• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever mistaken a characters gender?

Hydreigon6507

Yes.

Bugsy as a girl, I was all "OMIGD someone put a shirt on that girl!" on this fanartt of him at the beach XD

Silver as a girl in Gen 2... COMON looks like he wore a cheerleader skirt, nya~

I almost died when I read "OMIGD someone put a shirt on that girl!". I thought he was a girl, too, until I had a call on the Pokegear stating that Bugsy was a boy. I also used to think Saturn was a girl, and so did an old friend of mine. When I called Saturn a he, she yelled (and I quote), "That chick is a dude?!". XD

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I also thought Bugsy was a girl. However they always make the bug type gym leaders/E4 members seem(how do I put this without offending anyone), happy?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I also thought Bugsy was a girl. However they always make the bug type gym leaders/E4 members seem(how do I put this without offending anyone), happy?

I believe the word you're looking for is flamboyant. Although I disagree that Aaron would be, he seems masculine enough.

Aquarelle

Staff member

Silver as a girl in Gen 2... COMON looks like he wore a cheerleader skirt, nya~
This is what I thought when I battled him for the first time on Gold.

Also, Tate, until I saw him on the anime.

Ditto B1tch

Unlike some members above, I didn't mistake Burgh's gender. Tate is the only one I really assumed that was a girl.

SuperPichu

Pokémon!
Am I the only one who didn't mistake Bugsy or Tate's gender? o_O
The only one I can think of is Harley from AG Anime. I think that was the only one I made a mistake on.

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I thought Bugsy was a girl up until a few years ago XD Gender confusion to the max.

Other than that, I can't think of anymore. I didn't get Tate and Liza mixed up for some reason-Oh WAIT! I thought Lorelei was a guy the first few times around

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I thought Liza was a guy before I heard of the name... :p

And about Bugsy, apparently, his gender was disputed in the start of Gen Ii :p

Missingno.Fan

I used to think that Roark was a girl. I also remember being confused by Bugsy, Burgh, and Cheren.

Last edited:

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
I used to think that Bugsy was a girl.
...Have you by any chance seen Chuggaconroy's Crystal walkthrough reaction to Bugsy? =P And if I recall correctly Gold hits on Bugsy in Special until Bugsy points out he's a dude. =P I never got any of the genders wrong, but Bugsy does look kinda feminine. =P

PsychicPsycho

The only one I've ever been confused is the Battle Dome Head, Tucker. He's basically dressed like a fairy (and I mean that literally, for those that haven't seen him).
I also used to think Saturn was a girl, and so did an old friend of mine. When I called Saturn a he, she yelled (and I quote), "That chick is a dude?!". XD
lol, I had no idea Saturn was a guy until I read this.