• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hatred

PDL

disenchanted
I've noticed that people tend to take pride in hating something when it comes to pokémon. Weither it's a particular pokémon or an entire generation. They really put alot of energy in hating and bashing it.

Do you guys actually get anything out of hating something?

Last edited:

Pink Parka Girl

I wish I could change my username
Everyone has their likes and dislikes. For example, I dislike Raichu. A lot. But I don't go around bringing that up at every opportunity, harass people who do like this pokémon, and I don't especially put a lot of energy into hating on it. Raichu have appeared in a couple fanfics of mine, and you couldn't even tell by reading these inoffensive (and in one case, positive) portrayals that they're my least favorite pokémon.

To sum it up, it's not that people dislike certain pokemon, characters, generations, and so on, but what they do with that dislike. I couldn't care less about the opinions of people who don't like Pokémon at all - unless they start harassing me because I do like it (or on the reverse, fans harassing those who don't like it just because they don't like it - it's a two way street). I'm well aware of the fact that my own favorite Pokémon (Plusle) and favorite fanfic genre (Pokémorph) get a lot of hate within the fandom, and while I might defend my own love against specific insults ("lol pokemorph fic writers are fur***s" being a particular one that really gets my goat), mere disagreement without any personal attacks contained shouldn't be bothering people as much as it does.

I don't "get anything" out of disliking Raichu - but seriously, people, if you like something I don't, realize that my dislike isn't a personal insult against you. >.> (Shipping wars are a good example of this sort of thing). If you hate something I love, on the contrary, my liking the hated thing shouldn't be treated as an odious affront to your senses.

Last edited:
I've noticed what you're talking about... it's like some people just want to be "known" for hating something, almost to combat all the people being "known" for loving something.

Kind of strange, huh?

This forum is full of noobs/trolls/whatever "bad" people you can think of. What else do you expect?

Aviano

I dropped my balls
if you hate something others hate, you automatically form a "club" of haters, and some people like that feeling, so they may exagerate their hatred a bit, so to feel more at home in the club.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
"Hate" is perhaps a too strong word, it is just a video game after all. I'd say that when most people say, "Oh my God, I hate that Bidoof" people don't actually "hate" it as such, rather just dislike it, it's just used as an expression. As I said at the beginning of my post, hate is a too strong word.

markomega

TERRORIZE!
I actually LOVE the word hate, and say it a lot every day. I don't really HATE the things or pokemon I say I hate, I just really don't like them.

Last edited:

Azure Wolf

People want to get popular on the fact of "disliking" a certain Pokémon to become "cool".
What I stated is very basic but its reality. If you're considering that "Popularity on the internet? Ha, kick my piggy anytime." Then take the time to evaluate that its pretty much seen everywhere but nobody likes to admit it.

Imperator_Venit

Well, if one disliked Bidoof, because they always break their chains, I could understand. But just hating a pokemon, because you feel like it... I think that's silly. :)

Bhen

Yeah, what will the hate acheive, hit it with a cross chop and move on!
It's all Karma people!
:]

SBaby

Dungeon Master
If you ask me, there's nothing wrong with the Pokemon in and of themselves. By themselves, they're one of the most original things to come out of video games in the last ten years. The problem lies in the over-used plot that the games (and show) have. I wouldn't say I hate it, but it's definitely an issue.

What's funny is that alot of people will defend the plot, but those very same people are the ones that will actually complain every time an author makes a Trainer Fic. Kind of ironic, wouldn't you say?

So yeah, The Pokemon are fine, but the plot could really use some work. Seriously, how could you possibly hate the Pokemon? That'd be like hating kittens or fennecs.

Last edited:

Lone--Wanderer

...is a hack.
I don't hate; I either love all Pokemon or feel nothing towards them. I play alone, ingame, and usually in PMD Blue, so what Pokemon I use depends on circumstance, so I can't play favorites in dungeons where I need all the help I can get.

Enigma

lol, i is a geenyus.
There's not really anything I hate in pokemon. It annoys me when my team gets crushed by a team of legendaries, but I don't go out and wave signs around saying, "Down with the legendaries!"

eonmaster_457

I don't lik eusing the legendaries, but do I kill those who use them? No.

BTW, I don't hate Ash. It's just sarcasm...