• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have an idea for a deck but don't have a decklist? Click here!

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
CresseliaEX darkraiEX does work, but if you're wanting to play in serperior it would make as an interesting tech. Reuniclus would not make a good combo with serperior as the plan is to mainly use max potion and not build up the damage as serperior isn't exactly the fastest at healing, you could put in pokemon centre to increase it a little bit but it's still not enough healed between turns.

Tychus Findlay

I finally got my hands on a couple of Reuniclus & Serperior on TCG online and I must say it's insane if you get them to work together. It takes alot of time though and Catcher's a pain in the ***. A nice tank and/or some kind of Catcher protection would be awesome but might be too hard to setup?

Mega Typhlosion

I would recommend Regigigas EX as your attacker. With Reuniclus and Serperior you can control the amount of damage you do with Regigigas. I never tried this but in theory it could work.

I see a problem there with you having two Stage 2 lines, which makes it hard to set up. Cresselia EX is a nice addition for the extra healing and the ability to counter Mewtwo EX.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
I would just say use the three dmg counter dragons, type advantage and you don't need to deal the 180 for ko, even if you play against cresselia, rayquaza, mewtwo etc they take one less prize per each players ko rate, take's out landorus, lornadus, and etc with ease and they're fast and easy to use tank's.

type40

I have an idea for a deck but still need ideas for trainer cards and such.

For pokemon, the flygon line and celebi EX from boundaries crossed

Energies, just grass, fighting, and specials

And then trainers I'm not sure what to use

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Well you should run something like this for a list

3 skyla (rare candy, level ball catcher etc, running 3 is important, running 4 might be better, depends on how it works out for you)
4 N
3 juniper
3-4 cheren or bianca

2 random receiver
3 level ball (great setup card, better then playing shaymin or emolga, reduces the amount of cards in you're deck to play the cards you need, grabing a bunch of basic's in a stage deck is like putting up cannon fodder for landorus or mewtwo)
3 switch (I would go 4, but it depends, they will catcher you're engine alot even withoput attacking just to make certain that it's hard for you to bounce back or so called waste a card, so it's good to have 3 minimum)
2 super rod (lets you grab three, and helps bring back the tier system
3-4 catcher (it's great for not having to attack, even if you're running celebi it's not like flygon has alot of hp, so bringing up and stalling with bench techs or slow cards does sometimes work)
2-3 rocky helmet (there is alot of people that would say go for the giant cape, extra 20 is kind of handy, thats newb talk I hear at the league all the time, you're dealing accumulative dmg, just keep building it up regardless, you're going to take heavy hitting damage anyways so might as well use it towards you're advantage, 1 prize to they're 2 that's all you need)
4 rare candy (there's a reason I went 2 super rod and 4 rare candy with probably a 4-1-3 line of flygon)
If you like crush, put in crushing hammer and enhanced hammer, the rest is up to you

this is a skeleton, and a basis behind what probably makes the engine run the best.

Edit: I would also mention, add another mainline attacker like an EX, that would help, mewtwo, landorus, keldeo, something that uses the energy flygon uses.

Last edited:

~Kurou

to see you smile
I'm thinking of playing 3-2-2 PS Klinklang with 1 BW Klinklang with Cobalion EX and Lugia EX (to rack up easy prize cards)

Ideas for trainers and energy lines?

I also had an idea for a Victini EX/Victini NB deck but haven't thought much about other pokemon

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
For klink, 2 plasma and 2 gear shift because after testing the past couple weeks it's just better for you're after ohko rate on klinks and it gives you a faster setup option, also cobalion NV because lugia and cobalion EX are to big to have out there in the first 2 turns against decks that use virbank+ htl, benchtini etc so it's better to have something to sit out there and take that dmg for you, klink T/S/S line...

3-4 N
3-4 juniper
4 skyla
2-3 colress/bianca/cheren/etc (colress is the best because this deck works on the bench)

4 rare candy
4 ultra ball (heavy ball may be great, but ultraball + skyla lets you get everything in minus energy)
3 catcher
2 heavy ball
3-4 switch/escape rope
1 dowsing machine (people say scramble switch, that's what gear shift is for you fools)
2-3 max potion (when you can move energy around at free will with gearshift you never lose energy to begin with)
2 colress machine
2-3 shadow triad

3-4 plasma energy (I'd just say more

This is a skeleton to give you an idea nice use for lugia in the format.

