• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever mistaken a characters gender?

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
Once I mistook Cheryll for a boy. Anyone else had those moments?

auteur

Fossil freak
I wasn't sure about Bugsy's gender at first. And I also thought that Tate & Liza were both girls.

Mienfoo

Martial Arts Pokémon
At first I thought that Colress was a girl, but I wasn't watching the trailer properly that time. (I also thought that Colress was going to replace Professor Juniper as well.) I also thought that Tate was a girl until I watched the anime.

Spudnugget1

who wants to sing
I always thought Liza & Tate were identical twin sisters until the PWT came along and called Tate a guy. But I suppose it's only natural - I never watched much of the Advanced Anime, and their genders are never directly referenced in the Gen III dialogue.

Seriously. All they ever do in Gen III is laugh and talk about how awesome they are at reading minds. Considering the circumstance and their visual similarities, it's not hard to mistake them as the same.

Ditto B1tch

The only time this happened was with Tate & Liza, the twins of the seventh gym of Hoenn.

I thought they both were female, but actually they're a couple. Tate is male, and Liza female.

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
I remember thinking Tate and Liza were both girls. Aah the memories.

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
Silver, the rival in Gen 2.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Outside of Tate and Liza, i have never made this particular mistake in a pokemon game..,

Bluemiracle

Biologist
True. I remember confusing Tate and Liza's gender for a moment there

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Bugsy and Tate, yeah. I always mistook them for girls.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I only found out just now Liza and Tate aren't both girls due to this thread, even after seeing the episode with them in it long ago (I swear they both sounded like girls...) Time to rethink my childhood.

Also, Bugsy and Yellow

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Bugsy stumped a lot of us lol. When I first played Pokemon Silver I thought he was a girl for sure.