the OU metagame. Honestly, I actually have to say most people prefer UU to OU, but that's just what I've seen.

raquiri

I liek dunsparsez.

Really though, most second stage pokemon of a three stage evolution line get overshadowed. Everyone thinks piplup is cute and Empoleon is a decent fighter, but prinplup kinda gets ignored. Same with Servine, Staravia, the list goes on.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Any uber legendary pokemon have too much hate.

Me two- most people seem to dislike Magmortor.

I've seen quite a bit of Weavile hate. Many people have commented that it 'ruined Sneasel' and it's 'too girly'. How dare they?! Weavile is adorable, unique looking, well balanced, and intelligent, to boot. >_<

Amen to that!

And 'ruined Sneasel'?
Weavile is Sneasel 2.0!

Too girly?
100% blasphemy, right there!

raquiri

Okay, Vanilluxe. I just don't get what people hate so much about it. I mean, okay, it's an ice cream cone, So what? It's not like every pokemon has to be based on an animal. There tons of plants, there's rocks, coral (ok, technically an animal), letters, fake trees, polygonal lumps of computer code, balloons, windchimes, robots, garbage bags, Mexican pineapple ducks, and giant magnetic floating noses, for chrissake!

startmirca

Chikorita . It gets a lot of hate and no one defends it.

It's hate is bigger than Oshawott's(who is the least popular Unova starter according to Wikipedia) , but no one feels sorry for it.

Lucario0708

Destiny Combining...
Oshawott evolutionary line is just too awesome, I don't know why it gets a ton of hate, because Samurott is a fricking SAMURAI it has armor and an awesome beard/mustache and has two giant swords

serperior just looks like some mentally challenged snake thing with a dracula collar and EARS

Also, Victini is hated, but, HE IS JUST SO DARN CUTE I mean, that little peace sign, the adorable eyes, the little squeaking noise is just so cute! plus he is a beast in battle

Last edited:

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I agree. I strongly dislike Serperior so much, that I'm actually starting to like TORTERRA! It's sleek, thin design and yawnful facial expression are really unappealing. I don't care if he has the best dream-world ability, his attack stats are lousy, and appearance wise, Emboar and Samurott are just plain cooler. ...But this topic is for UNDERRATED Pokemon.

Emboar and Samurott are both underrated. It's mostly because they both have crappy speed. But I say screw speed, Give me attack power! Actually, most slow Pokemon are underrated. I think my dislike for speed comes from the fact that most fast pokemon look incredibly boring, while the stronger or more defenseful pokemon usually look cooler. And yet, the speed freaks get ALL the attention. Because a Pokemon can attack first apparently that's everything. If you can't dish out the damage or take it, why would it matter?

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Also, every topic I see on Serebii, Oshawott's always the most popular.

Roll

Too busy to be busy
Zubat and Cradily for me.

Most people dislike Zubat simply because you encounter it so much inside caves, but that's what repels are for (Unfortunately at the beginning of the game you're on a rather low budget, but I'd prefer saving time over money anyday). Plus, its ears make it look as if it actually has eyes. How adorable! (Stantler is also guilty of this; oh, and Masquerain too!)

Cradily isn't all that favorable in battle due to its wall-like traits. It may not be the best wall out there, but it's still annoying to some. I don't find it that annoying; it's pretty weak plus I just want to hug it whenever I see its eyes.

Last edited:

Riposte

I agree. I strongly dislike Serperior so much, that I'm actually starting to like TORTERRA! It's sleek, thin design and yawnful facial expression are really unappealing. I don't care if he has the best dream-world ability, his attack stats are lousy, and appearance wise, Emboar and Samurott are just plain cooler. ...But this topic is for UNDERRATED Pokemon.

FFmark331serperior.jpg

AND WUT IS SO WRONG ABOUT THIS POKEMON?

I love its expression when it hands pokemon's asses back to their owners in my Black! Pisses people off double-time when it looks like he didn't put in any effort at all.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I see a lot of hate for Medicham--but it's my second favorite pokemon.

If used properly, Medicham is excellent. I sweep with mine. Good ol' Effie.

I also don't see a problem with Medicham's design.

I'd pick thunder-thighs over stick figure any day.