• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever had them moments where it's like the game knows what your thinking?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Yes, I have.
A few times too much, imo

Larry

All the time. I swear they can predict my switches and who I'm switching to sometimes.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Either that, or they are just extremely lucky

SuperEpicRock

Yeah, I had quite a few times where my pokemon had a status condition, so I used a full heal, and on the turn I used full heal, the opponent's pokemon used the status move again! It's probably just bad playing (move spamming) on the AI's part, but it is a little infuriating.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
SRing my event Mewtwo to be Timid. I got every nature except for that at least four times. Do you know what that means? There are sixteen natures. Fifteen of them four times each is sixty soft resets. It took more than one hundred fifty times in total, because some of them showed up more than that. Then, the next five Pokemon I caught were all Timid. I almost killed something.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
Oh yeah. Especially back in the old days, when I'd have out an absol or something, and I'd switch to a hariyama, and a gym leader would use psychic or something. Oh god, I hated those.

SkyGardevoir

Gone Mon. to Thurs.
Master's Battle in Battle Revolution.
I get that before the battle, they can see my Pokémon, but how, HOW do they know when and who I'll switch out?!

cantab

SRing my event Mewtwo to be Timid. I got every nature except for that at least four times. Do you know what that means? There are sixteen natures.
25, actually. But yeah, that's about 1 in 500 bad luck you had, ouch.

What sometimes depresses me about trying for rare stuff - be it just a low encounter rate Pokemon, or a specific nature, or even hitting delay on RNG manipulation - is that it doesn't matter how many times I fail, I can still expect to need just as many future attempts as I expected to need when I started.

paracelsus

I once threw ultra balls at a shiny weezing until it struggled itself to death (almost 100 of them)... most depressing moment of my life

Entreri10

In Black I've been trying to MM a charmander and I keep saying to myself " Hey the next one will be it" and the game laughs at my pathetic hope.

Chaos Wolf

The classic
Yeah, actually, I ran into that just the other day. Using "Sunbo" against Chuck's Poliwrath...

Sunbo, as the name suggests, Is a lvl 30 Sunkern (waiting until Ice Cave to evolve.)

While the odds of a Sunkern defeating an equal-leveled Poliwrath is about the same odds as a baby Sea turtle killing an Elephant, I decided to try and Sunny Day to use Solarbeam on it. and I swear, every time I went for a Hypnosis, or Sunnyday, or eventually just tried Solarbeaming him naturally, He called a Focus Punch.

Oddly enough, Razor leaf did the trick and one-shotted him if I recall.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Game Freak in Castelia City...
His Pokemon always endure a KO hit without a move or item, AND then they use that berry to power up and sweep.

THE GAME KNOWS I SHOULD HAVE KO THEM!

Indigoodra

Well, when I have my iPod on shuffle, the song I think about frequently comes on next. :/

But nothing like that has ever happened in Pokemon. -__-

Nyter

Island Challenger
I just battled... I forget his name, The Elite 4 guy that looks like Chris Brown with MC Hammer pants...
anyways it was my Salamence vs his Breloom and I Fire Fang 4x and all miss while his Breloom Sky Uppercuts and the fourth one is a crit.
I'm like "You knew My Fire Fang would pwn you so you gonna T-Pain me like that?"

cobaltempoleon7

In pretty much every battle facility, I get major hax on my side for the first easy battles, spamming crits and freeze hax everywhere... but then when there is actually a chance of me losing the tables completely turn. MY GAME IS TAUNTING ME