• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you almost died?

Scammel

Asides from the usual stuff such as not seeing cars until the latest moment, one incident sticks out particularly. We were holidaying in Caen and my dad was having fun trying to navigate the city in the car. Unwittingly, he drove across a train track not more than a second before a train went past, approaching from the side me and my mother were sat on. To this day he can't remember it (I don't think he was even aware at the time) which is a tad upsetting considering how close his stupidity came to ensuring the certain deaths of his wife and child.

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
I had a car accident when I was ten, I broke two ribs on my right side, three on the other, I think. Punctured a lung, collapsed the other, and lacerated my kidneys and liver. But it was pretty much the best thing that could've happened in the scenario. See, my mom passed out while she was driving, and the car began swaying to the other side, then a big truck begins coming up on the other side, so I grab the wheel to turn it the other way, but I was a bit... over zealous with the wheel grabbing, and we go down a hill and into a tree, hence the injuries. Still better then going into truck imo.

I also nearly drowned, but seeing how everyone and their mother nearly drowned on here, I'll just save that story for a different time.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I was close to being a stillborn. My mom had a C-section with me because the umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck four times. They got me breathing after about a minute or so, I don't exactly know the details. I just know that Dad said when they got me out, I was like purple, and when they got to hold me, I was pink.

Ee-yup.

Pyroli

Banned
I had a rock thrown at the back of my head when I was in Grade 3 (I was eight). I had been playing with some friends by some trees, when I felt a pain in the back of my head, now, I thought I had just smacked my head on the tree. I brought my hand up to my head, pulled it back, only to be greeted with blood. I ran home and my parents took me to the emergency room.

I needed 5 stiches and missed school for 2 weeks.

DragonTrainerSilver

<-- Starving dragon
Yes I have almost died before...once I almost drowned and another time I was almost shot and another time I had a medical operation that almost failed...honestly I've almost died several time's.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Yes, once when I was four. I had a really bad case of Whooping Cough and a pretty high fever as well. My mom took me to the emergency room and she said I was so close to dying.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
lolwut? wanna expound on that statement?

Oh, lol sorry XD I guess that did sound a bit wierd.

What I meant was that I'm a Christian and I know I'm going to Heaven when I die, but how I actually die I don't know, which sometimes scares me if I think about it too much XD

AGGRON GUY

expert breeder
yes when i didn't know how to swin someone threw me into a 8 foot pool and i almost drowned my mom jumped in to get me and he was laghing and then one time i did a backflip under water and was stuck and i finaly got up and one other time i couldn't breath so i went to the hospital.

Armando Payne

I've had a few.
When I was born there were complications, had to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks.
Almost drowned when I was 6.
Was trampled by a horse at age 8.
Had a cliff side fall on top of me at 16.

Other less serious but still possible life threatening times include: a car accident at around 7, an attempted kidnapping at 3, being cut by jerks at school around 15, and my first allergic reaction towards mint (my throat swelled and I needed surgery).
.....it's a surprise I am still alive TBH.

Expand on the Attempted Kidnapping, are you famous perchance? Or rich? Anyways, I don't know if it counts as a near death experience or not but I was a couple of nanoseconds away from being run over on my way home from college. (I'm English, so it's college not university.)

Flame Mistress

So many people and their experiences of nearly drowning... o_O

Now that I think about it, I think I also came close to drowning at one point. I was swimming at the beach with some other girls, and this huge wave swept us under. Nothing actually very serious, though, I suppose.

Kingsley

do my dance
I ran into a rabid dog once on the way to the supermarket.

I never ran so fast in my life.

That's actually my worst fear. I'm always thinking some Cujo type **** is gonna happen to me whenever I see a big dog.

But nah i've never almost died. At least not that I realize :d

SpeedDeoxys

Am I wrong here?
When I was 10, I had Pneumonia. I had it for a few weeks. I had this device that looks like I'm smoking something. lol

I suppose I'll elaborate on mine.
1)Heart problems when I was 2-3ish(only slightly life-threatening)
2) When I was 10 I caught the flu and pneumonia at the same time, plus I have asthma. I feel lucky to have survived that.

DazedMinezumi

Patrat don't exist
If any of you think those are near-death experiences, you are clearly mistaken. I do those daily. Here's story about how I almost actually died.
This one time, I was sitting in a chair at a computer

And I leaned back to get the mouse cord off the leg of it

And it felt as if I was going to fall back.

I did not however because God was obviously on my side

Almost died, y'all.
Yeah, you don't get much more gangster than that, I'm afraid.

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
Last year, I fell on a hill while driving a car with 4 friends. Thank God we crashed on a tree not to deep, It could be lot worse. And it was my first car crash.

One time I had to get something out from a creek and I got swept out. Although I never went under, I'm not a strong enough swimmer to swim in a fast current. Only parts of the river were fast though, and I was banking on one of the currents washing me up on a rock in the middle. However, I ended up getting swept out, and I had to hold onto a different rock just to not get pulled under. When I finally had to let go, I luckily ended up in just the right current to float me back to the shore.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
If being hit by a car counts then yeah......I got really lucky, no injuries.

I have an allergy to the yeast extract used in Vegemite like someone has an allergy to peanuts....found that out the hard way.