• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have Pokemon/Gamefreak ever ran a competition for people to create either a Pokemon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmpunk1

Have Pokemon/Gamefreak ever ran a competition for people to create either a Pokemon or a story within the game?

I think it would be a goo way to get some buzz going around the games and a great way to bring in new and old fans. Just think how amazing it would be if you won and forever had a Pokemon immortalised in the game and anime forever.

By this people would send in sketches and drawings and create a small back story behind it.

What do you think?

FallBird

I always wished they would do something like that. I mean, just look around on the internet. People have so many good ideas! It's a shame for none of them to ever get a chance.

It'd be great! Especially because some people who create fan games with stories before Game Freak creates the official games with a coincidentally similar storyline, this would prevent those fan game makers from getting angry that they had their storyline essentially stolen from them.

ohjeezitskim

Hmm, when I first came to the forums, I answered with my opinion on something very similar to this and got ripped a new butthole from some jerk saying it would never happen.

It would be cool, especially to see all peoples submissions, but unlikely it would ever happen

Hmm, when I first came to the forums, I answered with my opinion on something very similar to this and got ripped a new butthole from some jerk saying it would never happen.

It would be cool, especially to see all peoples submissions, but unlikely it would ever happen

Clearly, that "butthole" didn't read your post carefully. Of course you knew that it wouldn't ever happen, but you weren't arguing that it would.

But yeah, it would be pretty cool.

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
It seems like a really cool idea, but they wouldn't allow it. They would just compare designs to previous, already-existing pokemon (since there's a pokemon for pretty much every monster and some inanimate things). They are running out of ideas, but they'll be able to create new pokemon.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I think it would be a terrible idea, because then people would keep wanting more and more contests, before eventually having half a pokedex full of fan fakemon.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Pretty much answered; copyright and legal issues exist with it, and they can easily afford to hire their own professional designers to come up with their own designs. Hence why they have not and will not have a make-a-Pokemon comp.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.