• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever had a Pokémon disobey you?

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
It hit me! XD I remember when it happened and I didn't think it could hit me. (It may have been my ally, but I think it was my character.)

I don't think that can happen in any other Pokémon game.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Only instances of Pokémon disobeying me were from Pokémon that I traded over to Yellow and Alpha Sapphire (boxed the traded Pokémon in the later until I beat Roxanne). Increased Exp gain that traded Pokémon enjoy meant the ones that I traded over to Ultra Sun were pushing the cap for obedience before I cleared the Grand Trial that increases the obedience level limit.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Dankrai

i do'nt kid around
I had a delphox that wou'ldnt obey me once and used wrong attacks so I decided to teach him a "little lesson"

Dankrai

i do'nt kid around
I had a delphox that wou'ldnt obey me once and used wrong attacks so I decided to teach him a "little lesson"
I kept feding him bitter powders to make him felt sick, and also got a bred him to have loads of fenneki children. then I put him in a box with all those fenneki children and released them all to make him sad.
But. I released them in Snowy City, so I knew thos fenneki children would not survive....

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
But. I released them in Snowy City, so I knew thos fenneki children would not survive....

They'd just melt all the snow with their Fire attacks. ;)

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Same here!

I never use the in-game trade Pokémon. I think it's kind of cheating to use a Pokémon that isn't yours just one time, so I always scout for a win with my own team, even if it's the harder way.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I never use the in-game trade Pokémon. I think it's kind of cheating to use a Pokémon that isn't yours just one time, so I always scout for a win with my own team, even if it's the harder way.

I'm fine with using ingame trades. I used that Rocky to get a steelix which I took through most of Kanto

keepitsimple

site of lies
yes i remember that happening, not which pokemon though. probably ones from the trade NPCs

I kept feding him bitter powders to make him felt sick, and also got a bred him to have loads of fenneki children. then I put him in a box with all those fenneki children and released them all to make him sad.
...are you okay dude

Last edited:

Dankrai

i do'nt kid around
He makes posts like this all the time. Think he's just a weird troll
eh, i dont really "like" to troll or apprepriate the implecation

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Just remembered: I was once playing a demo of X at a convention. One of the demo 'mons was a level 100 (!) Groudon, obviously traded over from another game. I think it disobeyed me a few times due to its excessively high level for that point in the game (I think I was on the way to Cyllage City). Nowadays, I never use traded Pokémon, in-game or otherwise, during my 'serious' playthroughs.