• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever cried for Pokèmon anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
All OS release episodes (except Primeape), and Gotta Catch Ya Later. Snow Way Out, too.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Ash turning to stone in the first movie. When Pikachu goes over to him and tries to shock him back to life I cry my eyes out every time

_Jordan_

"Tears for Fears" Chimchar crying :'( One of my favorite episodes.

And the last DP episode. I got teary eyed lol

There was also an episode where Dawn was sad. I think it was the episode Ash was dressed as a hostess/maid? lol

There's also Jessie releasing Dustox...and the older episodes most of you already know

Last edited:

grayfoxz

Not in the series as far as I can remember. But certainly in the first movie when ash turned to stone. Saw it like 3 weeks agao. still brought some tears to my eyes. :'(

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
Hmm, there are some moments that are truly sad (such as Ash turning to stone, Lucario dying), especially in the movies, which I haven't cried at. Not sure if it was because I was too young at the time or just wasn't that in to Pokémon, but I can understand why some people cried at them, and I might even if I watched them again.

I think the only time I've come close to crying (and I admit I think there were a few tears ;) ) was a couple of years ago when I was basically spending my summer nights watching all of the Johto episodes, as I always planned to watch the whole series of Pokémon (though I unfortunately stopped not long after starting Hoenn I think). Anyway, after getting through all the filler episodes and having watched the first five seasons, with all the characters really growing on me and all, Misty's goodbye has to be one of the saddest moments for me - and the song that plays with the flashbacks, cheesy as it might be, just kind of drives it home. So yeah, that was sad for me.

OrcaCity

Expert Killer Whale
I cried when I was really little and watched the first movie and saw Pikachu's clone slapping him.
I'm re-watching the anime right now and I'm on Johto, and the Johto Journeys opening made me so happy to the point where it me teary eyed (Nostalgia OVERLOAD oh God)

MattySadler

When the first Pokemon movie came out here in the UK, I think I'd have been about 9 at the time, but myself and the other children in the cinema watching were all in floods of tears, whilst my grandfather and mother were fast asleep haha. My eyes may or may not have watered when Butterfree left, otherwise I haven't cried.

Akuroma

The Doctor
When the clones were fighting with their original counterparts. The song, "Brother, my brother" kinda made that scene really intense and sad.

fireemblemfan4ever

FE Veteran (sort of)
The first movie...
The clones...
Pikachu choosing to take his clone's slaps rather than be aggressive...
Pikachu trying to shock Ash back to life...

Okay, so I didn't actually cry... but I was very close. :(
So sad. So much nostalgia. (Even though I'm only 16. :p But hey, I've been playing Pokemon since the GBA era... I know, I know, I know... That's not that long ago...)

I didn't watch the TV shows, so I can't say anything about those...

But those movies. Argh.

(Still... they're not as moving as Ghibli Studios' films... Those are so, so, so, so very sad...)

Come to think of it... I'd better watch Castle in the Sky again... and the Pokemon movie...
If only I had more time...

Grimer

Pokemon #088
The only time I've ever cried from a television show (including films) is the episode Goodbye Pikachu when I was in 3rd/4th Grade.

*~Silver*~

The first movie...
The clones...
Pikachu choosing to take his clone's slaps rather than be aggressive...
Pikachu trying to shock Ash back to life...

Okay, so I didn't actually cry... but I was very close. :(
So sad. So much nostalgia. (Even though I'm only 16. :p But hey, I've been playing Pokemon since the GBA era... I know, I know, I know... That's not that long ago...)

I didn't watch the TV shows, so I can't say anything about those...

But those movies. Argh.

(Still... they're not as moving as Ghibli Studios' films... Those are so, so, so, so very sad...)

Come to think of it... I'd better watch Castle in the Sky again... and the Pokemon movie...
If only I had more time...

Yeah that part in the first movie had me close to crying too.

Necro101

Never have, and never plan to. I have always seen it as fake people who are controlled by the writers that it will always be a happy ending and that the only goal is to entertain. When I saw sad moments, I just though of that and it never made me cry. But only one anime has mad me sad. That anime is FullMetal Alchemist. If you have never watched it, you are missing out. The reason that it made me sad and almost made me cry was the fact that every episode had a lifelesson and that it was relatable in real life situations. The fact that it was relatable and that the characters did not seem like characters but like real people helped make the episodes sadder or happier depending of the mood of it. This is why I found it so sad or really happy.

RAWK ON

Edit: it's Pokémon...

Last edited:

Cataquack Warrior

There are plenty of heart-wrenching moments in Pokemon, starting from the very first season with moments like Pikachu's Goodbye, going into the movies such as with Ash and Latios' deaths, and continuing into the present. I can't remember if I specifically cried at any of those points, since it's been a while. However, I was on the verge of breaking out into tears when Meloetta was forced to activate the mirror. The sight of that sweet, kind Pokemon I'd grown to love in terrible agony, on the verge of becoming no more than a disposable battery, broke my heart. To make matters worse, the awful trick Team Rocket played with Meloetta's song made a terrible dissonance between the harmonious song and the tragic events. If Meloetta had died in the climax, or if the effects were irreversible, I would have burst into tears with no end.

Status
Not open for further replies.