• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever quit Pokemon?

*~Silver*~

Over the past five years I've liked Pokemon... Nope...

I've thought a couple times that maybe I'm too old for the show, but that's not really something that bothers me. If I like something that's that, and what other people say just doesn't stop that. It gets on my nerves, but it doesn't make me start disliking something.
Besides, I've talked to people on this site who are probably WAY older than me and still watch the show, so you know what! xD

As for the games, I've never had even a thought of just not playing them. The longest "hibernation" I've had were a few 1 or maybe 2 month long ones, but then I'd be reminded of some Pokemon I really liked in one way or another, and end up playing again.

JaviKoopa

i had to quit when i traded my pokemon games in order to buy a 3DS i traded diamond, heartgold, and white (wich were a good deal, i got 20+ bucks for each one if i recall correctly, this was back when black/white 2 weren't announced) but i regret it i mean back on diamond i got hooked with trading online, i almost completed the pokedex, i was still missing like 20 pokemon or so, i traded those pokemon to heartgold and then to white and now they are all gone :( but getting a 3DS was worth it. I will get back into pokemon when X and Y come out so i can start all over again :)

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
yeah like 5-6 years. After playing Silver on japanese i stopped. It was after beating Whitney. I couldnt understand a thing xD

Then played SoulSilver atter all those years. Thats why Lyra is very special to me <3 nya~

halloweenghost

Nope been a fan since 1998 at the age of 18, been going ever since... sometimes i get a little burn out and take a break from the game,..but i still watch the show every week and come to the serebii forums often.

Ditto B1tch

I have already quit the anime, and it took me some time until back to Pokemon. Since I was introduced to Pokemon rpg games, I never quited Pokemon.

Last edited:

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
I had a ten year absence from Pokemon from 2002 to last summer.

I grew up in a small neighbourhood where everyone was into Pokemon at the time. But then in 2002 we moved to a new town and Pokemon just dropped out from my life, I guess it had a lot to do with me getting older and wanting to make new friends in a new enviroment where Pokemon wasn't exactly popular.

Then last summer I accidentally stumbled upon my old GBC and Pokemon Crystal. I decided to see what the game was like for nostalgia sake and it got me hooked into Pokemon all over again.

Unredemption

I started in 2000 or so... I've taken short breaks here and there, and didn't really play Generation IV seriously. I don't think I've ever "quit" Pokemon though, I've played through every game (at least one of each pair and remake) - just some not thoroughly.

ebevan91

I quit right before the DS came out. Didn't play a 4th gen game until I bought White at the same time in 2011.

Sketchie

literally some guy
I was never "in" when it came to the anime, but I first started Diamond (my first game- I know, I'm not as old as you guys) in August 2010. And since then... I rarely play anything else. I do have my burnouts here and there, but I'm usually back within a week or two.

ZombifiedHorror1031

I played all of the games until Crystal, which for years was my favorite game.

Once the craze died out, I quit for years. I missed Gen III and Gen IV until HGSS. A friend of mine got HeartGold and it revived my interest in the franchise. Well, that and I wanted to get the Mew distributed over wi-fi in 2010 (which I unfortunately did not manage to get).

During the years I did not buy new games, I would occasionally pick Crystal back up and play a bit. I suppose, in a way, I didn't legitimately "quit". I stopped following the franchise for numerous years, but I was still interested in playing the games I had.

I have since managed to acquire Ruby, Emerald, and Platinum from those generations, and have been playing them along with the newer games.

In regards to the anime, I haven't watched that since the episode where Charizard left Ash's team. It had nothing to do with the episode, I just never liked the show nearly as much.

Last edited:

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
i don't ever stop playing altogether. Sometimes I just put more time into other games.

iGotNoiPad

I quit when D/P came out but it was a rage quit since the games was for the DS which I had no money to buy.Got back to it during HG/SS when I finally got enough money to buy the DS.

elorasheppard

2005 to 2006 was my quitting time, Im not sure why.

Id played every game to 999:59 up to and including leaf green and for some reason got really bored of it and lumped it all in.

About six months after D/P came out, my sister came home from uni with pearl and convinced me to try it. The next day I went out and bought both diamond and ranger and havent stopped playing since.

OrcaCity

Expert Killer Whale
I never really quit Pokemon, but there was I time when I didn't really play it. It between the time Platinum had been out for a while and HGSS release. I just didn't care much. But then after BW2, I got right back into it in full steam.

elorasheppard

I never really quit Pokemon, but there was I time when I didn't really play it. It between the time Platinum had been out for a while and HGSS release. I just didn't care much. But then after BW2, I got right back into it in full steam.

Thats the funny thing isnt it? Even if you think youve given it up or dont really want to play it, something eventually draws you back in and makes you want to play it all over again. I've don't personally know anyone who has given it up and never gone back.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Not really, I usually do at least one thing Pokémon related every day. OK, here's the thing, I often take "downtimes" where I hardly play the game, but I play other games instead. I personally think it's better that I forget Pokémon for a little while than start posting stuff that will get me banned, I use to not go on this forum for a few days at a time.. But I've hardly done that now since I'm a Mod.

Since I'm a Mod, I think this thread is better placed in Polls. Moved to Polls.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
OK, here's the thing, I often take "downtimes" where I hardly play the game, but I play other games instead.

It's almost the same for me. I usually play some kind of pokemon game at least once a day, right now it's PMD, but I tend to take breaks here and there, sometimes to play other games, and sometimes to read.

I don't play games as much overall lately, since I have a toddler at home who takes up a lot of my time, but because of her, I did get back into the anime (she loves pokemon).

ysmr97

I quit after diamond, and then restarted the summer after HGSS released.

Masterofknees

Started with Red in what would be 2000 or something, just before Gold and Silver was out in Europe. I quit after Ruby/Sapphire, just before Emerald was out, mainly because that was the time in elementary school when Pokémon became a "kid's thing", and as a kid you don't want to be a loser. I then came back in the middle of Pearl/Diamond, just before Platinum was about to be released, because as a teenager I had gained the "don't care" attitude. I do still have on and off moments as I have with all games, but they're short lived, I didn't get Black2/White2 on release for example.

Last edited: