• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have an idea for a deck but don't have a decklist? Click here!

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
So plasma... Metagross I would not consider just due to how much it clunks up your deck, I'll post my own plasma list.

2 thundurus EX
4 deoxys EX
2 lugia EX
1 snorlax
1 palkia EX/skarmory EX
1 genesect EX

4 electric energy
3 prisim energy
4 DCE
4 plasma energy

4 N
4 sycamore
2 colress
3 shauna
2 shadow triad
1 max potion (you could switch out the 1 tool scrapper for a second max potion, It depends on weather you like to stall or not
1 plasma ball
4 colress machine
2 ultra ball
3 muscle band
2 frozen city
3 switch
2 tool scarpper
1 scramble switch

Last edited:

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Shayminslicker@ Reuniclus, mew EX and dmg gardi (hmmm, could.....

3-3 cradilly (basically faster setup for techs, this does work out to getting rid of a lot of dmg with serperior 100 per turn in theory, with enough bench sitters)
2 reuniclus
1-2 serperior (this is just to deal with excess dmg
2-1-1/3 (1 dual energy gardivoir, 3 LT gardivoir
1 mr. mime
You could put in mew EX, but you could end up losing the prize trade off in a big way and having the ability to just use super rod after the ko, switch to cradilly and blamo new gardi, attaché the 1 psychic, switch etc, instead of yes you candy a gardi, play mew, they get 2 prizes, versus they probably only manage 1 maybe 2.

2-3 super rod
3-4 ultra ball (possibly 4, just to get the turn 1 lileep).
4 N
4 juniper
3 skyla
etc

LordDenn@ virizion genesect is the best way to go for grass decks, the 200 pretty much gives it that, catcher effect and no status effects. You could however go

virizion/buffolant
2-3 virizion EX
3-4 buffolant
1 mr. mime
1 munna

3 bangle
4 laser
2 virbank
3 skyla
4 N
4 juniper
4 ultra ball
etc

Or virizion mewtwo

3-4 virizion EX
4 mewtwo EX

4 lasers
2 virbank
4 n
4 juniper
3 skyla
2 enhanced hammer (mewtwo start against yeti is terrible

Sorry for asking so late but how exactly do you one turn lillep? Don't you have to use it's fossil for it to be on the bench?

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Bianca stresses your deck by using cards that can come in handy later in the game (but juniper does a better job), therefore Bianca is completely situational. Colress is situational as well just due to bench size count. Shauna is not, you draw five cards regardless, no matter what happens.

Turn 1 lileep PLB, lilleep and an ultra ball, with lileeps fossil, ultra ball lileep to the discard, use lileeps ability to the bottom of the deck, use the fossil, turn 1 lileep.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Bianca stresses your deck by using cards that can come in handy later in the game (but juniper does a better job), therefore Bianca is completely situational. Colress is situational as well just due to bench size count. Shauna is not, you draw five cards regardless, no matter what happens.

Turn 1 lileep PLB, lilleep and an ultra ball, with lileeps fossil, ultra ball lileep to the discard, use lileeps ability to the bottom of the deck, use the fossil, turn 1 lileep.

My bad, I didn't realize Shauna made you shuffle your hand first. I thought she was just like Bianca but for 5 instead of 6

koolaidman594

(>^__^)> <(^__^<)
this is my current darkrai/yveltal deck that i am going to be running at the mass regionals, my biggest fear is genesect/virizion i think, anyone have any ideas as far as possible techs/threats?

POKEMON (9)
3x Yveltal EX
2x Darkrai EX
1x Keldeo EX
2x Yveltal
1x Sableye

TRAINERS (28)
1x Computer Search
3x Ultra Ball
4x Hypnotoxic Laser
4x Dark Patch
3x Muscle Band
3x Energy Switch
2x Random Receiver
2x Red Card
2x Virbank City Gym
1x Switch
1x Tool Scrapper
1x Enhanced Hammer
1x Professor's Letter

