• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have YOU Beaten Tower Tycoon Palmer yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pichufan25

Don't go much to there, once i've done it and he owned me, i didn't even beat 1 of his pokemon cause i was not prepared for him :(.
;172;

I've done it once.
On my 34th Trainer, I met a Guilotinning Gliscor.

Guess what happened next >.<

shadow3944

The Legend Himself
I have beaten him both times. :D
I have 49 consecutive wins right now. I'm going for 100. :p

Sparkyperson

Light Ball Collector
Just faced him again with Mega HAXagge.

My Team:
Torterra - Leftovers Attached
Infernape - Focus Sash Attached
Empoleon - Choice Specs

Started off as Torterra vs. Rhyperior. Torterra used Wood Hammer and OHKO Rhyperior.
He then sent out Dragonite. We then kept attacking eachother, me using Crunch and him using Dragon Pulse, until Torterra was KO'ed.

I then sent out Empoleon and Ice Beamed his Dragonite. He then sent out Milotic, who immediatley put Empoleon to sleep. Milotic kept Hydro Pumping Empoleon till it got down to 1/5 health, then Empoleon woke up. It was then o thought "Lol, it would be so funny and HAX if it froze milotic", then it froze milotic. Who i kept ice beaming until it got down to 1/3 health, it then woke up and KOed Empoleon with another Hydro Pump.

Finally i sent out Infernape, thinking i'd sealed my win. Milotic then uses Hypnosis and puts me to sleep. It gets me down to 1HP (Focus Sash) with Hydro Pump, and i was like...."FREAKING HAX!". Infernape woke up next turn, thunder punched Milotic for the win, and the Battle was over.

Most entertaining match so far against Palmer.

togekiss bomber

bomb+togekiss=!!!
i've beaten him loads of times, the secret is too use a water type with an electric move. Surf for Rhyperior (which doesn't have Hard Rock), Icebeam for Dragonite, and TBolt for Milotic.

NotChip

®™
I've beat him like 4 times but each time was only the first time you meet him. I can't get through the next load of trainers to meet him for the second time.

The thing that horribly annoys me is how their attacks DO NOT MISS where as any move of mine that can miss WILL MISS!!!!!!!!!!
That Milotic of his always goes first and always uses Hypnosis which NEVER FAILS!!!!!
Oh the horror!!!!!, my pokemon sleep to death!!!!!

The latest highly unfair thing that I've worked out is that their pokemon don't just have chance enhancments but power enhancements aswell.
Let me explain,
My Milotic has a nature that boosts special attack (obviouasly as its a Milotic) also I have maxed EV trained its special attack furthur. However, a single ice beam from my Milotic CANNOT kill Palmer's Dragonite outright with a single hit, its always left in red HP.

Now then, my Dragonite has a gentle nature which boosts his special defense, I have also EV trained his special defense (but not fully - but still very high) I have however fully EV'ed his HP.
Now every pokemon that uses Ice beam against my Dragonite will always KO it - and nearly all of them (if not all) have a much lower max special attack then a Milotic.

Basically my Milotic has maxed out special attack but cannot kill Palmer's Drgonite with 1 shot from her Ice beam but yet my very tough speical defended Dragonite always dies to any ice beam attack even from those much weaker then my own Milotic.

My team are as follows:

Metagross with Naughty nature (I bred 15 Beldums but I still didn't get my Adamant nature so I just stuck with this)
Item: Wide lense (So meteor mash and hammer arm have 95% accuacey instead of 90%)
Moves:
Hammer arm,
Meteor mash,
Zen Headbut,
Bullet punch.

EV:
Attack = full,
Special defense = some,
HP = some,
Speed = some.

Description: He does wounders, he really, really does - he could probably do even better with an adamant nature.
This pokemon will never be removed from my battle tower line up or my lineup in general - he's just so great. :)

Milotic with something nature (I haven't checked it but I think it lowers her defense)
Item: Leftovers (Gets even better when combined with aqura ring)
Moves:
Surf, (was hydro pump but discarded it as, well IT WILL JUST ABOUT ALWAYS MISS WHEN USED INT HE BATTLE TOWER - no really it does - I once counted out of 15 used Hydro pumps, over 2 hit, now to me that's terrible and a good enough reason to scrap it)
Ice beam,
Dragon pulse,
Aqura ring (great used with leftovers)

EV:
Special attack = full
HP = high
speed = low

Description: Shes good and does occasinally get me out of jams. I haven't experimented with her alot yet since I swaped Hydro pump with Surf which I did today but I'm sure she is good enough for me to not take her out of the line up. As for beating Palmer, although his Milotic is better then mine in all aspects - mine yet has always won when its down to his vs my Milotic. I have came down to this twise now and won both times (just a pitty that stupid Dragonite of his survived my Ice beam, if it didn't then I would have beat him)

Dragonite with gentle nature (I was looking for a pokemon I had in my boxes that could use a varioty of moves and have little weaknesses and found him - I started training him up without once checking on his nature)
Item: Still working this out but I'm now trying a ...um....Lum berry? The one that recovers your pokemon from ANY status problem (This is my way to counter that evil Millotic's hypnosis as relying on it missing has real no hope)

Moves:
Aqura tail,
Thunder bolt,
Flame thrower,
Ice beam,

EV:
Special defense = average to high,
Special attack = max,
HP = average to low.

