• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever cried for Pokèmon anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemon fan 132

Im not really type of person which can easily cry,but i have to admit how some moments got me teary like, such as:

When Butterfree was released: It was sad to see Ash parting of with it after having it for so short and Butterfree finding his "love of life" and courage he demonstrated to be with her was admiring and touching to see. Whole goodbye scene was heart breaking in general.

When Arbok and Weezing departed with Team Rocket: They were TR signature pokemon back in day being like part of family. You can tell how much they were attached to Jessie and James having lot of loyalty to their trainers and having them leave after going through so much so much with their partners was very moving. Especially sad scene to which i didn't stayed indifferent was when TR was beat to death by Tyranitar to buy time for their pokemon to escape, and music which played was doleful.

Hopefully we will see them at least once more before anime ends.

When Misty released Togetic: somehow goodbye episodes always seem like saddest ones to me. Whether you liked Togepi or not it was hard to stay indifferent to departure with Misty and Togetic having to split up after so much time they spent together. Their relationship was like mother-son and Misty and baby pokemon clearly showed how attached they became to each other, with lot of care being put into his growth. Whole ending scene when trainer and her partner burst into tears was truly sad, and it showed growth in character coming to understand how regardless of how she may felt its for best to leave him to go with his friends protecting Mirage kingdom.

"Gotta Catch Ya Later"- probably one of most heart moving episodes which pokemon ever had. Whole episode was full of emotions and sad atmosphere which surrounded it, being sad to see Ash, Misty and Brock having to split up after so many adventures they spent together going through both bad and good times, becoming very close and attached to each other as friends. Most touching parts were when Misty was forced to leave her friends and go back to gym being on verge of tears and whole Goodbye song which started to play only added more to momentum. And when Ash burst out in tears when Misty and Brock left him really accented how much their friendship and everything they went through meant to him. I admit i got little teary in this episode.

Coincidentally this happened to be Misty last episode as main character too and it was disappointing to see such a great character leave, because she really knew how to add more life into cast and i felt she had potential to offer much more .

I wish she returns to cast for one more ride tying up loose ends and getting more development, but at this point its a pipe dream sadly.

Never

It's a children's show. And if you had bothered to keep watching to the end of DP you would have been glad to see brock leaving.

I watched whole DP and i wasn't glad when Brock left. He deserved better than what he got ending scrapped like garbage after so many years.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Pokemon the first movie. Ever time I watch it. It is the only movie to make me cry. Ever. I'm almost 19. Every time.

:'(

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
But of course, I am very emotional person when it comes to fiction.
I've cried watching the first movie (I was nine at the time), the Lucario/Mew movie and in the last D&P episode, when Pochama and Pikachu start crying together :'(

I'm a big crybaby, but I normally don't cry about fiction, but the Pokemon anime is an exception.
- Butterfree's goodbye, I'm a big fan of Butterfree, this is the ultimate tear-episode.
- Misty's departure in "Gotta Catch Ya Later": she had to leave her crush (Ash) and her other best friend (Brock) and had to postpone her dreams because her sisters forced her to become a Gym Leader against her will... Misty is my favourite character, there were two reasons to be sad about this: sadness about Misty leaving, and sadness about Misty's sisters ruining Misty's life.
- Togetic's departure. I'm a major fan of Togetic, and now that awesome cutie is gone forever...
- When DP was finished, without even a cameo for Misty: that was when I realized Misty will never appear again.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Yeah, I admit to crying. "Pikachu's Goodbye", "Bye-Bye, Butterfree", and "Gotta Catch Ya Later" got to me as a kid. Heck, even the movies are sad. I still feel tears at the end of the first movie, and I still feel really sad when Latios dies in the fifth movie. Pokémon may have its many flaws, but damn it all, they had great moments.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I'm not really as one to cry, but more choke up. I did lose a few tears at the end of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew though. Where I choked up (which I'll consider like crying just because it had an overpowering emotion) were:

-Pikachu's Goodbye (still to this day I can't watch this episode)
-Bye Bye Butterfree
-When Latios died
-Stopped in the Name of Love (I hate Piplup. I hate Dawn, but heck I choked up during their scene. XD)
-When Ash put his hand out for Chimchar back in DP (can't remember what epi)
-Pikachu vs. Latios
-Excadrill and Iris vs. the Dragon Buster (Right when Iris said something about that she'd no longer battle for Excadrill)
-Joltik, Galvantula and the Chargestone Cave (Don't ask, but I got teary-eyed at little Dwebble going against TRio)

That's all I can remember...I'm sure there's a lot more. XD

Even Victreebel! I'm a failure. :(

For Victreebel I cried happy tears. xD Didn't he like get married to that female Victreebel or something? XD Or did I miss something sad?

Last edited:

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Watched Pikachu's Vacation last night. When Charzard got stuck and started crying, I teared up a little bit.

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
Yes, I have.

I cried during Bye Bye Butterfree. When Ash released Butterfree, I started blubbering like a baby. My mom thought I was going crazy. I still watch that episode to this day and each time, I cry a little more.

Memories Are Made of Bliss. I was all emotional during the scene with Pikachu and Piplup crying. I honestly cannot stand Piplup but that scene always manages to make me cry.

Bluelatios*

Oh yeah, for sure. Aside from obvious tearjerkers like Bye bye Butterfree, Gotta catch ya later, etc, one of my recent tear shedding moments actually came from Pokemon 4ever. Not just the ending, mind you but the scene where Ash, Sammy, and Celebi were watching the Butterfree fly away in the morning sun. Its absolutely one of the most beautiful and precious moments in the anime! It got me to reflect on how much soul they put into the anime through those little moments where they would put aside all plot and just celebrate the magic and wonders of life. What happened to those times anyway?

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
^Ah, yes that is a beautiful moment. I wish they didn't change the way Butterfree evolved, though.

Bluelatios*

Oh yeah and for obvious reasons I have to list from movie 5;
Latios dying
There was a time when Pokemon anime wasn't so "10 year old-ish" and that was definitely one of them.

Last edited:

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Oh yes. Memories of a Bliss made me cry. When Piplup was hitting Pikachu, it reminded me of Clone Pikachu slapping Ash's Pikachu in the First Movie.

I remember that. T+T And I cried at movie 8 I think it was. Ash telling Pikachu "I love you." was way sadder then Movie 1 with Ash dying to me ^^;

Flame Mistress

No, the plots and character devolepments aren't deep enough for that, IMO.

...Okay, so I felt really sad in that scene from Movie 13 where Zorua begs Zoroark to wake up, but I didn't actually cry. I think that's the single saddest moment I have ever witnessed in the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.