SUPPORTERS (11)
4x Professor Juniper
3x N
2x Skyla
2x Bianca

ENERGY (12)
9x Dark Energy
3x Double Colorless Energy

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
I'm trying to build a Metal deck but have real idea where to start. I want build something that can soak up damage, last for a long match and apply defensive pressure to the opponent. High HP and suppressive abilities would be the main focus of the deck. This deck will be in the unlimited format. Also, very important, I do not want to run any pokemon from BW-on.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
^this is pretty hard to pull off for what your asking, the best you could run the deck for would be dual klink, klinklang energy trans (moves steel energy) and plasma steel (no dmg from EX pokemon to steel type pokemon), then play scizor prime so it doesn't take dmg from attackers with special energy attached, scizor only has 100 hp, regardless of the fact that it deals large dmg and is fast to setup, otherwise cobalion EX to take special energy off of the opponents active. There is also meta gross with super connectivity that's attaches steel energy from the discard to the active pokemon. Dialga G lv.X with a body that shuts down other bodies but must be active to get it out, Lv.X's can't be played to the bench.

(I'm making this "loosely" based off of the rest of the unlimited format). Here is a rough skeleton, the rest of what you would add would be techs for the most part

2 cobalion EX
2 cobalion NV/LTR
4-2-2/2 klinklang, 2 e. trans, 2 plasma steel
3-3 scizor prime
1 registeel EX DEX
1 skarmory EX
1-1 dialka G Lv.X
2-2 claydol

3 PONT
4 BTS
3 rare candy
4 celios network
2 castaway
3 roseannes research
2 heavy ball
1 luxury ball
1 nights maintenance
3 cessation crystal

Xx steel energy/prism/rainbow/double rainbow energy, becarful how you move that stuff around, not everything works with everything.

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
^this is pretty hard to pull off for what your asking, the best you could run the deck for would be dual klink, klinklang energy trans (moves steel energy) and plasma steel (no dmg from EX pokemon to steel type pokemon), then play scizor prime so it doesn't take dmg from attackers with special energy attached, scizor only has 100 hp, regardless of the fact that it deals large dmg and is fast to setup, otherwise cobalion EX to take special energy off of the opponents active. There is also meta gross with super connectivity that's attaches steel energy from the discard to the active pokemon. Dialga G lv.X with a body that shuts down other bodies but must be active to get it out, Lv.X's can't be played to the bench.

(I'm making this "loosely" based off of the rest of the unlimited format). Here is a rough skeleton, the rest of what you would add would be techs for the most part

2 cobalion EX
2 cobalion NV/LTR
4-2-2/2 klinklang, 2 e. trans, 2 plasma steel
3-3 scizor prime
1 registeel EX DEX
1 skarmory EX
1-1 dialka G Lv.X
2-2 claydol

3 PONT
4 BTS
3 rare candy
4 celios network
2 castaway
3 roseannes research
2 heavy ball
1 luxury ball
1 nights maintenance
3 cessation crystal

Xx steel energy/prism/rainbow/double rainbow energy, becarful how you move that stuff around, not everything works with everything.
Sorry, I should have specified this in my last post. I don't want to use any pokemon from BW-on.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
^alright (don't know why, everything else is going to have very little hp and alot less use as a tech run), then just play scizor primes, dialga G lv.X and steelix prime, the engine is fine no matter if you choose to not use the klings so you can heal heavy dmg off of your attackers.

LordDenn

Knigth
Hello there i came here for some help in the past and im here again for some new ideas. (sorry for my inglish )

i need ideas for a dragon type deck, the garchomp from dragon exalted and gabite´s ability is so good but may be the Haxorus line and the drudigon from flash fire are also very good

gabite (dragon exalted) x4

gabite (dragon exalted) x4

garchomp (drgon exalted) x4

drudigon (flash fire) x2

haxorus line (plasma blast) x1 (?)

supports are i guess the basic one

items: ?????

energy

4 waters
6 fight
4 blend energy (water, ligthning, steel, fight)
doble colorless energy x2

DraculKuroHemming

Top Coordinator
I'm looking for a Standard Format (or Modified, I forget what its called, but its whatever is Tournament Legal) Deck set up with using Goodra (FF). I am unable to find a good set up that can make good use of it. Does anyone have any ideas?

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Lorddenn@ level balls, ultra balls, 14 supporters for draw and re-shuffle and you should be fine.