Description: I probably should have bred it to get something that boost his special attack. He's new so I can't really say anything. In the battle tower I only used him on Palmer's Milotic..........sadly he slept to death the very moment he appeared on the pitch - curse of the Milotic I say, that hypnosis is really unfair. Hopefully the new Lum berry I have given my Dragonite will ensure that I get the last laughs.

Affirmative

STOP RESETTIN'!
I owned Palmer last night with Starmie, Magnezone, and Gallade.
Even though Gallade didn't exactly participate...
Then I lost at the 28th Challenger XP

Last edited:
Beat him again yesterday. My Suicune killed both Rhyperior and Dragonite after my Garchomp got Ice Beamed by Rhyperior, then against Milotic the match went into a colossal stall war where I drained Milotic of all its PP.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The latest highly unfair thing that I've worked out is that their pokemon don't just have chance enhancments but power enhancements aswell.
Let me explain,
My Milotic has a nature that boosts special attack (obviouasly as its a Milotic) also I have maxed EV trained its special attack furthur. However, a single ice beam from my Milotic CANNOT kill Palmer's Dragonite outright with a single hit, its always left in red HP.

Now then, my Dragonite has a gentle nature which boosts his special defense, I have also EV trained his special defense (but not fully - but still very high) I have however fully EV'ed his HP.
Now every pokemon that uses Ice beam against my Dragonite will always KO it - and nearly all of them (if not all) have a much lower max special attack then a Milotic.

Basically my Milotic has maxed out special attack but cannot kill Palmer's Drgonite with 1 shot from her Ice beam but yet my very tough speical defended Dragonite always dies to any ice beam attack even from those much weaker then my own Milotic.

That happened when I pitted my Masquerain against his Dragonite. I blamed it on Masquerain's lack of STAB and inferior Sp. Atk compared to most authentic Water-types. (However, its Sp. Atk is a nearly-perfect 283. It has no problem dispatching Garchomps, Rayquazas, and Dragonites online.)

My guess is that Palmer's Dragonite has a Nature that boosts Sp. Def and has maximum IVs and EVs for it. It puts it at well over 300. Also, attacks don't do the same damage, even when it's the same Pokémon firing it and the same Pokémon getting hit. It may be that the game DOES rig it so that Ice Beam would always do the minimum possible damage, what with such high numbers involved can decide a match.

Affirmative

STOP RESETTIN'!
Top Pokemon for those who haven't beaten Palmer

21st Trainer:
Starmie@Wise Glasses
Surf
T-Bolt/Thunder
Ice Beam
Psychic

49th Trainer:
Gallade@Scope Lens
Psycho Cut
Night Slash
Stone Edge
Close Combat

Last edited:
i almost got to him. this kid took my ds and started playing when i told him not too i was in the battle right before him and i clicked rest xuz i had to go to bed. l8er the next day he did all that... i was mad!

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
almost but i got beaten on the 14th challenger :-{

Shy Guy

on battle 34 i met a a gliscor who does a 1-hit KO move

i beat him with my salamence

i beat palmer 2 times

1st
garchomp vs. draagonite
dragon rush dragonite is dead
garchomp vs.milotic
garchomp used dragon rush missed
milotic killed garchomp
porygon-z was out
milotic used dragon pulse
Porygon-Z used T-Bolt
milotic half HP
milotic killed porygon-z
roserade was out
petal dance killed milotic and rhyperior

Charaligatr

The Secret Rascal
I didn't really have that much trouble with him for the first time. Feraligatr took out Dragonite with an ice punch and got Rhyperior down to like one hp before being thunderbolted. Torterra then finished him off and took milotic down to half before being put to sleep. Took one hydro pump and nearly died. But the next one missed and I woke up and razor leafed it. Hydor pump missed again and it was toast.

Then I lost it on the 23rd person. They had a party that was almost the same as mine and it came down to his feraligatr vs my Charizard. Wish I'd taught it an elecrtic move.

SkinnySweatyMan

I have beaten him. The first time it was Easy. I lead with Floatzel and it took two Ice Fangs to KO Dragonite. Then he sent out Rhyperior, which just took one Surf to KO. I Crunched his Milotic a few times before Floatzel fainted, then it took one Thunderbolt from Magnezone to KO it. However, the second time I faced him, I only got one Crunch in on Milotic and Thunderbolt from Magnezone left it with literally a sliver of HP, which triggered its berry, which made it faster than my Infernape and Hydro Pump OKO'ed it.

hello moto

Top of the morning
Palmer's first team should fear Starmie, dragonite faints with one ice beam, same for rhyperior and thunderbolt for milotic (maybe twice).

i always hated battle tower,from the 3rd gen, with my ev trained blaziken, milotic and latias, getting ko'ed by a heracross using megahorn with one Hp left (focus band, miraculasiouly) worked 3 times in a row), yeah i thought it was a hax. Well anyways i beat palmer on my first try obviously with my Starmie, i am planning to beat his 2nd team soon.

(has anyone noticed, that trophie you get after beating palmer's 1st team is so ugly for an accessory, uggghh. the chikorita doll beats it though)

Status
Not open for further replies.