• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have You Ever *GASP* Whited Out?

InfamousMrJ

Serebii'sGhostbuster
Alas, I have, but it was the Battle Tower. Outside of that, though, no.

Yes.

I think I was fighting a Milotic with a Sceptile (my strongest Pokemon, I never really used to shift my team).

It was basically a stall war with Ice beam and Hyper Potions.

I lost (DAMN YOUR CRITHAX!)

Shadow chaser

Holla Front!
When I was at the Elite4 on my FR, after I beat Lance, I went to battle against my Rival but I thought I was going to stop in front of him and there'll be a chance where I can save the game, but instead my character went talking to the rival and straight to battle. I lost and have to start over from Lance again(I saved b4 I battle Lance) and it took me another 3 tries to beat Lance! My Pkmn was pretty weak back then so it took me a LOT of Revives!!!

Yeah, I have. My rival beat me once on that road underneath the Bicycle Road.

Before I defeated the E4, it used to happen every now and then, especially when I was still learning about moves, or when I would get lost on a route.
It hasn't happened to me in a long time, though. :3

Though I've restarted my games several times since then, unless I'm in the Battle Tower (or whatever it may be), whiting out really isn't a problem for me.

Last edited:

Averyy

Ima firin' muh lazer
The first battle against my rival, instead of training my pokemon at least 1 level I just went straight at it... and lost.

Tmoulus

lost carpet
When I was rushing through the game on Sapphire and excessively got whited out at the 3rd gym. I did it in the end by using ALOT of soda pops that I never wanted to use beforehand. (I wanted to save them) I choose Treeko. :p

I've also whited out a couple of other times, like in the elite four in that same game.

mouldy.k

Pretty Much Awesome.
It used to happen to me all the time. Now, not so much. I have too many Revives to white out.

joker0187

my rolfcopter goes..
on dp elite four
i was not prepared to battle strong opponents
i was expecting an easier match just like firered and my old saphire

BunnieRabbot91

Live Without Warning
I used to white out a lot playing R/B/Y but in Fire Red, Emerald and Sapphire that only happens if I don't level up my Pokémon and just rush on ahead.

Crasher

I've whited out three times in FR:

Once when I tried to beat rival in Saffron (He was an easy beat in Lavender and wherever else he was, but now all his Pokemon were above me).

Twice when facing Sabrina (Both close matches, but I dunno where I can train)

1.000.000 especialy on Emerald.I was beaten by Wattson over than 30 times!
The pokemon to be blamed for this is....;278; Great weeknees on Shock Wave!