• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever got a game before the actual release ?

Has this happened to you ?

• Yes

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Have you ever got a game before the actual release date? Either it be a pre-launch party like all Pokemon or a rare occasion that you were shocked about that you actual got it before the launch day.This is actually what this thread is about.I was think that about this before posting this thread,and I decided this would be a great topic.I have actual have had this happen to me twice before and one time the register denied it because it was`nt actual released.The first time was when I bought Animal Crossing City Folk at my local Wal-Mart two days before and it shocked me to see that it actual went through.I tried to buy Wii Sports Resort with another Wii Motion Plus and a game guide for Super Mario Galaxy 2 once and the register did not accept this because that they were not out yet.The previous two things mentioned happened at totally different times.I pre-ordered Okamiden when it was coming out to the US this past spring,and I got the game 4 days early.So now I explained my story about,Now how about You ?

Surfing_Pikachu

Rakurai

My local import store regularly sells games two to three days before they're supposed to be released, so I get them early most of the time.

Meowth City

Staff member
Yep, I preordered Pokemon Diamond and was really surprised to get it and the free gift - a Dialga stylus - in the mail two days before the release date.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I got Pokemon Diamond the Friday before it came out in the US. You can imagine my surprise and excitement.

Accelgor

METAGROSS SMASH!
I preordered Pokemon White. Got it on 3.3.2011.

SilverSoulLugia

Don't suppose pre-ordering on Steam counts? Like, you download all the data for the game but you can't play it until the release date?

If so, Portal 2.
And totally worth it.

Lau

★ Go, Rai!! ★
No, never, I mostly buy pokémon games, and months apart of their release date.