• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever cried for Pokèmon anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamer Hamlet

Meta Game Trainer
Pokemon: The origin of Mewtwo was the only thing that had me close to making me cry, pretty sad it was cut out of the Pokemon The First Movie back in the 90's.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Oh yes.
- Pikachu's Goobye
- Bye Bye Butterfree
- First movie when Ash turned into stone
- Charizard's burning ambition

mcmillan716

Wow, I wasn't expecting so many people in this post :O
Anyway, I think I'm gonna rewatch all the episodes starting from the no.1 in order to see all this sad moments, which will remind me of my childhood ;)

HMSSparky

Team Rocket Trainee
Bye Bye Buttefree, it's the only TV episode I've cried at in a long time.

I could watch Pokemon to this day and still cry. The ones that really get me though are when Ash or one of the other characters has to say goodbye to their human in Pokemon friends. The moments that still get to me are when Piplup is upset over leaving and "Tears After the Cloudy Weather" plays, when Ash says goodbye to Brock, when Ash regrets that he traded Butterfree and that montage plays, when Butterfree leaves, Dustox leaving, Cacnea leaving and I am sure there are more.

Serperiority

Drummer Boy
I cried when ash was turned to stone and when ash was trying to feed dead celebi berries :(

Blessed

I'll admit, I cried when Misty was forced to leave. When Pidgeot & Butterfree left. And when Celebi died. Togetic's departure was very abrupt for me too.

I cried as soon as I saw what they did to Ash.

ArceusAlpha493

Benevolent Creator
I agree with some of the above and another that no one mentioned yet is on Pokemon movie 12 when Ash was begging for Arceus not to die while holding the Jewel of Life to him as he is slowly erased from existance. Also, it is the fact thatyou see Arceus slowly being drowned in Silver Water and dying a slow and painful way and saved in a knick of time by Damos just as the Original One's life was about to end.

Ver-mont

No, I'm afraid not. No. But it's not about Pokémon in particular, no anime has ever made me cry, even when I was a kid.

halloweenghost

a few times yes...not bawling or anything,..but getting teary eyes and a few tears slip down my cheeks. when ash first lost in the first indigo league, when he shook and tears rolled down his cheeks.. they did to me as well. back then i did not have a computer so I did not have spoilers... cried at other times too. and I was 19 when the first movie came out..... do we really need to ask why with that one? lol

Pokemon can be very emotional at times... tears of joy,..sadness... you name it. It can really get me,.. an almost 33 year old man. :p that should tell ya how good the writers are.

pikachu;s goodbye, bye bye butterfree, the episode when Brock and ash head back to Kanto after the sinnoh league piplup and pikachu crying gets me.. and the last shot of Dawn hugging Piplup as their ship heads out gets me...the music that plays at the end of the sinnoh league saga as Ash, alone with Pikachu come to the outskirts of Pallet town and they run towards town with the "next time, a new beggning" on the bottom of ther screen, that one was more a tears of joy and how proud i was of ash for his accomplishments.. ... ,

the movies get me as well...... Lucario's sacrifice and when the tree's defense system were swallowing them all up..they let their pokemon out of their pokeballs to free them as they were beign swallowed up was a sad moment.,... Latios dying,..

the episode in johto were misty wanted that marril but it was already owned by another,.. that one ended on a sad note............tons more moments... can you hear a ralts.. max getting sad at the sick ralts and when he cries and runs over to may gets me,... May crying losing her first grand Festival..

tons more to name...

Last edited:
-Ash trying to release Pikachu.
-Ash releasing Butterfree.
-The part where Ash turns to stone didn't make me cry, but when the Pokemon are fighting made me pretty sad.
-Celebi when she's all shriveled up and won't eat.
-James releasing Chimecho. (By this point, I knew James was never coming back for it, so I had to say goodbye to one of my favorite Pokemon on the show.)

halloweenghost

-Ash trying to release Pikachu.
-Ash releasing Butterfree.
-The part where Ash turns to stone didn't make me cry, but when the Pokemon are fighting made me pretty sad.
-Celebi when she's all shriveled up and won't eat.
-James releasing Chimecho. (By this point, I knew James was never coming back for it, so I had to say goodbye to one of my favorite Pokemon on the show.)

you are not thefirst to mention this but..

james will see Chimecho again... dunno why everyone says he released it.... it's just staying at his nanny and Pop Pop's. James just didn't have the time to wait for it to get better. he'll see it again. :)

you are not thefirst to mention this but..

james will see Chimecho again... dunno why everyone says he released it.... it's just staying at his nanny and Pop Pop's. James just didn't have the time to wait for it to get better. he'll see it again. :)

It's because whenever a character promises they will come back for their Pokemon, it usually means they aren't coming back for it. Especially with the change in Team Rocket in general. He wouldn't need to go back to it.

But I hope you're right, because I really loved Chimecho.

AirStar2

Movies count, right?
I hated Lucario and the Mystery of Mew for a long while because of how much it made me cry. (now it's my favorite movie!) I love Lucario, and his death (and the flashback of how Sir Aaron died) was too much for me.. x_x

The only reason I love Pokemon is because I cried at a movie. I may tear up a bit at Pokemon Heroes or a few anime episodes, but the only movie that made me actually cry was The Rise of Darkrai, I don't know why it was that one, and not any other movie, but because of that movie I am obsessed with Pokemon.

halloweenghost

It's because whenever a character promises they will come back for their Pokemon, it usually means they aren't coming back for it. Especially with the change in Team Rocket in general. He wouldn't need to go back to it.

But I hope you're right, because I really loved Chimecho.

I mean even if WE, never get to see it..surely sometime in James' life he'll return to his nanny and pop pop's place...

Status
Not open for further replies.