• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have We Been Neglected - UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryheart

This is a very genral topic about the anime and the DVDs for the UK really so I believed it should be here but if anyone disagrees contact a mod to get it moved Thank You.

To start off I would like to remind everyone of an announcement made last August by 'Network DVD' where it clearly stated that they had plans to release the Pokemon Series on DVD - here's a quote.

Network - the company responsible for releasing The Rise of Darkrai in the UK next month - says that they will also "release all TV seasons of the Japanese animation starting with the first season, Pokémon, Volume One and the most recent 10th season Pokémon Diamond and Pearl"!

We are currently not aware of any release dates or whether this will also apply outside the UK, but we'll let you know once we have heard!

Now personally I don't know whats going on to be honest I doubt anyone does apart from the head honchos at the company, however this didn't stop me from just contacting them with a query as to whether they still have plans for the franchise and I wait for an answer which I will make certain I post almsot imediately when recieved.

So do you think that we will see a glimpse of Pokemon Action come to a DVD store around the country or has the recession and other financial problems put a short term block in their arrivals, or will we never see them reach our shelves from this company! Have your say! Discuss!​

Cerberus

One Love
I was surprised they where bringing Rise of Darkrai to the UK, I doubt we'll see 6 through 9 released either.

I think eventually they will deliver what they have promised. But trust me, it will take forever. I don't mind too much, I import the American DVD's.

At least the recession is loosening up ;)

Havocide

Collector
I was surprised they where bringing Rise of Darkrai to the UK, I doubt we'll see 6 through 9 released either.

I think eventually they will deliver what they have promised. But trust me, it will take forever. I don't mind too much, I import the American DVD's.
,At least the recession is loosening up ;)

Where can one buy them? I have no luck so far. Though I've not looked too far, so I guess Amazon?

harryheart

Where can one buy them? I have no luck so far. Though I've not looked too far, so I guess Amazon?

Unfortunately there is only one Pokemon DVD that has been released by Network so far which is The Rise of Darkrai and if you go onto their website and click Cult Kids then you will find the DVD and be able to purchase it. Don't know whether its cheaper however.

And I have emailed Network and also Disney concerning the release of DVDs as often Disney release their programme DVDs themselves or of programmes they air. So Disney might take it over.​

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Yeah, while I probably wouldn't purchase them, the lack of DVDs over here is quite shocking- kids who don't know how to download and import aren't getting their fix, which is a shame.

Yes we have, and still are.

NO Pokemon Special manga

NO DVD box sets (Except for Chronicles)

Plus Galactic Battles has yet to air, even on Jetix UK. What's taking so long?!

Havocide

Collector
Must admit I did come across Pokemon Movie 2000, The Power of One. for £2 in ASDA. =D

Love the music in that film.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Must admit I did come across Pokemon Movie 2000, The Power of One. for £2 in ASDA. =D

Love the music in that film.

I saw that in my local Asda, along with Movie1, 3, 4, 5, and 6. All £2 so I bought them.

All 10 movies can be found in HMV for 3 - 12 pounds. Still a bit ****** about Pokemon Special 'though. :mad:

Havocide

Collector
All 10 movies can be found in HMV for 3 - 12 pounds. Still a bit ****** about Pokemon Special 'though. :mad:

Managed to find, Jirachi Wishmaker and Pokemon 4Ever in HMV today, but that was it. There was also a Pokemon Chronicles volume 4. Didnt buy that though.

harryheart

Managed to find, Jirachi Wishmaker and Pokemon 4Ever in HMV today, but that was it. There was also a Pokemon Chronicles volume 4. Didnt buy that though.

Hmm those ones are really the only ones we have at the moment wheras we have ben promised the lot!​

harryheart

Hi All

I recieved the message back from Network explaining a few things and here it is:

Hi

The Pokemon bar was removed as part of an ongoing redesign of the website. The film itself can still be found on the site under the children’s category.

We intend to release more Pokemon DVDs but cannot comment on when that may be as negotiations are ongoing.

So it seems as if we will get more products when negotiations are completed!​

:::...Scizor...:::

i feel the uk have been neglected in anime as well

dp battle dimension didn't air until it was nearly finished, and then uk overtook america!
i was really excited, but that was like 5 months ago, and still no galactic battles...
i have to watch it on youtube

harryheart

Posted this in another topic so sorry for posting again I'll try and get the other closed!

Dear Jack,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the series of Pokemon Galactic Battles and the Disney XD Channel. We are currently showing Pokemon Battle Dimensions on the Disney XD Channel but unfortunately there are no plans to show Pokemon Galactic Battles for the time being.

For more information why not log on to the Disney website at www.disney.co.uk or www.disneyxd.co.uk which has lots of profiles, games and competitions from all your favourite programmes. It will also give you the chance to e-mail a message to the characters of the Disney Channel shows.

Have fun,

Janine
Disney Customer Services

So it does seem that we have a long wait until any information on Galactic Battles will be released and it could be that in actual fact CITV or another channel may take it over!

GaZsTiC

Alternating
To tell you the truth, I don't really mind when Galactic Battles airs in the UK. Chances are they're waiting until near-to-the-end of the series, and then playing a new episode every morning and finishing before America. When that happened with Battle Dimension, I couldn't stop laughing.

Using Amazon UK, I just bought movies 1-6, and 10 from the UK, and it gave me the option to import movies 7 8 9 and 11 from the US, which I did.
It took about 2 weeks for it all to arrive and it was a bit costly, But it was worth it. :)

Its a real shame that they don't bring more of the DVDs out here.

Last edited:

Iddy

We are currently showing Pokemon Battle Dimensions on the Disney XD Channel but unfortunately there are no plans to show Pokemon Galactic Battles for the time being.

Argh, thanks a lot for the info, but I'm kind of disappointed to hear that; I was honestly convinced PGB would be starting fairly soon. Hopefully GaZsTiC is right though, having all the epidodes shown practically back to back would make up for it nicely.

Its a real shame that they don't bring more of the DVDs out here.

I absolutely agree, hence my own personal efforts to import the box sets. I'm no expert, but I don't see why releasing them here couldn't fail to make the parties involved some profit.

SHINY CATCHER

Epic Snake is Epic!
I managed to find all 10 dvds in a charity shop for 50p each. I am still hoping for Galactic Battle to air soon. I'm going to laugh if they pull another Battle Dimension and show all the episodes very quickly at the end of the series and we end up finishing before the Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.