• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever accidentally destroyed any of your Nintendo games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
My DS lite's top screen is coming off. Luckily I recently bought a 3DS.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I've dropped my 3DS god knows how many times and it's got like 1 or 2 scratches on it. It works perfectly. I'm very happy with it :c

Kibagos

FairyDragon Queen~
No. I have never destroyed one. I have dropped my DS many times but it dosen't have any big scratches.

Zekrom77

Light the Way
well, my brother tried to pry apart Pokemon Red with a screwdriver a few months ago. and he's 15 haha. I saved Pokemon Red, though.

Mighty Arceus493

Relentless.
I've dropped my:

DS Lite-So many times that the L and R buttons barely work anymore...

DSi-Only three times. The center of my touch screen is screwed up

3DS-Twice, once due to using my old DS case for the first time and when I opened it, the 3DS fell out.

No scratches on any of my DS's though, and I could get them repaired if I wanted to but I can't bother.

Nebbio

NINJA!
My original DS "slipped" out of my hands once and broke a hinge.

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
My DS Phat, bought in 2005, broke last year (hinge split). Well not really, it still works, but it annoys me because I'm such a perfectionist. Besides, it was all my dogs' fault! See, I had it plugged into the wall to charge, and set it up on the table. My dogs then decided "Hey! Let's roughhouse near that silly cord!"

...You can probably guess what happened next. I was extremely lucky, because SoulSilver escaped the incident unscathed.

Before that, my DS Phat had no scratches on it, despite five years of playing. I could have posted it on eBay as "brand new" and the receiver wouldn't have noticed.

My frontlit GBA SP has taken massive punishment in the eight years I've had it, and there are scratches to prove it, but it still works like a charm. The screen's totally intact, the hardware's still free of damage, but the chassis is so banged up you'd think it could never work again. Alas, I still use it for my addiction to Metroid: Zero Mission.

I also have a regular GBA, a GBA Micro, a GBC, and a GB Model 01. All of them still work perfectly (except the Micro, which has a faulty L Button) and I could market them as "brand new" (the GB has my grandpa's name written on it, but that's fixable).

A few months ago, my cousin took a hammer to my GameCube and threw it against a brick wall. The other day, I beat Metroid: Zero Mission with it (using the GB Player). No scratches, and it works just fine.

In terms of games, I've witnessed the corruption of numerous saves, but the only one which I'm directly responsible for is my old Sapphire version, which I messed up with an AR.

My old copy of Zero Mission was constantly corrupted, periodically wiping the game completely, because of my stepbrother.

My old Silver version's save battery bit the dust back in 2007 (shortly after I rediscovered it after it went missing for about four years), but that happens to everyone. My Crystal's still intact, though.

Aside from those, all of my games are squeaky clean... I take enormous care of my electronics.

Chris

Old Coot
ITT: People with butterfingers.

Yeesh. I am never letting any of you touch any of my stuff.

Thriller

Its almost time
- Have had a Game Boy destroyed after I tossed it into the air in shock when my mom placed an annul lizard on it.

- Had three SNES games destroyed as punishment for misbehaving at school.

- I personally destroyed my Links Awakening cart after I glitched it out beyond playability.

I just remembered putting my head through an old grey brick gameboy in a fit of rage. I was 7 years old then.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
- Have had a Game Boy destroyed after I tossed it into the air in shock when my mom placed an annul lizard on it.

- Had three SNES games destroyed as punishment for misbehaving at school.

...What kind of parents do you have, anyway? They do know they bought those SNES games with their money, don't they (if they did)?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Not a game, but I accidentally dropped my first GBA:SP and the screen got all ****ed up.

Thriller

Its almost time
...What kind of parents do you have, anyway? They do know they bought those SNES games with their money, don't they (if they did)?

Heh, I got a lot of F's in elementary school :p They blamed my video game addiction.

The thing is, I replaced the three destroyed SNES games over the years.

Matrixbeast

GODLIKE-NESS
My fat DS has a broken hinge.
Weird thing is, I've never dropped it. /Glares at rest of family
But it's fine. I've had it since Christmas of '05 and it's served me very well.
It did start to break some more after traveling with it (And I put it in a bag instead of my pocket) though.

Thriller

Its almost time
I've heard a LOT of stories about broken DS 1.0 hinges... I have to wonder how the things still work after that.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
I have an original DS with a broken hinge, half of the screen comes off completely.
The top screen worked with it like that for a little while, not it just flickers.

MM13

Seestra
My soul silver went through the washing machine once but luckily it was fine. I didn't even lost my save file :eek: haha.

And my dog chewed on my pearl version so I had to throw it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.