• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have Brock's chances of a cameo in BW dwindled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Super-Staff, you are constantly thrusting this opinion upon us that Brock isn't that popular when compared to 'most' other characters.. If this is in fact true, I'm sure that you wouldn't mind posting the receipts to back it up?

I assume you must have popularity charts from Japan or something similar, because otherwise you'd just appear foolish for making the claims without evidence and I'm sure you wouldn't do that to yourself.

:)

Hilda

You only understood ''giving advice'' from that line? Also, I was talking about the previous comment that I wrote before the ''Dude, he didn't just give advice!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't try to make it seem like I said that'', yet you trace back and give the remotely thing which could just pass off as an excuse to make seem bad? D*** move, d*** move.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Super-Staff, you are constantly thrusting this opinion upon us that Brock isn't that popular when compared to 'most' other characters.. If this is in fact true, I'm sure that you wouldn't mind posting the receipts to back it up?

I assume you must have popularity charts from Japan or something similar, because otherwise you'd just appear foolish for making the claims without evidence and I'm sure you wouldn't do that to yourself.

:)

Ha ha. Except I already wrote that there's no way to conclusively prove that (not that his fans would believe me or anything). This is mostly from years and years of observation in the Pokemon fandom and on this very forum, too. If I did waste time and dug for evidence, I could probably dig up some polls from around various Pokemon websites maybe. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or energy for that.

You only understood ''giving advice'' from that line? Also, I was talking about the previous comment that I wrote before the ''Dude, he didn't just give advice!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't try to make it seem like I said that'', yet you trace back and give the remotely thing which could just pass off as an excuse to make seem bad? D*** move, d*** move.

Wow, Jesus Christ, calm down. You know, throwing a hissy fit like that isn't a good way to debate. :/

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Ha ha. Except I already wrote that there's no way to conclusively prove that (not that his fans would believe me or anything). This is mostly from years and years of observation in the Pokemon fandom and on this very forum, too.

Unfortunately its impossible to learn of the popularity on any forum that isn't Japanese. This is because the Japanese kids are all that matter when it comes to the anime.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Unfortunately its impossible to learn of the popularity which actually matters on any forum outside of Japan.

Thing is, I mean, we could make a poll about it now, although that's outlawed on here now, isn't it?

Besides, just from observation and from participation in Pokemon's fandom, I've seen little love for Brock outside of a select few who tend to love him due to his role in Gen1.

Hilda

Ha ha. Except I already wrote that there's no way to conclusively prove that (not that his fans would believe me or anything). This is mostly from years and years of observation in the Pokemon fandom and on this very forum, too.

I am rather calm, but if you want to debate properly, don't play dirty bro. Forums don't mean anything, because forums usually discuss the newer things, and the fans of those things are more abundant. Now, if you were to add all those people called genwunners, you'd see how many Brock fans and lovers there really are. They are just not strolling around forums and discuss how Brock is amazing. I mean I do, and I know I come off as a genwunner, but I am as excited for the 6th gen as you guys, and I love playing my BW2. But not everyone keeps up to date like me, and they are usually on youtube videos of something related to the older gens. Yes, I like May, Dawn and Iris, but they will never be a Brock. They won't have fans who will ask them to return so much after 15approx. years of their creation. Even if Brock doesn't get a cameo, it doesn't diminish his importance for the show.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
I am rather calm, but if you want to debate properly, don't play dirty bro.

Uh, when I have played dirty?

Forums don't mean anything, because forums usually discuss the newer things, and the fans of those things are more abundant.

Forums do count because it's a part of the fanbase, plus serebiiforums is one of the larger ones for the western fanbase if I'm not mistaken.

Now, if you were to add all those people called genwunners, you'd see how many Brock fans and lovers there really are. They are just not strolling around forums and discuss how Brock is amazing. I mean I do, and I know I come off as a genwunner, but I am as excited for the 6th gen as you guys, and I love playing my BW2. But not everyone keeps up to date like me, and they are usually on youtube videos of something related to the older gens. Yes, I like May, Dawn and Iris, but they will never be a Brock. They won't have fans who will ask them to reutn so much after 15approx. years since their creation. Even if Brock doesn't get a cameo, it doesn't diminish the importance of him for the show.

I don't see how that proves that Brock is important or popular at all. You're basically letting your personal opinion of him define the entire fanbase when many clearly do not feel that way about him.

Hilda

I remember admitting that he wasn't really popular right now, but popularity doesn't mean importance. I didn't say forums do not count, there you are putting words in my mouth again! They just don't reflect all. It's not my opinion, the parents example I gave is pretty clear. You couldn't even say anything to disprove that.

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
With Brock the thing about him is I see him be a little overshadowed. He's popular, yes, but I think many people have a character that they like more than him.

But I know a few people who liked Brock a lot. Two of my friends had a crush on him, one of them liked him because he was just there, but most fall into the OS peeps.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
I remember admitting that he wasn't really popular right now, but popularity doesn't mean importance. I didn't say forums do not count, there you are putting words in my mouth again! They just don't reflect all.

When did you say that? Can't find it. Either way, he hasn't been very popular or important to the series in recent times.

ShinyCharyZard

Forums do count because it's a part of the fanbase, plus serebiiforums is one of the larger ones for the western fanbase if I'm not mistaken..

As I edited into my previous post, the opinions of Japanese children are the only ones that truly matter. Whether he's popular or not in the US doesn't really matter at all..

..and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't serebii.net and its forum British?

With Brock the thing about him is I see him be a little overshadowed. He's popular, yes, but I think many people have a character that they like more than him.

But I know a few people who liked Brock a lot. Two of my friends had a crush on him, one of them liked him because he was just there, but most fall into the OS peeps.

Brock was a good character- just overshadowed a lot like you said. Like Cilan is right now, though not to the same extent Brock was in DP, IMO. xD.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
As I edited into my previous post, the opinions of Japanese children are the only ones that truly matter. Whether he's popular or not in the US doesn't really matter at all..

..and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't serebii.net and its forum British?

Well, the Japanese fanbase is obviously relevant but they do care about what the fans think on a global scale. I mean, the reason they replaced Brock with Tracey was due to a fear of how a western audience would percieve him.

I'm not sure about where the forum is located or who owns it, but a lot of people from North America do come here, so.

Hilda

he hasn't been very popular or important to the series in recent times.

Thank you, you can remind me that he is fictional character to me again but

After you move out, your parents are not that important to your daily life.
Your room-mate/loneliness is.
You can change your room-mate, and the newer room-mate will impact your life more (Dawn to Iris, I know it sounds weird but stay with me).
But your old room-mate can come to pick his stuff up ie cameo
The people who were there when you started everything will not be in your life as much(Brock, Misty)
But they had the most important roles to get you to where ever you are (Ash, Pokémon franchise).

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Thank you, you can remind me that he is fictional character to again but

After you move out, your parents are not that important to your daily life.
Your room-mate/loneliness is.
You can change your room-mate, and the newer room-mate will impact your life more. But your old room-mate can come to pick his stuff up ie cameo (Dawn to Iris, I know it sounds weird but stay with me)
The people who were there when you started everything will not be in your life as much(Brock, Misty)
But they had the most important roles to get you to whereever you are (Ash, Pokémon franchise).

Real life =/= fiction

Also, that's a pretty skewed way of viewing people in your life. You can't use examples from real life like that when debating something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.