• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have an idea for a deck but don't have a decklist? Click here!

TheDarkDragons

Mega Blastoise
Hey, any one want to help me? There are two deck Ideas I have. Not that I have all the cards for them, but I'd still like to make them.
Deck A: Deck based on Torterra, Blastoise, and Torkal, all conveniently found in HS Unleashed. Why? I like turtles. If there are some better versions of these cards, cuz I'm too lazy to look, or if there are more turtles, let me know, okay?
Edit: And Tirtouga. Cuz guess who has 2 Cover Fossils and 0 Tirtouga?

Deck B: Deck based on Psychic, Dark, and Dragon/Colorless uses Electric, Fire, and Psychic energy. Includes Hydreigon, Rayquaza, Reniculus, and Victini.

Thanks alot if you can help!

Last edited:

No. 1 Machop Fan

I'm considering, of all things, a COLOURLESS deck! Pokemon I've considered include Zoroark (I MUST use Zoroark because of its awesomeness), Regigigas EX and Cincinno.

I've also been thinking about using Samurott and Mewtwo EX to cover the massive Fighting weakness the other Pokemon give (and the latter also because I need 4 just to be competent afaik).

The reason I'm using these non-Colourless Pokemon is because they have good moves that only require colourless Energy.

Last edited:

pokechamp219

Scottish Octopuses:P
I had an idea of a Psychic and fire ND deck. Reuniclus B/W + Reshiram EX + Mewtwo EX + Gardevoir + Darmanitan= Awesome!

superseady

Hello,

I want to make a deck with Dialga & Palkia LEGEND (using Time Control to put the next two cards of the opponent's deck in his prize cards), and using Shaymin EX (using Revenge Blast to attack 30 damage per prize cards taken by the opponent). I tried and I tried to make it, but I can't, I don't know how to make it. Can somebody help me?

Cordially,
SuperSeady

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
@pokechamp, there's no point in putting reuniclus in.

@supersteay: can you give me the original deck list you used, so we can see what you did.

A modified decklist might be

2-2 swanna EP (a.k.a. stall)
2 smoochum hgss (energy stall)
1 reshiram EX
1 victini (fliptini)

2-2 dialga/palkia legend.
2 shaymin EX
catcher or trainer lock, I'd rather put in catcher to pull up something with big retreat they can't use so fast, however if you run trainer lock DPL is put into a decent location.

What I'm trying to do is stall to setup the bulky legend, might I add that you will need an additional main attacker, my best bet is victini, swanna and reshiram, that way you can still do a decent amount of ko damage and setup for DPL/shaymin, because thats a mid to late game winner.

chaotic11

Hey, so I recently got some new cards... Looking to see if theres any good deck builds for them?

Floatzel Lv.X SP Line to return any water pokemon you lose. (I do not have a Kyurem)
Tyranitar Electric Delta ex, (Yes very old, but for casual play) Marks a pokemon, knocks it out next turn, pretty awesome, any ideas?

LordCBH

One of my friends is trying to get me into playing the card game. At the moment I just collect, but I'd love to give it a try. As far as an idea goes, would a combination Piplup and Roselia deck be worth trying? As far as cards I have that I guess could probably work with them, I have:

Piplup x3
Prinplup x2
Empoleon x2 (One is Dark Explorers, and one is Diamond & Pearl)

Other water types I have are
Buizel x2
Floatzel X2
Totdile, Croconaw, Feraligator x1 each.

My main problem that I can think of is that I need more Roselia's or cards like it, considering I have one Roselia, and one Roserade, and the Roserade is a Roserade C. As far as trainer and support cards go, this is what I have (probably not very many that work, but I guess I'll find out.):

Bianca (Supporter)
N (Supporter)
Roseanne's Research (Supporter)
Burned Tower (Stadium)
Cynthia's Feelings (Supporter)
Legend Box (Trainer, although I'm more than certain I could strike this one. Again, just listing the ones I have.)
Pke Ball (Trainer)
Xtransceiver (Trainer)
Junk Arm (Trainer)
Pokemon Communication (Trainer)
Random Receiver (Trainer)
Energy Search (Trainer)
Professor Elm's Training Method (Supporter)
Bebe's Search (Supporter)

I hope I've got something that could work pretty well. I know I'll have to look for more and different cards, but I guess I've got a building block to go off of. As far as Energies, I'm looking for more.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
@LordCBH: First question and quite important, Do you have rare candy? Next a deck list given the fact of over veiwing you're cards I take it that you want to learn the game and understand how the cards work, but the thing is it would probably be better to set you up with newer or format cards only so it's easier to join tournament's and understand the current rule's of the game. If you would like a list for an unlimited deck I could give that as well but I'd rather stick to something new and fresh.

