• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Haunter VS Kadabra (024)

P

PhluX_CoblT

Well, I don't like this episode, I like the one before though. I do not like this one because it is distressing to see a ghost type Pokemon win versus a psychic type Pokemon.. Ghost type Pokemons always lose against psychic type Pokemon unless they're higher levels. However, we can't really know about that.... It's weird that Abra evolved even though Sabrina's Pokemons are normally level 50. If it had just evolved, it would be level 16.. Hmm.. Maybe she trained it between the previous episode and this one. I don't know. Luckily, Sabrina <3 makes this episode *watchable* :p

Mini Apocalypse

Soul Trainer
yeh but a pokemon can evolve as long as it has reached a certain level(16) so the Abra could have evolved when ever it wanted.

P

PhluX_CoblT

Mini Apocalypse said:
yeh but a pokemon can evolve as long as it has reached a certain level(16) so the Abra could have evolved when ever it wanted.

lol Then I am right! Kadabra should have won versus a ghost type Pokemon... But as Ash is the hero, he wins everytime. -_-' He would win even if he had a level 5 water type Pokemon versus a level 100 electric type Pokemon. I hate this kind of episode... like the one where he wins with his Pikachu against Brock's Onyx...

P

PhluX_CoblT

Haunter won, he made Kadabra laugh.. as if he could win that way... pfff... In reality, Sabrina and her Pokemon would have laughed 1 minute and then would have attacked and of course won. She was way better than Ash.

Heracross

Custom User Title
You made it sound as if Ghost had actually defeated Yungeraa in battle, whining about type weaknesses and whatnot. Yes, Satoshi got the badge, but Ghost never won anything.

Last edited:

Mini Apocalypse

Soul Trainer
lol Then I am right! Kadabra should have won versus a ghost type Pokemon... But as Ash is the hero, he wins everytime.
ooooo i see your point now but you did kinda make out that Haunter had won the battle by battling Sabrina.

i think that the way in which he won the battle was quite creative if you ask me...

Magus

Fog Trainer
PhluX_CoblT said:
But as Ash is the hero, he wins everytime. -_-' He would win even if he had a level 5 water type Pokemon versus a level 100 electric type Pokemon.
That's why he lost in the Indigo League, the Johto League, and the Hoenn League. Ash loses quite frequently.

PhluX_CoblT said:
Haunter won, he made Kadabra laugh..
Haunter wasn't a participant in the battle. It was Pikachu vs Kadabra.

PhluX_CoblT said:
as if he could win that way... pfff... In reality, Sabrina and her Pokemon would have laughed 1 minute and then would have attacked and of course won. She was way better than Ash.
If a Pokémon is knocked out but regains consciousness a minute later, does the battle continue? No, of course it doesn't. The winner is decided as soon as one of the Pokémon is "unable to battle".

PhluX_CoblT said:
She was way better than Ash.
Of course she was. Sabrina could even beat Ash's Pokémon without sending out one of her own. But that's not the point. Ash won by a technicality, but it was still a fair win under the rules.

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
This episode is really funny. Ooooohhhhh... Kadabra is sooooooooo scary.
Haunter saved Ashs but just in time. Its too bad haunter had to leave Ash.
He could have been the groups wobuffet. It would have been especially great if it evolved. But Alas, it is just a pipe dream.......

LuciRuki

Born This Way
i liked the whole concept of the little doll sabrina used to talk through. It was creepy but interesting. when everyone got put into dolls, and where they learn of sabrina's past... that was interesting too. Episode trilogy 8.2/10

Pure

back.
I loved this entire arc, though I must admit that 'Abra and the Psychic Showdown' was better, in terms of Sabrina and gym battling. It would have been more realistic to have Haunter actually battle, but the gags in this (mentioned above) were too much to resist and made up for the very anticlimactic ending. Also, the whole denseness of Ash presented itself once more, when he sill didn't figure out who Sabrina's dad was.

JONNO.FRESH

an alright epi. Kinda dumb to have him win by making them laugh. A battle would have rocked. Haunter was all round awesome, to bad ash left him behind.

Battra

A nice ending to the Sabrina arc nice to see she regained some of her humanity. Yes Ash really is that dense that he kept calling Sabrina's father their photographer. Pikachu's final battle against Kadabra was probably the best gym battle out of the entire episode, it's to bad Haunter didn't do more to help Ash out I was hoping to see Haunter in action, heck the whole tile of the episode sets it up for you to expect a battle between the 2 Pokemon but alas it never comes. I think Ash should've fought Sabrina again for real once she regained her humanity to actually earn a Marsh Badge, o well grats to ash on getting his fourth badge.

Sabrina's arc in the anime was pretty good, and down right evil too. I don't actually like her that much, but with supernatural elements to the episodes, this makes them slightly stand out from the rest.
Haunter wasn't that funny, was he? Not enough to slip out of your evil lifelong coma?

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
I liked this episode. Although, the dolls still kinda creep me out...