• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever hated a character or pokemon because of their fans?

Dawn and Piplup

Piplup+Pikachu Fan
It used to be like that for me. I USED to (not still do) hate Misty because some her fans were really annoying and kept bashing the other characters and saying how the new series is rubish.

What about you? Have you ever (even if you don't now) hated a pokemon/ pokemon character because of their fans or not liked a certain character's fans?
Remember, no getting angry because everyone is entitled to their opinion!

Whiskas

Cat Food
Nope. But I guess I hate how everyone dislikes Glameow. Atleast most of the people.

KingWiggins

Remember, no getting angry because everyone is entitled to their opinion!
lol, You must be new here?
Considering I was basically 8 when Ash, Misty, and Brock came out and had adventures, I had no clue about the outside world and pokemon fans except for little children at my elementary school :L

Also, just saying now, Gary was a boss.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsiOmega

An old soul
I still despise Drew. It was even worse when they brought Trip in- it was like a cross between Drew and Paul.

I HATE HARLEY! IS HE A PEDOPHILE, OR WHAT? And I agree with you about Trip: He's like Drew, Paul, and Barry rolled into one. (Barry included because Trip sounded so much like him in his flashbacks with Alder.)

Pokemonpal7

Jungle Ninja
I HATE HARLEY! IS HE A PEDOPHILE, OR WHAT? And I agree with you about Trip: He's like Drew, Paul, and Barry rolled into one. (Barry included because Trip sounded so much like him in his flashbacks with Alder.)

How could I forget Harley? Basically May's rivals were all idiots, except Solidad. Although, I don't remember her too well.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
The sole reason I hate Pikachu is that I have to see his not-fat-anymore face on almost anything Pokemon related. It really, really annoys me. Pikachu was cool when they were still fat, though.

Grei

not the color
I used to really hate Charizard and Mewtwo. Now I like Charizard and am OK with Mewtwo, but their popularity bugged me.

PsiOmega

An old soul
How could I forget Harley? Basically May's rivals were all idiots, except Solidad. Although, I don't remember her too well.

I don't get Solidad. She appears for what, 2 whole episodes, and she's a rival? This is why I never included her among the other rivals. She didn't even do anything.
And then there's Dawn. In her debut episode, she packs some very un-10-year-old like things in her bag, and it goes downhill from there, with her squeaky repetitive voice, and her messed up sense of fasion. She has so many rivals I don't even know the names of all of them. She is the only reason I hate D/P.

Kim62

Hello
Volkner and N. Fan girls ruin everything. Not that I liked them before or anything it's just that before the fan girls I didn't dislike them as much as I do now. They talk about how these characters are such well written characters (least in N's case) but they're just fan girl bait, something they can drool over while they battle. I wouldn't even get so mad but they are so typical of a girl's fantasy guy and are such terrible people, it really makes it difficult to stand it.
Volkner's just a jerk who's too bored to care about the people around him and N's just a boring guy who's too much of a jerk to care about the people around him. And don't tell me that N was just misguided. The guy was working for a group that wanted to separate Pokemon from people and yet used Pokemon to achieve their goals. Seriously, he's either a moron, a hypocrite or insane. Or a combination of those things.

The sole reason I hate Pikachu is that I have to see his not-fat-anymore face on almost anything Pokemon related. It really, really annoys me. Pikachu was cool when they were still fat, though.
Yes, totally agree.

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Misty.

I used to like Misty a ton, but now, like you stated earlier, all I pratically see on signatures is,

"Without Misty, the anime sucks" or "Sign this petition if you want Misty back! You better do it! You know you want too!"
Uhhh, no. I'm fine with her not being in the anime to be honest. They all have their flaws but they do have pros, but yes, not a fan of Misty

Skyhi101

Ash is too mainstream, i was rooting for Gary in the original series ;)

Pokemonpal7

Jungle Ninja
I don't get Solidad. She appears for what, 2 whole episodes, and she's a rival? This is why I never included her among the other rivals. She didn't even do anything.
And then there's Dawn. In her debut episode, she packs some very un-10-year-old like things in her bag, and it goes downhill from there, with her squeaky repetitive voice, and her messed up sense of fasion. She has so many rivals I don't even know the names of all of them. She is the only reason I hate D/P.

So that's why I don't remember her. And I don't particularly like Dawn either, but I warmed up to her when I got into cavalier shipping. Not hugely, but somewhat improved.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Any time I hear someone spaz over some new shipping pair, I generally dislike both characters a little more. Never been a fan of shipping.

Lickilicky.my.Skitty

Since Red & Blue!
The only character I've really hated from Pokemon is Cillian. I can't stand his puns. They're dry as week old bread. Hahaha!! I made a food pun. Aren't I clever!? But seriously though, I've always found something like-able in almost every character except for him. Sorry fans of Cillian, he's just not my cup of tea.

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
Misty.

I used to like Misty a ton, but now, like you stated earlier, all I pratically see on signatures is,

"Without Misty, the anime sucks" or "Sign this petition if you want Misty back! You better do it! You know you want too!"
Uhhh, no. I'm fine with her not being in the anime to be honest. They all have their flaws but they do have pros, but yes, not a fan of Misty

Although I've never seen that stuff in sigs, I have in posts. That said, I mostly agree with you. I dislike Misty, but I don't hate her. I guess you could say that I hate her fans.

Kim62

Hello
The only character I've really hated from Pokemon is Cillian. I can't stand his puns. They're dry as week old bread. Hahaha!! I made a food pun. Aren't I clever!? But seriously though, I've always found something like-able in almost every character except for him. Sorry fans of Cillian, he's just not my cup of tea.
Yeah. I'm not sure if you would call those puns though. To me, a pun is a clever play on words to make a joke out of a situation. Cilan just randomly starts comparing everything to food or cooking regardless of the situation.