Rare candy -> 3-1-2. No rare candy -> 3-2-2 (basic-stage1-stage2) Empoleon 2 Dark EXplorer's (DE) (use the DP one as a proxy for the other)
3-3 roserade (japanese hydreigon half deck) ability let's you search your deck for any 1 card in your deck
2 terrakion NV (retaliate) type disadvantage tech
2 audino EP (powerful slap) stackable damage

8 water energy
2 prism energy or blend energy
3 DCE

4 N
4 Pokemon Communication (if you need more N and communication invest in theme deck's because you're guaranteed to get them for the cheapest price, online and booster packs are expensive unless you buy bulk)
2-3 biannca if you have cheren in this amount, cheren is better
2-3 random receiver
2 switch
do you have
level balls, ultra balls, rare candy, cilan, super rod, juniper, zekrom and reshiram.

Now the whole concept behind empoleon is to deal damage similar to that of jumpluff hgss, 10 damage times the amount of pokemon in play. Now I added in the new roserade I assume will come out in the next new set, set to come out in the next little while, as well as an anti-electric tech for seat filler and a bench warmer that can potentially deal substantial damage, audino EP. Please also note that this is a deck skeleton made for modified play, which means you can add and take away from the deck as you see fit, if you do not have the cards do not worry it just gives you an idea for the amount of cards that should be played per trainer supporter and stadium as well as pokemon and energy to make a fairly fast and consistent deck.

@chaotic 11: I wouldn't say kyurem would be the best card for floatzel Lv.X, but on another note the tyranitar and floatzel don't really work that well together. Do you have any other cards you would want to make a deck with and see where we go from there.

Last edited:

LordCBH

@LordCBH: First question and quite important, Do you have rare candy? Next a deck list given the fact of over veiwing you're cards I take it that you want to learn the game and understand how the cards work, but the thing is it would probably be better to set you up with newer or format cards only so it's easier to join tournament's and understand the current rule's of the game. If you would like a list for an unlimited deck I could give that as well but I'd rather stick to something new and fresh.

Rare candy -> 3-1-2. No rare candy -> 3-2-2 (basic-stage1-stage2) Empoleon 2 Dark EXplorer's (DE) (use the DP one as a proxy for the other)
3-3 roserade (japanese hydreigon half deck) ability let's you search your deck for any 1 card in your deck
2 terrakion NV (retaliate) type disadvantage tech
2 audino EP (powerful slap) stackable damage

8 water energy
2 prism energy or blend energy
3 DCE

4 N
4 Pokemon Communication (if you need more N and communication invest in theme deck's because you're guaranteed to get them for the cheapest price, online and booster packs are expensive unless you buy bulk)
2-3 biannca if you have cheren in this amount, cheren is better
2-3 random receiver
2 switch
do you have
level balls, ultra balls, rare candy, cilan, super rod, juniper, zekrom and reshiram.

Now the whole concept behind empoleon is to deal damage similar to that of jumpluff hgss, 10 damage times the amount of pokemon in play. Now I added in the new roserade I assume will come out in the next new set, set to come out in the next little while, as well as an anti-electric tech for seat filler and a bench warmer that can potentially deal substantial damage, audino EP. Please also note that this is a deck skeleton made for modified play, which means you can add and take away from the deck as you see fit, if you do not have the cards do not worry it just gives you an idea for the amount of cards that should be played per trainer supporter and stadium as well as pokemon and energy to make a fairly fast and consistent deck.

