• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever had them moments where it's like the game knows what your thinking?

ThisIsPatrick

Sorry for the LONG title but I couldnt think of a way to shorten it :p

Anyways on with the topic, have had those moments where the game knows what your thinking? For example your in the safari zone and you want to catch a Torkoal but the game is giving you everthing but.
Discuss it here.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Yes but it's purely the result of coincidence.

Old Lady Pokemon Trainer

Been hatching eggs for pokemon with the natures I want. And the games been giving with everyother natures but I ones I need. I so think that the game is messing with me. hehe

PsiOmega

An old soul
On Pokemon Red, I was looking for Electabuzz for my team. I was looking around, got the Thunder TM, found and caught Zapdos on my first try, and STILL NO ELECTABUZZ!!! Then, I finally found one. My Venusaur used Mega Drain... CRITICAL HIT. Took me another hour to find another one, which I managed to catch. Electabuzz ftw.

TheEliteEmpoleon

All those times when I get to choose "yes" or "no" and you have to choose yes to move on. I always try to say no, but it doesn't let me. :(

Honeyichigo

The manliest
My Ferrothorn against some NPC's Krookodile. It's spamming Earthquake, so I decide to switch to my Swanna. Krookodile uses Outrage on that turn even though Ferrothorn would've resisted it.

The computer cheats, seriously. :p

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I know there are some battles when I think "Okay that move is going to leave me paralysed/poisoned." And then my Pokémon gets paralysed or poisoned on that turn. It's like the game knows what I'm thinking and makes it come true to annoy me even more!

cantab

All just confirmation bias I think. On occasions when I've really thought the encounter rates listed on Bulbapedia and Serebii are wrong, and I've started counting, I've never turned up that they're wrong to a decent significance level. I have not yet tested the Battle Frontier or similar though.

That said, I've a feeling some games at least have the AI pick its move knowing what you've picked.

DarkCharizard2

Vae Victis
ALL.THE. TIME. It is quite annoying and somewhat creepy sometimes......

I have had a couple of times where, for example, I'll get into a vicious stalemate in the Battle Subway and the AI will keep using a NVE Earthquake or something on one of my Pokemon. I finally get tired of it and switch to a Flying type, and the opponent suddenly uses Stone Edge and OHKOs my switch-in. Stuff like that happens all the time.

Falconx03

Legendary
I spent 4-8 hours each day for around 6-7 days trying to find a Magnemite with a Metal Coat in HeartGold. I needed it to evolve my Scyther into Scizor and wanted Scizor before the Elite 4. I ran into at least 100 Magnemite but no Metal Coat. I had a Stantler with Frisk to know if one had the MC or not. But it took forever to get one but finally found one today.

That's not the worst of it though, Magnemite have a 20% chance of showing up(Route 38) and 5% chance of having Metal Coat. Snubbull have a 1% chance of showing up on that same route and I managed to run into Snubbull a good 50+ times, nearly half the amount of Magnemite I found. The game knew I wanted Metal Coat but didn't want me to have one.

lilpup7

MewFan
I hatched 230 eggs trying to get a Aron with sturdy and you know what 230 eggs had the Rock Head ability :mad:

Avizion

Aiming For The Top
Lately on my fix team run with one of my team members being a Shedinga I have been really surprised. If the game knows it can hit me, it will and if it can't it wont try to stupidly try and attack me with a non effective move at all. The DS Generation games are so much more fun playing when the trainers don't do stupid thing all the time.

ebevan91

I have had a couple of times where, for example, I'll get into a vicious stalemate in the Battle Subway and the AI will keep using a NVE Earthquake or something on one of my Pokemon. I finally get tired of it and switch to a Flying type, and the opponent suddenly uses Stone Edge and OHKOs my switch-in. Stuff like that happens all the time.

I hate when this happens.

Colosseum and XD DO know what you're thinking! The AI makes it's move after you do.

Yes, the Orre Colosseum opponents in Pokemon XD seem to know what I am thinking all the time. Combine that with hax against me and me rarely being lucky with hax, and it's horribly hard to win battles there. However, I only have to beat the Eldes round and I won all rounds on my most recent file. I almost won a few times, but my lack of luck screwed it up...

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Colosseum and XD DO know what you're thinking! The AI makes it's move after you do.

This, every time you try to heal your Pokemon's confusion status, they just use Confuse Ray on the same Pokemon again for example.