• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Haunter VS Kadabra (024)

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
I like this episode. It was kinda dumb how Haunter just kept disappearing like that :p But the dolly part is just. But another stupid way for Ash to get a gym badge without really deserving it. Because it was Haunters fault that Kadabra was unable to battle. Not Pikachu's.

Last edited:

mew801

I thought it was a pretty good episode. I thought Haunter was awesome, and it was the classic way for Ash to "earn his badge...." lol XD

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
To all people who say ash got his badges out of pity, I don't remember Ash winning any of his badges out of pity.

Brock: Won his badge out of Respect
Misty: Saved All the water pokemon in gym from Team Rocket
Surge: Won by using Agility & Quick Attack
Erica: Saved Erica's Best Friend & Pokemon from a fiery death
Sabrina: Kadabra was unable to battle therefore ash was the victor
Koga: Won using charmander ( may be wrong though )
Blaine: ???
Giovanni/Team Rocket: Won after TR blatently cheated

Ash never received a pity badge in Kanto.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
it has been a while since i saw this one, brock & misty were transfered into puppets it was fun to see that.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
it has been a while since i saw this one, brock & misty were transfered into puppets it was fun to see that.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I was a little disaapointed that Haunter didn't stay with Ash, it would have made a good edition to his team.

I think he got another badge he didn't earn, but that happened with a few of the gyms.

Icefiyre

Banned
I've always wondered why Ash never caught Haunter in a Pokeball.

When I first saw this episode when I was lil, I was scared. O_O
Sabrina is a scariest gym leader, how could parents let their ten year old kids battle her and let them turn into dolls?

Haunter was very cute in this episode. xD The way he reacted and everything.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
From this episode, I was really hoping that Haunter could help Ash win the badge. But once he came back...no Haunter to be seen. I felt a little tension to see what happens next. Then, I freaked when Brock and Misty turned to dolls! :O

But once the episode went on, I rofl when Ash tries to think who that man is. :D Finally, Im glad Ash got the badge once he came back with Haunter. Then again, he disappears. And I was expecting this, but he appeared in front of Sabrina. Once that lol bomb made Sabrina laught, all my tension dissapeared, and I enjoyed seeing the rest of the episode.

And yay, Ash gets his Marsh Badge.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I think overall this episode was a little creepy, that doll was just weird.

And what i couldn't understand was, if Sabrina's dad was able to help Ash, Misty & Brock why wasn't he strong enough to stop Sabrina?

danparker

I enjoyed this episode back when I first watched it.

My favorite part is when Brock and Misty got turned into dolls. Ever since then, a few of my own thoughts, which involves turning Ash and Misty into dolls. I wondered if by the begining of Johto, they still remembered that moment. Still it was cool.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Part 2 of the Saffron adventures... I think I liked part 1 better.

Ash didn't do ANYTHING to earn this badge. So he brought a Haunter, and it made Sabrina laugh. That's enough to earn a badge? Jeez, he may as well just flash his undies to ALL the Gym Leaders from now on to get his badges. Seriously.

This could've been an epic battle, but Haunter really ruined it. I'm really disappointed with this episode, to be honest.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
SHE TURNED HER OWN MOTHER INTO A DOLL! A bitch, if you ask me. She'd be grounded for life if I was her mom or I might even put her up for adoption :p Anyways, besides Misty & Brock turning into dolls, this was a hilarious episode for me. Jessie...literally "dying" from laughter, lol. I also lol'd at Haunter's weird humor. Haha. Overall, this was a good episode; but I kinda didn't like the fact that Ash got this badge under a technicality also :/

I give this episode a:
6.5/10

STICKTOPIA

I wonder what Ash was planning to do with haunter after battling Sabrina b/c he didn't actually catch it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This episode was a letdown to be honest. I was hoping for a Ghost-type versus Psychic-type showdown at the end of this episode, but I was disappointed. It was a fun episode anyway, since we got to see Sabrina smile and laugh and Ash still managed to "win" a badge from the Saffron City Gym I suppose. It just sucks that they put so much hype into the episode, just so that nothing really happened. 5/10.

Last edited:
I liked how Haunter had such a vivid appreciation for classical slapstick humor. Why bother explaining the gags or going through long setups when you can just dish out random samples of kinetic humor? I especially love when it pulls the bomb out of its mouth; "now that's a spicy meatball!"