1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Have Brock's chances of a cameo in BW dwindled?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by CyberCubed, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

With BW rapidly ending within about 7 months, and most of the rest of BW being focused on N and Team Plasma, do you think Brock's chances of getting a cameo like Dawn have dwindled?

The only time I can see Brock appearing now is maybe for 1 episode at Pallet Town at the very end. I really just don't see them having Brock appear in Unova when we only have like 35 episodes left.

2. Super-Staff

Super-Staff Turnabout Pokemon

The better question is: Do people even care enough about Brock to warrant him a cameo?

3. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

None was expecting him to appear unless we get a lab episode.

Hey a Cyber thread.

4. BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl Well-Known Member

If he was going to be in the N arc you'd think he'd be on the poster like Dawn was, I don't think thats going to happen.
    If they do a party type episode that has all of Ash's friends including Brock at the end of the series, I could see it maybe.

5. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

He already got one.

All a cameo is is a brief showing of the character. If we got 2 seconds of gary watching the unova league. that would be a cameo

6. ShinyCharyZard

ShinyCharyZard Honesty=Infractions

There are more Brock fans around than you think there are..

I really wanted him to get a cameo, but it seems they used Dawn's memories of him so that they didn't have to give him his own appearance..

7. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

I was thinking of that too. Its very similar to the way the Misty lure was brought up back in DP without Misty herself appearing.

At least Brock did get a special at Pewter Gym.

8. Super-Staff

Oh, I know there are, and most of them (like 98%) are Gen1 fans who are clearly not the target audience of the show anymore.

9. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

I wonder if any kids who grew up with DP wound up really liking Brock.

10. Super-Staff

I've hung around kids, mostly at my old job, during that time and they tended to like Ash more than Dawn and Brock. It seems that amongst the older fanbase, people like Dawn and Ash (and side characters). I've very rarely seen people being huge fans of Brock, though.

11. I don't care.

Also he had two cameos.

12. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

Really? I would think kids would have liked Dawn the best of the DP trio. Interesting.

I'd love Brock to make an appearance and I agree that when Ash returns to Kanto, that would be a good time.

13. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Degrassi Student

Dawn had a reason to come to Unova. World Tournament due to Cynthia who seems to travel regions quite lot. Brock has his doctor goals so he had no reason to go to the PWT. If anything he might be studying at Ash's house for some reason to be close to Oak who might help him and they meet for a bit.

14. Super-Staff

I thought little girls would like Dawn, too, but they usually said Ash was their favorite. Go figure.

15. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

Yes they do.

Agreed.

Unfortunately it seems so.

Actually, no she didn't.

The writers made an excuse for her to return and this time it was very obvious. Same with Misty. May had a reason as contests were in Sinnoh.

16. Super-Staff

Yeah, like, a couple? Not enough to make the writers think "HARK! WE MUST BRING BROCK BACK FOR A CAMEO! HIS INSANE FANBASE IS DEMANDING SO!" ...Yeah.

17. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

Like Haunter said no she didn't, Haruka was well done since it was a Coordinator coming to a special contest, now Hikari comes from Hoenn out of nowhere to do a battling tournament that just by coincidence Satoshi will also take part in, thats as convinient as her whole "I get Togekiss!" episode.

18. Bluelatios*

Bluelatios* Well-Known Member

There has been no evidence for or against Brock getting a cameo, hence this thread is speculation without evidence. Besides, the answer is simple; why do just a cameo instead of fixing up the character so even more people would want an official return?

19. Eneci

Eneci FrogadierMasterLucas

He can appear in the episode when Ash comes home. And meet Cilan and iris zhere.

20. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

A couple million umadbro

That's not what you initially questioned though, you questioned whether people care and quite frankly yes enough people do which is evidently seen in the anime spoilers if you actually knew what you was talking about.

p.s There are hundreds of things in the anime that fans love but the writers don't always bring them back, Brock probably won't be any different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.