• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever lost one of your Pokemon games?

How many Pokemon games have you lost?

• One

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • Two

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Three

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Four

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Five

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Six

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Seven

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Eight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nine or more

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I never lost a Pokemon game...

Votes: 26 27.7%

• Total voters

JStunn

Pokemon Master
Every Pokemon game I've ever had, I eventually ended up losing...about 7 games in all with my latest being SoulSilver (I didn't get Black nor White). So I officially do not have any Pokemon games right now. Have you ever lost a Pokemon game?

Grei

not the color
Yes. :( I lost my original Ruby and White versions, and both of which had a bunch of my favorites.

I ended up buying a second White version, and between my White and Black versions, I was able to re-train all of my original Pokemon. As for the Ruby version, my father found one in one of the cars that his dealership had to fix up and sell, so he gave it to me. (It didn't matter much, though, as I had already played a lot of Emerald.)

SecretCofagrigus

Music Lover
I never lost one. I nearly lost Soulsilver which had my lv. 100's in it. I traded Emerald for Ruby, but that wasn't losing. Was it?

Xman96

Fighting Leader
Yep, I've lost a couple, but not many now that I actaully think about it. At least I still have one from every region, so I can get all the starters I want.

Zachmac

I lost my platinum with two shinies on it....it was in my pocket one day, and later, I couldn't find it. D:

I lost my Emerald somewhere in this house though....

Dattebayo

Banned
I've lost both my Ruby and Emerald version.

Redphienix

41 Days of Black
Yay, as of post I'm the only to lose 9 or more xD

10 of which were red versions :p [I seemed to have a ton of those when they first came out, never had a blue xD]

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I lost my ruby version once. I found it again since then. That's all I've lost. My brother, on the other hand, lost his Diamond and Platinum, the latter of which he had a Shiny Gastly, his first shiny, caught days after I got a shiny gastly of my own.

Drummerdude

There have been times where I couldn't find one of my Pokemon games, but I always ended up finding them eventually. So no, I have never lost any of my games for good.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
I lost my Sapphire temporarily, because of its crashing destroyed all of my memories.

But I haven't lost any game cartridges. Renting is another story.

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
I lost my HG, and I bought a new one. I got very happy when I found it, after 3 months.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
The only one I've ever completely lost was my Gold Version. Thankfully I got Crystal version one Christmas. I did also lose Red, but I found out that it was just burried in my closet ^^;

Etrigan85

UU/NU Trainer
I lost my original Diamond version along with the ds and I was so annoyed with all my pokes that I had trained up and lost but instead I got a new version and I am much happier with with whats on that now

Alex048

Master of the Mind
I lost my Ruby 5 or 6 years back and only just found it a year or so ago. That thing stayed lost through 3 different movings/unpackings. I was ECSTATIC when I found it!

I lost one (a label-less LG with my first GBA) somehow. It might still be in my garage somewhere, but ever since the movers came with my family's stuff it disappeared. Been nearly 2 years now, and it's a shame since I think I started a new file after I bought it (it first had a completed file on it).

But I destroyed two others: a PAL emerald w/ dead battery which eventually started constantly crashing before I could save (right after I got the 8th badge so I never got to E4). No big loss as my DS & GC games are NTSC (I already corrupted my original file w/o thinking), and I couldn't grow berries. Then there's Platinum which I got new. I can't even remember what was going on in the BF, just that I had enough and yanked it out with the power still on... FMS. D: