• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever broken your Nintendo game/console?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I am generally very careful with consoles and games. Although I have to admit, my brother and I seem to have a curse on Nunchuks and Wii remotes. I don't know how many of these we bought but we bought a good amount. And still up to this day, we nearly always play Wii games that don't require the Nunchuk. Good thing is though, my brother recently found a combination of a Nunchuk and a remote that still works fine, and we used it to play Mario Galaxy.

What motivated me to buy a 3DS was that my precious DS Lite has this laggy upper screen. Depending on what angle the upper screen is adjusted, the picture glitches and whites out. It doesn't affect the game itself, it just makes a 2-screens game (basically any DS game) harder to play if you don't adjust it right. It was really tolerable, but it was a motivational factor to my 3DS purchase, as I was very loyal to my DS Lite. My DS Lite now has the purpose to read GameBoy Advance games on the lower screen and I still use it quite often to this day. Oh, also, the A button on my DS Lite is mashed, which is quite annoying and also motivated me to buy a 3DS. Worth it.

The Master Chief

Many years ago, I had a NGC and for whatever reason it couldn't read the discs, or would freeze shortly after loading a game. I had a DS Lite (good times) that I would constantly drop and ended up damaging both screens, the hinges, and L/R buttons.

A friend of mine had closed their DS Lite, opened it, and saw there was a huge crack out of nowhere lol.

Feline

Why?
I forgot if it was the L button or the R button, but one of those buttons stopped working on my GBASP. :(

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I broke the screen hinge from my DS lite. I can still play on it but I realized that sometimes the sound comes out funny. Those L/R buttons not working much anymore really annoys me too, I'm always trying not to use them too much or press on them too hard on my 3DS. Oh, and the B button on my 3DS is kinda losing it too lol. Strange that the buttons of my GBA SP still generally work fine though.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Got another story besides the one I posted. Happened on the day of Tri-Force Demo play time.

Was playing the Demo of Tri-Force Heroes. We were at the Boss and just then my Circle Pad finally decided it had enough Smash Brothers and what not and just... let go. I have fixed it already, but I hope it does not happen again. It was still very much playable, but a minor discomfort for my thumb.

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
My copies of Super Mario Galaxy (One and two) were both rendered unplayable due to scratches.

But DS games can survive anything, I had one run over and another chewed up by my dog and they still work fine.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
Let's see, my DS Lite had some problems with the L and R buttons, before the hinge started to crack, exposing the wires inside. It still worked fine, until the entire top screen became separated from the rest of the system. I had to borrow my younger sister's DSi until I got the 3DS, which thankfully, wasn't long since it broke a month or two before BW were released.

And, the L button on my 3DS has been acting weird lately since I've been noticing grabs in SSB4 occuring later than I expected, or not happening at all. KI:U occasionally fails to register the L button too when I'm shooting.

Aside from those examples, nothing comes to mind as I'm pretty careful with my stuff.

Sprinter1988

Nope. I have had an X Box die on me and two X Box 360's dos the same. Meanwhile my brother had two original playstations, three playstation twos, a PS3 and a PSP die on him.

Meanwhile there are two Gameboy colours, a SNES, a two N64's, a GBA, a GBA SP, two DS's, a Wii, a DS lite, two 3DS's and a Wii U all knocking around that all work just fine. The only problems I have is that the old cartridge games and memory cards don't like keeping their saved data anymore.

Archsage

Shiny Hunting!
Nah, I'm super careful with my systems. My old Gameboy SP is still in mint condition and all of the games, even my old Yellow and Gold, work perfectly. My sisters both broke their DS's by snapping the hinge off, though. My 3DS and Wii are still going strong.

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
so last friday I discovered one of my nunchucks is malfunctioning I have to hold my wiimote and nunchuck in a certain position otherwise it won't work and shaking my wiimote makes the nunchuck stop work until I hold the wiimote and nunchuck in the right position again

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Sadly, I have.

My Pokemon Colosseum disc will play fine through the story but will become unreadable halfway through the credits making it impossible to enjoy the small amount of post game content.

B€ntley

Roll the Ice Dice
I had two DS Lites broken in the same fashion by just carrying them around in my bag. In my opinion those are among the most fragile models Nintendo ever produced, as they broke over nothing special.

If I remember correctly my brother once broke the bottom screen of his Nintendo DS (fat one) after a rather spectacular fall.

My original 3DS ended up having a 95% non-functional R button, a stick that just didn't work very well even when calibrated and a wildly unresponsive touch screen. I blame most of it on playing Smash a whole lot, though the touch screen I'd say is more due to excessive Pokémon Amie.

Gave me a perfect excuse to get the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate New 3DS XL, though the stylus was roughly made and has scratched the touch screen over time, had to polish the tip of the stylus to remove a little jutted out part that just damaged everything it touched.