• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever Finished the game with only your starter

the master123

Ive Gotta bad feelin
I had a shot at trying with one pokemon but it turns out its alot harder then it looks.

stu770

Soul Trainer
I did it once with my chimchar on diamond but took me forever to do it lol

Odinsteed

Its very easy. I did it in pearl version.

espeon_155

Pokemon Prof.
I dont like training only one pokemon, it's kind of dumb because if it faints what then? I've never done it, I equally train.

Odinsteed

yeah. your right, but, it was still fun to do it lol. The point was to make that one Pokemon so strong it wouldn't faint. ;munchlax;

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
One time in pokemon red I tried once with my charmander. But that was because the game was in japanese and I have no idea how catch pokemon then. I failed needless to say :/

ResidentEcruteak

I have. And I think that training only one pokemon to beat the gyms and pkmn league is easier and faster than training whole team.

Some times I have beat the gyms and league with some pokemon that can be caught in early game, for example, I used only jigglypuff (and few HM slaves) in my gold version. I didn't even need to evolve it.

MonferNOES!

Welll first time blue, i only used my blastoise... dont remember if i won or just starter new game...

PsychicsRox

If you're planning to EV train your pokemon, NO its not! You'll end up with random EVs but if you're not, its possible and I've done it.

WhyteMage

i used to do this right up until early third gen. My Typhlosion, Blaziken and Swampert always got quite high throughout games, and THEN I trained other pokemon.
Strange I know.

razor fire

nope, but will try it on my newly buyed pearl.

Lemon-Lime

UH OH, SPAGHETTIOS
In all the games I've had, that's what I did the first time I played them. The second time I played through them, I built up a team.

Tri hawk

Say no to Poké-drugs
In every Pokemon game I get my hands on, my starter is the only thing I train until the elite four. If I can't beat the elite four alone, then I catch a couple kamikaze Graveler's on victory rode.

dkkev

I used to do it in blue with my Blastoise, i wasn't very smart back then. I also did it once with a Pidgeot on blue because i loved it so much.

Pretty much the same here. I did it on blue with Blastoise.... I was really dumb though back then, I didn't even know how to access the pokemon that were transferred to the PC, so I went through much of the game with the first five pokemon I caught, and my starter.
On my yellow version I beat the entire game with a Pidgeot because my pikachu was useless against the first gym leader.