@chaotic 11: I wouldn't say kyurem would be the best card for floatzel Lv.X, but on another note the tyranitar and floatzel don't really work that well together. Do you have any other cards you would want to make a deck with and see where we go from there.

I just happened to get a Rare Candy in a pack the other day and I already have two Terrakion's from NV. The only one's I need to work on getting for the list above is more N's, more Bianca's, and stuff like that. Trainers and energies are what I'm mostly missing now.

Mega Typhlosion

Hi. I've been using a "Burning deck" on TCG Online with some nice results but I'd like opinion from experts xD

My idea is base the deck around the burn status that can be amplified by Volcarona (Dark Explorers) and abused by Arcanine (Next Destinies) and both Chandelures. Chandelures also have the objective of finishing off some Pokémon that retreat/switch out since they both attack the bench.

What do you recommend as a decklist? Are there any other cards worth putting here that work well with burning?

PS: I know it'll be hard to compete with the overpowered EX decks but it's a concept I'd like to develop.

Swagsire

Hi. I've been using a "Burning deck" on TCG Online with some nice results but I'd like opinion from experts xD

My idea is base the deck around the burn status that can be amplified by Volcarona (Dark Explorers) and abused by Arcanine (Next Destinies) and both Chandelures. Chandelures also have the objective of finishing off some Pokémon that retreat/switch out since they both attack the bench.

What do you recommend as a decklist? Are there any other cards worth putting here that work well with burning?

PS: I know it'll be hard to compete with the overpowered EX decks but it's a concept I'd like to develop.

I have a hard time thinking of a list..But Entei EX would work well. With the sole purpose of burning, you auto-lose to Hydreigon/darkrai. I've tried many a time. Qwaa ;195;

Mega Typhlosion

I have a hard time thinking of a list..But Entei EX would work well. With the sole purpose of burning, you auto-lose to Hydreigon/darkrai. I've tried many a time. Qwaa ;195;

With Entei EX, Arcanine ND, Reshiram/Reshiram EX I could deal damage by using Entei's Grand Flame to accelerate Reshiram. Even with Darkrai, they can only retreat once, and having to retreat every turn forces them to have 2 or 3 Darkrai's or Mewtwo's or Hydreigon's ready to attack. That puts all their EX's in KO range from Reshi. In theory, of course :p

Swagsire

With Entei EX, Arcanine ND, Reshiram/Reshiram EX I could deal damage by using Entei's Grand Flame to accelerate Reshiram. Even with Darkrai, they can only retreat once, and having to retreat every turn forces them to have 2 or 3 Darkrai's or Mewtwo's or Hydreigon's ready to attack. That puts all their EX's in KO range from Reshi. In theory, of course :p

All of this is true, i currently run rayboar, and I had the same idea, but with added mewtwo and emboar (-reshi EX). Except the Darkrai. Darkrai can retreat darks as much as it wants. Not to mention hydreigon being able to move dark energy. Example. Darkrai has one dark energy on it, and gets burned for the next turn. The next turn, Darkrai retreats itself, to Hydreigon, Hydreigon moves the energy to itself, and then retreats back to Darkrai, removing status. This makes the burn thing utterly pointless (except maybe 20/40 damage). The problem with this deck against Dark/Hydrei is max potion, which if used correctly, gets reused by sableye. Meaning if you blue flare with reshi, or brave fire with ex, you may be dealing extra damage or removing energy for nothing.

I'm not trying to discourage you from playing this deck, It's ALOT of fun, and if played in reality people will look at your entei ex alot due to lack of knowledge. Qwaa ;195;

Mega Typhlosion

All of this is true, i currently run rayboar, and I had the same idea, but with added mewtwo and emboar (-reshi EX). Except the Darkrai. Darkrai can retreat darks as much as it wants. Not to mention hydreigon being able to move dark energy. Example. Darkrai has one dark energy on it, and gets burned for the next turn. The next turn, Darkrai retreats itself, to Hydreigon, Hydreigon moves the energy to itself, and then retreats back to Darkrai, removing status. This makes the burn thing utterly pointless (except maybe 20/40 damage). The problem with this deck against Dark/Hydrei is max potion, which if used correctly, gets reused by sableye. Meaning if you blue flare with reshi, or brave fire with ex, you may be dealing extra damage or removing energy for nothing.

