• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever mistaken a characters gender?

Hydreigon6507

Yes.

Bugsy as a girl, I was all "OMIGD someone put a shirt on that girl!" on this fanartt of him at the beach XD

Silver as a girl in Gen 2... COMON looks like he wore a cheerleader skirt, nya~

I almost died when I read "OMIGD someone put a shirt on that girl!". I thought he was a girl, too, until I had a call on the Pokegear stating that Bugsy was a boy. I also used to think Saturn was a girl, and so did an old friend of mine. When I called Saturn a he, she yelled (and I quote), "That chick is a dude?!". XD

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I also thought Bugsy was a girl. However they always make the bug type gym leaders/E4 members seem(how do I put this without offending anyone), happy?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I also thought Bugsy was a girl. However they always make the bug type gym leaders/E4 members seem(how do I put this without offending anyone), happy?

I believe the word you're looking for is flamboyant. Although I disagree that Aaron would be, he seems masculine enough.

Aquarelle

Staff member

Silver as a girl in Gen 2... COMON looks like he wore a cheerleader skirt, nya~
This is what I thought when I battled him for the first time on Gold.

Also, Tate, until I saw him on the anime.

Ditto B1tch

Unlike some members above, I didn't mistake Burgh's gender. Tate is the only one I really assumed that was a girl.

SuperPichu

Pokémon!
Am I the only one who didn't mistake Bugsy or Tate's gender? o_O
The only one I can think of is Harley from AG Anime. I think that was the only one I made a mistake on.

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I thought Bugsy was a girl up until a few years ago XD Gender confusion to the max.

Other than that, I can't think of anymore. I didn't get Tate and Liza mixed up for some reason-Oh WAIT! I thought Lorelei was a guy the first few times around

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I thought Liza was a guy before I heard of the name... :p

And about Bugsy, apparently, his gender was disputed in the start of Gen Ii :p

Missingno.Fan

I used to think that Roark was a girl. I also remember being confused by Bugsy, Burgh, and Cheren.

Last edited:

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
I used to think that Bugsy was a girl.
...Have you by any chance seen Chuggaconroy's Crystal walkthrough reaction to Bugsy? =P And if I recall correctly Gold hits on Bugsy in Special until Bugsy points out he's a dude. =P I never got any of the genders wrong, but Bugsy does look kinda feminine. =P

PsychicPsycho

The only one I've ever been confused is the Battle Dome Head, Tucker. He's basically dressed like a fairy (and I mean that literally, for those that haven't seen him).
I also used to think Saturn was a girl, and so did an old friend of mine. When I called Saturn a he, she yelled (and I quote), "That chick is a dude?!". XD
lol, I had no idea Saturn was a guy until I read this.