• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever quit Pokemon?

Rational Rayquaza

I have unfortunately. It was a few months after Black and White came out. I don't know what happened, it wasn't the new Pokemon designs I think it was age. I thought I was too old for Pokemon. I returned in early 2012. I had found friends at school and eventually, I got back into Pokemon.

Last edited:

Missingno.Fan

I kind of quit after Gen II. I seriously didn't know about Ruby and Sapphire until my brother showed me an article in a Nintendo Power magazine. I didn't get the games until they were out for about six months.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
After my pokemon platinum was stolen, I quit for a few weeks. But with HGSS, I got back into it.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
Sort of, although I am not sure losing interest is considered "quitting." I stopped some time after Emerald came out, and didn't care too much about it until after the release of D/P. By the time Platinum came out, I was really into it.

Scot_82

Shiny Hunter
I started with Red way back in the day. I played all the way up to Diamond and Pearl. Had a living pokedex of every available pokemon plus a bunch of shinys that I loved. I quit playing before Platinum came out in order to play WoW. Came back 3 years later after quitting WoW. Now working on recreating my living pokedex (currently 578/649) and getting some of my beloved shinys back.

TheGreatGigInTheSky

The Jimmy Rustler
I went into "hibernation" several times. It is usually after a game like Platinum, Black 2 or White 2, because I usually rely too much on my past game to help me out, and I never get around to trading. Then something else captures my interest and I go on a hiatus from Pokemon. Then a new game is announced and I return to prepare for the new game, as I am right now with X and Y.

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
I would say I lost interest a little after Gen IV came out. I was hanging out with a childhood friend who got me into more social things, so I left the games. But I came back sometime after Platinum was released.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I kinda quit Pokemon after Crystal. Up until then I had played and collected the cards, and watched the anime, along with the games. I had thought Pokemon was for kids and that I should listen to everyone else and quit Pokemon so, I had gotten into Yugioh so I quit collecting the cards and quit watching the anime. HBut I still played the games, and right around when Emerald came out I thought "You know what, F**k you guys, I'll go my own way, I don't care if I'm popular I'd rather live on my own then being with the kids who had the newest stuff."
I was a tad young if it sounds like that. But when I started playing Pokemon again people really didn't seem to care. There were the few who thought I should grow up but I didn't care. and then when I went into High School as a Freshman (I'm a senior now) I found quite a few people that played Pokemon and stuff like that. (Magic, Yugioh, watched anime, read manga. and we became really good friends.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I can't say I've ever really quit. I've always had some kind of Pokemon game since I was young, I've gotten all of the newest Pokemon games on release day since Gen 4, and the longest I think I've ever gone without playing would be about five months.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I have never quit. I take some breaks between games though

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Once I lost my FireRed, I stopped playing. (Mainly because I COULDN'T play.) Ever since then, I fall in and out. After the game is out for a few months, I get bored of it, the new games are unveiled, I get those, repeat.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I haven't quit Pokémon at all, though there were times where I would not pick up a game or show interest for a few months whenever I finish the main story. But I've always returned, since Pokémon holds a special place in my heart. Even if I couldn't find new ways to play the games (I can't bring myself to start over a new file anyway), I've always drawn fan-art, so that helps keep me in touch with Pokémon. Same with this website, strange as it sounds.

I've been getting less and less active in playing Pokemon over the course of the last year or so, but I haven't officially quit yet. I might quit sometime in the near future, but I have a lot of fun playing with the people from my clan guild, so I'm staying with it for now.

Greekboy

The first time was in 2006-2008, when I first found out about and played Runescape heavily. After that, I became interested in the card game, but nothing more.

Stopped after mid-2009, and regained interest in 2010 with HG and SS. Never 'quit' since.

Shyy_Guii

Absol Fanatic
I played all the time when Diamond & Pearl came out, then I stopped. Now I wanna get back into it again :)

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
I had quit for about a year around the 4th gen time. When Black and White were released my sister got Black and I played it and it kind of rekindled my fire for the games and I have started back up into them since then.

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
I started playing pokemon since Red and I quit playing pokemon after Ruby.

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
I'm kind of less into it now.
I do play in moderation.
I guess I passed the obsession with Transformers taking it's place. I'm not too involved now. I really want to get white 2, but I really need to save my money for TFs.
Hard to tell at this point.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm not sure if I can call this "quitting" per say, but after I got bored of all the 1st and 2nd gen games, I did take a break until about Christmas 2003 or so, but I don't remember exactly how long that was. Aside from that, no, but after the mediocrity that was 5th gen, I'll consider it if the situation doesn't improve.