• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever posed as the opposite sex online?

Have you ever posed as the opposite gender online?

• Yes, I'm male and have posed as a girl.

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • Yes, I'm female and have posed as a guy.

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • No, I'm male and have never done this.

Votes: 58 51.8%
  • No, I'm female and have never done this.

Votes: 20 17.9%

• Total voters

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Simple question, coming from the old joke that every hot girl on the Internet is really a creepy 40 year old dude. Also from stories of girls posing as male to avoid "tits or gtfo" type comments from everyone.

So! Have you ever pretended to be the opposite sex online? In an MMO, on a social network, perhaps on this very forum? I don't mean doing it as a joke or playing as a opposite-sex character in an online game. I mean really pretending you were someone else.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Would pretending to be my brother on his account count?

Judging by how I write out my replies and how I draw, I'd say I'd have a difficult time to convince someone I was a guy. Then again, I HAVE had people mistake me for a boy on here a few times... it's a bit weird.

Vernikova

Champion
Yes I have.

On another Pokémon forum my younger brother made an account and posted a little before forgetting about it. Like, a year later or something he tried to register on it again and found how he already had an account. I vaguely remember the reason after thinking about it for a while. The reason was because something on the site caught my eye though I don't remember what exactly it was that caught my eye (perhaps an interesting thread or something). He was thirteen at the time, so I just bought the account off of him for twenty dollars (because that's A LOT of money when you're thirteen it seems). He had the profile set to 'Male' so I just kept it that way.

I noticed I was less popular when I was posing as a guy and being. Not many people talked to me and stuff. After a year or so of posing, I revealed I was a girl and was a total ***** to everyone (not a funny troll but a total "Mean Girls"-like *****) and became more well-liked. Go figure.

EDIT:

Would pretending to be my brother on his account count?

Such similar reasons.

Last edited:
I play on both sides of the gender line. Deal with it.

BlazingCold

Nope.

But those youtube videos are hilarious.

Fukubuchou

('ε') フーン
Yes but I haven't for a while. It was a common thing when I was trolling people but now i don't care to anymore.
On here though people think I'm a boy... I really don't understand why ^^;

Profesco

gone gently
Too much bother trying to masquerade as anyone else. I can barely manage just being me; why would I want to spend time trying to be additional people?

Too much bother trying to masquerade as anyone else. I can barely manage just being me; why would I want to spend time trying to be additional people?

Because it's fun to role-play. I thought you knew that.

tyranitar51

(Sorta) Back
I played my platinum game as a girl, and my leaf green game too, that about it
I'm male

Absol6028

What did you say...?
Sometimes when I play online games (like when I played Runescape and its private servers) I would get trolled for bein' one of the 'Good guys'. I've thought about doin' this but never got around to it...

I've seen people do it... It's actually quite funny xD