• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever not used a pokemon of a certain type in your teams?

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
I’ve used every type of Pokemon many times as I have played through the game in many different ways, be it normal playthroughs, nuzlocke, wonderlockes, building a team specifically around a type or theme etc.

However, my least used type would probably be either ground or rock. I don’t dislike these types however if I don’t get one early in the game I tend to just use other types and stick to a team I already made.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
However, my least used type would probably be either ground or rock. I don’t dislike these types however if I don’t get one early in the game I tend to just use other types and stick to a team I already made.

I usually just give one of my Pokémon Dig or Earthquake to deal with Fire, Poison and Electric types. My Meganium on SoulSilver has EQ.

Trillion

i have no psychic, water, or rock types on my sword team

and i didn't get a fire type until i got my charmander after i beat the league

this is the first time. on every other game i have at least one of each type

Leonhart

Imagineer
RoughCoronet0 said:

Rock is among my least used types as well, along with Poison, Bug, and Psychic. When it comes to Rock-types I dislike most of their designs, and I think that many of them are too slow and defense-based, which is a big turn off for me.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Have used all types at least one but there are a few types I rarely used:

Ice and Dragon: Usually comes too late into the game with Ice having a fair amount of weakness.

Bug: Most tend to be weak, the only Bug-types that stuck with me till the end were Galvantula, Volcarona and Centiskorch.

Rock: Tend to be a bit of the slow side, I pretty much just stick Rock moves on my Ground types.

Ghost: Most of the Pokemon I use tend to get Dark moves as coverage meaning Ghost-types are not necessary.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
I’ve used every type at some point or another. I’d have to say Normal is among my least used. I think Sawsbuck may have been the first Normal type I’ve used outside of an HM slave and actually completed a game with, back in B2W2.

Besides that, Bug and Poison would probably be the others due to either not being aesthetically pleasing as most types, imo, or stat wise.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I've used every type except ghost, I've never been able to master them. I rarely use bug, rock, poison, or steel, but some have been useful like golem and magneton.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Not only have I used every type more times than I can count, I built monotype teams for every type in Gen 6, with Bug, Steel, Water, and Psychic being my personal favorites.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i dont use electric types often, same for rock types. ive used and liked Corsola and Aggron in the past and the only electric type i really liked was Minun. ive used many varied types but they werent always the best tiered in stats and not entirely competitively viable.