RNG_Reporter

After a handful of packs and looking at tins/theme decks [for energies, etc]

I decided to work with Blastoise and Keldeo

Mainly because I got lucky and pulled a shiny Blast, and got a Keldeo Tin [I could have chose any; Metwo, Darkrai, Kyurem's, etc]

Have Milotic with ability to help me out also.

So thinking..

Pokemon: 15 cards
Blastoise x2
Wartortle x3
Squirtle x3
Keldeo x1
Raikou EX[cause I pulled it] x1
Black Kyurem[from the themed deck, he is bad tho lol] x2
Bouffalant x2
Electivire x1

Energies: 18 cards
11 Water Energies
7 Electric Energies

Trainers: --
will roll with energy retrievals and ones who find in deck and discard. as well as draw cards, pokemon finders, and stuff like that.

Obviously a work in progress.. but im a novice, so i dont expect for this to be awesome.

Also.. a side note.. Did I do the right thing in picking Keldeo over the other Tins?

tcg

私は日本語が話せない
I'm thinking about making a 4-2-4 crobat pls and mewtwo ex deck, Does anybody have suggestions?

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
tcg@ I like this idea 4-2-4 crobat, 3 to 4 virbank, then you could go for mewtwo to fill the rest of the slot's but you could put in sigilyphs for EX counters (victini with v-create if you run in an area with a large amount of cobalion players), um at this point I guess a skeleton of a list might work

4-1-4 crobat plasma
2-3 mewtwo EX

8 psychic
4 DCE

4 skyla
3 N
2 juniper
4 colress/cheren/bianca
2 HTL (helps mewtwo in mirror matches)
4 rare candy
4 virbank
1 dowsing machine (getting virbank back)
1 super rod
3-4 ultra ball/level ball

@RNG_Reporter: Hmm, I can tell you're new at this when you treat trainers with less respect then energy

Pokemon: 15 cards
3-1-2 (You have 4 rare candy and maybe 2-3 skyla, you should be able to pull off an easy turn 2 blastoise if you run about 2-3 skyla and 3-4 rare candy)
Keldeo x3 (even if you have to use bits of paper that have keldeo on it and black kyurem EX are better then buying cards you think you might need get a feel for the lines and see what you need first)
Black Kyurem x2 (in a mirror match against people who will play black kyruem EX, you'd win more with this card right here
Bouffalant x2 (you can play these terrible cards but that's you're choice)

3 juniper
4 skyla
4 N
2-3 cheren/bianca/colress

4 rare candy
2-3 e. retrieval (helps in ultra ball combos
3 ultra ball or 2
2 level ball or 3
4 catcher
1 computer search or scramble switch (they're both good cards to put in this deck
2 max potion
1 tool scraper

Energies: (do you know that every keldeo deck I have ever seen only runs 10-12 energy max, and it's a good count)
9 Water Energies
4 Electric Energies

Last edited:

RNG_Reporter

Thanks for the help. Yeah I'm a novice with the cards.
Will buy some of those cards individually on troll and toad for sure. Thanks for the help.

caterpie_is_awesome_123

Paramore & Hayley<3
I was wondering if a Crobat based deck would actually work. Something like Crobat paired along with Virbank City GYm, the Venipede family (for their poison point) and Girtatina. Would it work? And if it would, what other cards should be used alongside them?
I'm quite new to the tcg and I would really appreciate any help in building the deck before I actually start attempting to collect the cards.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Giratina and crobat do work together. Then again having the auto poison cards messes up crobat because you can't stack poison, one poison condition just replaces another. I never tested this decklist out so Idk (then again I haven't tested most of the decklists I put on this thread but I know they'll work, I never tested my list from last weekend and went 3-1, so that doesn't stop me). This is a skeleton.

