• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have You Ever *GASP* Whited Out?

JaimeGreenan

I fainted in Firered with the Team Rocket hideout. I beat Giovanni but this grunt killed me after him.

Rad3n

Banned
I haven't lost all my pokemon since second gen.

DarkDragon

Hasta pasta
I let myself get defeated in battle when I reset for shiny Lugia in XD. That way I can purify Lugia faster, and see if it's shiny.

cocoa_adele

not once =)
which is pretty good since i only travel with about 2 or 3 pokemon now; in an attmept to hatch a shiny wynaut

hiperjak

Yes... many times
In FireRed..

When i brought a lvl 3 Caterpie at the End of nugget bridge,

Got the Nugget

Fought and died to the Grunt..

and I repeated it..

I had 120+ nuggets... :D

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Um, quite often, really. Not fun, lemme tell you. You lose a lot of money. I was playing Fire Red yesterday, and ended up battling a trainer with a lv 55 Wartortle, and I only had a lv 25 Heracross and lv 15 Murkrow.

2PercentMiltank

.:tranquil dreamer:.
Oh yes, many times in the past. In my current journeys, I haven't whited out yet, but I'm waaaaaay at the beginning, so. D: But yes, especially when I was younger and playing my Silver Version. Mainly, it was due to stupid mistakes or my poor Pokemon simply not being tough enough.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Yeah, but I don't really remember when in my 3rd gen games. I barely do in Diamond, though.

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Yeah. In emerald i was in magma's hideout and i went through about 10-15 battles with a lv39 Swampert and a Lv. 41 Graveller. Both had less than 1/4 health and just a few pp left. I finnaly whited out when i recahed a wild pokemon 3 steps from an item...

Jurrit

<--Bends Your Spoons
The Second Rival battle in Emerald (after the first Gym) Can be a freaking pain..

If you only have your starter, your dead meat most of the times..
(That happend to me a few times xD)

Miss_Pocket_Monster

I can't lie. I once whited out in Emerald at the end of the E4. Drake was just too much because my Walrein was way underleveled at that point. I beat him the next time, though, and my Sceptile ate Wallace for breakfast after that.

The good news is, I haven't whited out since. ;254;

Raikou_fan

Of course! Everyone has whited out at some point or another. I haven't lately though. Last time was a while back while I was breeding. had some very low lvl (I think it was like lvl 2) pkmn with me and this guy I had gone past like a million times all of a sudden decided he wanted to battle....

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
well yeah, lots of times. But much more in Blue/Silver than in Emerald/Pearl. But the latest i fainted was in a wild battle in FireRed while looking for a Fearow. I had a Parasect lvl 30 against a Fearow lvl 52....... no chance at all.

Yes, lots of times. I usually save before hard battles (gym leaders etc.) so I can reset the game. I don't know what they were thinking when they programmed the game to take half of your money in R/S/E. FR/LG is much better for losing only a little and I should stop "cheating" in it.

EnteiFirecracker

Destiny Calls
Once every now and then, I do white out. Nothing that happens very often. Maybe about once in a two week period.