• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever quit Pokemon?

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I kinda quit when Pearl and Diamond came out. I still got the games, but they didn't seem fun or I was just losing interest in them. Because of this I pretty much missed a lot of events on that generation. <.>
I started as soon as it ended and the first screenshots and everything fifth generation was being revealed.

Dancing Togekiss

I quit after Johto because I thought I was too old but around the release of diamond and pearl I got interested again and even found some IRL friends that play.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I quit when Generation III was still fresh, first time I played those games I didn't really enjoy them.

I started playing again when they released Diamond & Pearl.

Ame

僕は音楽家 電卓片手に
I missed out on HeartGold / SoulSilver because my Nintendo DS modding went wrong, and despite a replacement screen it still refuses to function. I put off buying a new machine until the 3DS was released, and then I bought Black when I paid for it.

Combo

Thats the funny thing isnt it? Even if you think youve given it up or dont really want to play it, something eventually draws you back in and makes you want to play it all over again. I've don't personally know anyone who has given it up and never gone back.

This.... I reckon the games install something in your brain to make you always come back..

I loved the series from even before Pokémon Blue, and played until GSC (still can't remember whether I actually had Crystal or not lol). I don't really remember why I stopped either, just growing up and doing the teenage thing I guess (probably why I can't remember any of it....!) but when I saw my little sister playing Emerald and Colosseum a few years later, it interested me again, but only to the extent of borrowing her Emerald and playing through a new game on it (I still have her GBA and the Emerald cartridge in fact, better give that back soon :p).

I then did more growing up and moving out from my parents etc, not giving Pokémon a second thought, until I was bored on the internet one day and decided to see what had happened with the series lately. I found Bulbapedia, looked through the Pokémon from DP, and noticed that Platinum was coming out in a couple of months. Luckily my (now) fiancée had a DS, so I got Platinum and have bought every. single. version since. Can't see me stopping soon either :)

Dreamy

I've never quit, but I like to take small breaks after I finish a game, to the point that I feel it's finished anyways, and then I start again when a new game/version comes out or I get an interest in a new Pokemon.

I quit the TCG for some time.
I stopped buying cards after EX Crystal Guardians, then didn't buy any cards throughout the 4th generation sets. I returned to the game for a brief time when Black & White was released, and after Dragons EXalted, stopped buying cards for the final time.

I'm never gonna let my kids get into that ****, it's way too expensive. :p

Roromiya

on hiatus
Never, but sometimes the anime pushes my buttons. -.-

Bananarama

The light is coming
I'm torn between Pokemon and Yugioh. I never have interest for both at the same time, yet I like both.

Kalosian

So long
Not exactly quit, but I have lost most of my interest in the series a few times.
The first time was the months before Emerald was released, I had nothing to do on my other 3rd gen games so I didn't play much at all. But I got hooked again as soon as I got Emerald.
The second time was in 4th gen. Once again, I had nothing to do on D/P before the release of Platinum, which lead me to slowly losing my interest. I had hoped to regain it with HG/SS, but these games made me lose my interest even more. It wasn't until B/W that I really got back into the series.

Alamute

I quit after gen II, mainly because I could not get a Game Boy at that time and used to play with a friend's console. Now, after more than a decade, I cant explain exactly why, but Pokemon is calling me back again (3DS XL with white and black 2 comming by mail). As soon as I get my FC's, will post them here, can't wait to make new friends.

Last edited:

ForgottenPearl

I quit after Gen III because I just found those games to be boring, and I wasn't into the anime anymore. However, BW made me curious about the series again, so I got back into both the anime and the games for Gen V. So Gen IV is the only one I've skipped over.

I have unfortunately. It was a few months after Black and White came out. I don't know what happened, it wasn't the new Pokemon designs I think it was age. I thought I was too old for Pokemon. I returned in early 2012. I had found friends at school and eventually, I got back into Pokemon.
I did the same, but I returned in 2013.

Haunter ゴースト

I've never actually quit the games, i've always made sure to get at least one of each generation.

I've quit watching the anime for 3 years or so before eventually going back to it.