DraculKuroHemming@ neither have I, but I will give it a shot

(skeleton)
4-2-4 goodra FLF
2 xerneas
2-2 aromatisse
2 miltank
2-2 altaria/gabite or 2-1-2/1-0-1 reuniculs (extra dmg to hit for ohko's, search for consistency, or good heal synergy between reuni and goodra)

8 fairy energy
5 water energy

4 N
4 juniper
3 skyla
2 colress
4 rare candy
3 level ball
3 ultra ball
1 evosoda
2 super rod
3 muscle band
1 scarpper
1 dowsing/computer ace spec

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
I am looking for a modified or unlimited deck (whichever one is allowed in leagues, not tournaments) based on water, and some pokemon I plan to use are greninja ex, blastoise ex, and mega blastoise ex. I can easily buy the greninja ex tin thing with my allowance, and possibly the blastoise too. But what's a good deck for this?

caterpie_is_awesome_123

Paramore & Hayley<3
So i recently pulled a FA Genesect-EX and I was wondering what would be the best deck to utilize it in, and the content of that deck.

Well caterpie_is_awesome_123, the basic answer is easy: combine it with Virizion EX. It can get Grass Energy out of your deck and attach it to your Pokémon with it's attack. Not only that, but it's Ability keeps any of your Pokémon with Grass Energy safe from Special Conditions, so things like the ever-present Hypnotoxic Laser won't hurt you. Oh, and it's also useful to throw in one of the Ace Spec Pokémon Tool cards that give Genesect EX an extra attack.

Just a warning. With the release of Flashfire, this kind of deck has some competition with all of the Fire types running around. It's still good, just don't think it will beat everything.

caterpie_is_awesome_123

Paramore & Hayley<3
Well caterpie_is_awesome_123, the basic answer is easy: combine it with Virizion EX. It can get Grass Energy out of your deck and attach it to your Pokémon with it's attack. Not only that, but it's Ability keeps any of your Pokémon with Grass Energy safe from Special Conditions, so things like the ever-present Hypnotoxic Laser won't hurt you. Oh, and it's also useful to throw in one of the Ace Spec Pokémon Tool cards that give Genesect EX an extra attack.

Just a warning. With the release of Flashfire, this kind of deck has some competition with all of the Fire types running around. It's still good, just don't think it will beat everything.

Would this particular deck be useful against the Darkrai/Yveltal decks? I'm having a huge problem with those decks and I need to find a deck that can stand its own against them.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I'm trying to make a deck based of the new Lucario EX and Machamp cards, but I don't know what other cards to put in it. Help?

abdulmuhsee

So I saw some neighborhood kids playing the TCG and told them about the good old days when I used to play in my youth. Long story short, they are now expecting me to play with them next Friday, and my cards are long gone and the gameplay pretty hazy. I want to make a deck with only the original base set, jungle, fossil, and team rocket, but cursory research has revealed that these sets are VASTLY inferior to the new stuff coming out, with legendary "EX" cards that you don't even have to evolve and do 100+ damage per attack.

On top of that, I have no idea what my energy/pokemon/trainer card ratio needs to be, how many evolutions I need in the deck, etc. All I remember from my younger self are potions, those double-colorless energies, and Pinsir. I'm especially confused in regards to how many basic pokemon to its corresponding evolved form I need to be successful.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
To answer basically all of the above answers, If your having a problem against yveltal with virizion genesect, mega manectric is shutting it down (2 energy for 110, lets you put 2 basic energy from the discard onto a benched pokemon, x2 is 220 to yveltal, and it has a tool to bypass it's use's), I could also be realistic (and maybe rude, though I don't mean to be) and say that your probably not good with vir/gen if you lose to yveltal/garbo considering it dominates in that kind of format, and pyroar and charizard do not guarantee victory over vir/gen that and seismetoad/garbo

Lucario/machamp isn't really that great and doesn't have that great of a support synergy but if I had to make a skeleton on the spot

3-4 lucario EX
4-2-4 machamp
2 mewtwo

4 strong energy
4 fighting energy
4 DCE

4 korrina
4 juniper
4 N
2 colress
1 profs letter
3 muscle band
1 fighting stadium (donphan is popular and makes it into top 8 at various tournaments quite frequently atm, laser/bank is a better option though because then they can't use it against you, otherwise ultra ball, computer search and juniper seem like the best options in getting rid of it for matchups like that)
2 lysandre

@abdulmuhsee, the trainer and supporter section directly above this is the same in pretty much a majority of tier and rogue deck lists, with the exception with a few cards that differ from deck to deck to make up synergy and deck engine requirements, If you want to get a better understanding I suggest looking at forums, and recent regional videos from this past October giving you insight into deck strategy, plays, etc