4-1-4 Crobat pst
3-4 Giratina pst
2 Mewtwo EX

(I can't stress enough a good supporter line, just 9-10 minimum amount of either shuffle or draw supporters is so flipping handy in getting stuff going ASAP)
3 N
4 Cheren
2 Professor Juniper (this is what I find to be the revolving door supporter, alot of people either hate or like, and in any case just find it useful when you have 1-2 or 3 cards left in hand and don't mind discarding them, alot of people say run 4 but that's a preference I find)
2 skyla (I don't like this card, but that doesn't mean that it won't work well for you)
2 Colress

4 Pokemon Catcher
3-4 switch
4 Rare Candy
3 Virbank City Gym
1 Computer Search ACE SPEC
3-4 colress machine (this is what makes this deck so fast)

Energy
7-9 Psychic Energy
4 plasma energy

Last edited:

caterpie_is_awesome_123

Paramore & Hayley<3
Giratina and crobat do work together. Then again having the auto poison cards messes up crobat because you can't stack poison, one poison condition just replaces another. I never tested this decklist out so Idk (then again I haven't tested most of the decklists I put on this thread but I know they'll work, I never tested my list from last weekend and went 3-1, so that doesn't stop me). This is a skeleton.

4-1-4 Crobat pst
3-4 Giratina pst
2 Mewtwo EX

(I can't stress enough a good supporter line, just 9-10 minimum amount of either shuffle or draw supporters is so flipping handy in getting stuff going ASAP)
3 N
4 Cheren
2 Professor Juniper (this is what I find to be the revolving door supporter, alot of people either hate or like, and in any case just find it useful when you have 1-2 or 3 cards left in hand and don't mind discarding them, alot of people say run 4 but that's a preference I find)
2 skyla (I don't like this card, but that doesn't mean that it won't work well for you)
2 Colress

4 Pokemon Catcher
3-4 switch
4 Rare Candy
3 Virbank City Gym
1 Computer Search ACE SPEC
3-4 colress machine (this is what makes this deck so fast)

Energy
7-9 Psychic Energy
4 plasma energy

Thank you very much. This was extremely helpful.:)

Ore-sama

The Great Me!
Okay so I haven't been to the forums in a LONG while but for months, I have been considering getting back into the TCG. I actually stopped playing the TCG during the late 2000s as at the time, the fanbase here in sunny Singapore was scattered and there wasn't a league around at the time until Team Robo got formed in 2010.

Anyway, I haven't got much ideas yet but I'm looking to build a deck for future competitive playing (Play! Pokémon tournaments like the World Championships for example). It's crazy since I'm just starting to get back into the TCG but I wanna do it.

As for what kind of deck, I'm specifically looking for one that allows me to use Hydreigon (My favorite Pokémon) and Dragon-type (My favorite type from the video games). I am also looking for a deck that can survive to the forthcoming 2013-2014 Modified format rotation. I understand that the 2013-2014 format hasn't been announced yet and we're months away from it but I want a deck that either possibly allows me to use all cards in my deck when the new format commences or minimizes the amount of modifications to my deck as much as I can.

Anyway, I know this post pretty vague but I'm quite a newbie at this and it's been years since I've played the TCG so I don't know exactly what kind of strategy I wanna make use of.

Last edited:

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Ore-sama@, I have bad news and bad news, to make a format deck with hydregion is currently very iffy as energy trans hydregion might be going out of rotation very soon (the deck is darkrai EX/hydergion, darkrai EX is one of the top tier cards so even just making a deck with darkrai might be a good idea). As for dragon type decks, the only one that comes to mind outside of using TDK would be rayeels, however when September 9th rolls around we will no longer be able to play rayeels as it's engine will be rotated out. And that sums it up. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the truth must be said.

Last edited:

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I want to try making a deck based around Thunderus EX (plasma) and Lugia EX.

I have a couple ideas of using Jolteon (plasma) and putting items such as the Shadow traid and Frozen city in.

But that's about it. Any ideas?

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
This sounds like alot of things I just recently tested the past 2-3 weeks, so I'll give you a re-modded skeleton from a TDK version I tested.

3 thundurus EX
3-4 deoxys EX
1-2 lugia EX
2-3 kyurem or absol
1 keldeo

4 DCE
4 WLFM blend
4 prism energy
2-3 DCE
or
4-5 electric
3-4 water
4 prism
2-3 DCE

3 N
4 Juniper
1-2 colress
1-2 skyla
2 shadow triad
3 colress machine
4 plasma ball
2 float stone
3 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 2 virbank/2 frozen city
1 super rod

~Kurou

to see you smile
I want to make a fun deck with Darkrai EX/Sigilyph/Mewtwo EX/Darkrai FA (BW73)