I'm not trying to discourage you from playing this deck, It's ALOT of fun, and if played in reality people will look at your entei ex alot due to lack of knowledge. Qwaa ;195;

Yeah that's a combo (Hydra+Darkrai+Max Potion) that sure can defeat the majority of decks, especially this one, but when trying it online and considering I have no Reshiram EX, Emboar or Arcanine and only one Entei EX, I found another great weakness --> Water decks :p Luckily I have a Shaymin EX (this thing is amazing) which I use to deal 180 damage for two energies once my opponent thinks he's already won xD

Warizon

Help on building a deck !

Hey there serebii !

I'm thinking about building a deck around Garchomp (from the Dragons Exalted expansion) and other dragons, but I have no idea how to.

I know i need to narrow it down to 2 types max, have enough energies, and a bunch of S/S/T cards, but, thanks to my inexperience I can't move from this basic theory to a list of cards I should get.

What would you run on a dragon based deck, that has Garchomp in it? (I love garchomp)

Mega Typhlosion

Hey there serebii !

I'm thinking about building a deck around Garchomp (from the Dragons Exalted expansion) and other dragons, but I have no idea how to.

I know i need to narrow it down to 2 types max, have enough energies, and a bunch of S/S/T cards, but, thanks to my inexperience I can't move from this basic theory to a list of cards I should get.

What would you run on a dragon based deck, that has Garchomp in it? (I love garchomp)

I've seen that deck played a lot and I'd say go with Garchomp and Altaria with Fighting and Water energies. Altaria is not used to attack, you just keep them on the bench and abuse their abilities. With two Altaria on the bench, your active Garchomp will do 140 damage for two energies EACH TURN.

Rare Candy, Dragon Call Gabite and Super Rod are cards that fit very well in that deck too.

GreenKitea

Pokemon breeder
hello everyone! I am returning to the TCG after a long break....I am interested in playing again and got this deck list from a friend. Hoewever, I need some help with it because I am unsure of the startegy or if there is a way to make it more affordable. It's called Zekeel:

Tynamo x4
Mewtwo EX x2
Elecktrik x4
Raikou EX
Tornadus EX
Zekrom x3
Thunderus x2

Juniper x4
N x4
Cheren x2
Random Receivers x2
Catcher x4
Swithc x3
Skyarrow Bridge x2-3
Evulate x3
Tool Scrapper x2

Electric energy x11
Double Colourless x4

Can someone help me please? I am very confused on this deck and don't want to invest in any cards if they aren't completely necessary. A PM with suggestions would be extremely helpful/appreciated!

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Can anybody help me make a deck please? I'm just getting back into the TCG and all my cards are from at least ten years ago. Basically unplayable nowadays. I have an unlimited budget if it means winning. I only have the two Kyurem decks to start with, and merging them then cutting the fat didn't work so well. So I need to know which cards to buy/packs to buy.

I'm looking for a modified format, BW only, deck with an even mix of Fire and Electric that can win battles. My favorites are Charizard and Raichu, but I saw the only Raichu for BW and it's pretty bad. So if people don't use it I'd understand. I'm looking for a fast deck (Good draw ability or search ability) that can take out EX cards that people are playing at the league I've joined. They've got Keldeo EX and Darkrai EX and Mewtwo EX just mopping the floor with everybody and everything. And these cards are just invincible and can't die even with their downside of giving the opponent two prizes when they die. These are just examples, but there are others too. They've also got Blastoise giving everything basically a ton of energy, which just rocks my socks off.

If there's a way to have a pure Fire deck that doesn't get creamed by the Blastoise in everybody's decks, I'll go with that. I'd prefer Fire/Electric most of all, but if it has to be Fire/Grass, that's fine too.

So who can build me a competitive deck based on this?

Last edited:

Tychus Findlay

I want to make a deck based around Serperior & Reuniclus (the ones with abilities). I think Cresselia would fit in the deck or swapping Reuniclus for Darkrai and play dark heavy.

Help please:)