• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have a card game idea, but need advice.

CelloX

Ever since I learned about KeyForge, I have been convinced that this is the future of semi collectible card games. The UDG idea is really cool. If you don't know, Keyforge does not have packs, but instead has decks that are randomized in contents, name, and card back graphics. You can't mix cards from separate decks due to the unique card backs generated for each deck.

My idea is for a card game utilizing a chess board, but my main issue is how to balance distinct movements. If they moved exactly like chess pieces, I might be able to just compare chess piece values, but these cards would have attack, defense, and a movement speed as well as a movement style. For example: If a card says Bishop 3, than it means it can move like a bishop for up to 3 spaces. I just don't know how I would balance such a game's power curve. Which one is better: Bishop 4 or Rook 2? I just don't know how to quantify these things to keep the game balanced...

Any ideas?