• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever saw a location you can't explore and asked yourself, "What's out there?"

Leonhart

Imagineer
Guren's (Cinnabar) volcano being inaccessible in G/S/C didn't bug me, but I did find it odd how the official Gen I Kanto map showed the volcano being there even though it wasn't seen in the Gen I games themselves.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Alola had a LOT of background areas.

Guren's (Cinnabar) volcano being inaccessible in G/S/C didn't bug me, but I did find it odd how the official Gen I Kanto map showed the volcano being there even though it wasn't seen in the Gen I games themselves.

I would've put this down to the primitive graphics in Gen 1, but you can't see it in FR/LG either. Maybe it's an underwater volcano?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I would've put this down to the primitive graphics in Gen 1, but you can't see it in FR/LG either. Maybe it's an underwater volcano?

Yeah, this is what bugs me more. 1st and 2nd gen, I can excuse it a little because those were on a handheld that was fairly limited in what they could do. But FRLG and HGSS? They had more room to include a volcano in those games.

Leonhart

Imagineer
NovaBrunswick said:

I guess that'll be my head-canon for now.

I also wish that the various locked doors in many of Alola's buildings actually led somewhere.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Yeah, this is what bugs me more. 1st and 2nd gen, I can excuse it a little because those were on a handheld that was fairly limited in what they could do. But FRLG and HGSS? They had more room to include a volcano in those games.
Just realized something. There's now a Volcano in the Let's Go remakes, right next to the town of Cinnabar Island. Will it be accessible? Who knows?

Edit: I don't know if it's new or not but I took another look at the Let's Go map and there appears to be a secret route in the northeastern corner of Pewter City in-between Mt. Moon. I'm guessing it has to do with the Mew event as Mew is depicted up north. On a side, who else looks at the huge gaps of water and forests and tell themselves, so much possibilities to explore in those areas.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Just realized something. There's now a Volcano in the Let's Go remakes, right next to the town of Cinnabar Island. Will it be accessible? Who knows?

Edit: I don't know if it's new or not but I took another look at the Let's Go map and there appears to be a secret route in the northeastern corner of Pewter City in-between Mt. Moon. I'm guessing it has to do with the Mew event as Mew is depicted up north. On a side, who else looks at the huge gaps of water and forests and tell themselves, so much possibilities to explore in those areas.

Kanto was pretty limited in Gen 1 exploration-wise, again due to the original Gameboy's limitations. They added more in Gen 3 with the Sevii Islands and some other new locations such as Mt. Ember, where Moltres is found, so I'm guessing those will still be around in Let's Go.

(Speaking of which, there's only one month to go...)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Kanto was pretty limited in Gen 1 exploration-wise, again due to the original Gameboy's limitations. They added more in Gen 3 with the Sevii Islands and some other new locations such as Mt. Ember, where Moltres is found, so I'm guessing those will still be around in Let's Go.

(Speaking of which, there's only one month to go...)

Unfortunately Game Freak seems to be under the impression they need to keep everything the same because of nostalgia, they blatantly admitted LGPE is similar to the original Yellow and the Sevii Islands weren't in Yellow so they probably won't include them. They probably just see the Sevii Islands as a FRLG exclusive area that was a means of distributing 2nd gen Pokemon that you couldn't otherwise get at the time because of the lack of backwards compatibility with 2nd gen, nothing more.

And even at the time, the Sevii Islands hardly fixed Kanto's design problems. It just tacked on more content to the post game. In the 4 times they've redesigned Kanto they've never really bothered to surpass the design limitations that hindered Kanto, it's still the same flat, short, blocky experience it's been since 1996. Which is part of the reason people hate LGPE in the first place, if they're going to bother continually shoving Kanto down our throat it's overdue for a design overhaul that makes it feel like a legitimately modern region.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
The waterfall on Unova Route 23 comes to mind, as does the island off the coast of Two Island (according to the map).

Speaking of Unova, there's a cave near to Aspertia City whose deepest part the map says leads to Sinnoh. But you can't go to that part. Maybe Unova is actually connected to Sinnoh in some way, and if we could ever go to the depths of the cave, it'd probably lead to that cave you first find the Lake Guardians inside in the Gen 4 games. Which is why you can find them flying around Unova - as well as some of the other Sinnoh legendaries like Cresselia.

The train station in that town in Kalos, I always wondered where this is headed

It's the train going nowhere. ;)

Jokes aside, I think they would've added more places around Kalos a la Unova in B2/W2 if the Gen 6 third version ever came out. Maybe it's a town up in the mountains, as Couriway is at the base of a mountain, kind of?

Leonhart

Imagineer
janejane6178 said:
The train station in that town in Kalos, I always wondered where this is headed

I had assumed it was a train that headed to Kinan (Kiloude) City or southern Kalos in general.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I spent weeks trying to figure out how to reach the cave, only to realize that it isn't accessible. Why is the hole even there?

That's because it's not a cave, but a small crack too narrow to pass through.

As you walk on the elevated path on your way to Resolution Cave, you actually can see the crack below you, from there you can estimate that it would be too narrow to pass through anyway.

Remember that awesome-looking Paniola Town! WERE CUTTING 90% ACCESSIBILITY OUT OF THAT LOCATION! YAY!

Eh, I don't feel like any of the area is cut off. They even added a tiny area accessible only from Route 6, which is something interesting.
The houses on the other hand.......I think literally the only house accessible there is Kiawe's house, when usually a Pokemon town would have at least 2 houses accessible.

-Those little pools of water near the trial site in Brooklet Hill.
-Ultra Megalopolis. What kind of Megalopolis only consists of 2 buildings?

Interestingly, Brooklet Hill has a small cave that can be seen from far away, but cannot be reached. Hackers found out that the cave actually has proper camera and collision setting, meaning GF intended to use the small cave for something, and that decision lasted quite a while until it was scrapped late in development for some reason. Also, weirdly enough, they removed the path towards the cave and whatever was in it, but did not remove the cave itself. I wonder what was in it?

And I agree about Ultra Megalopolis. At first I thought it would be some kind of labyrinth-like dungeon, you have to find your way in the city to reach the tower. Or the other areas are simply fenced off until post-game. Nope. It was the most disappointing area in Pokemon history for me, simply because it looked so interesting the first time I see it in trailer and promotional image.

Anyway

Holon Region is definitely something I would have loved to explore.

The path towards Lake of the Sunne/Moone features a castle-like area with lots of locked background doors. I always wonder what's behind those doors.

The garage and bathroom in our house in Alola are actually accessible via hacking. The inclusion of bathroom would've made our Alola house be the most realistic protagonist house so far. I wonder why they were made inaccessible.

The Rhyhorn Race track. Perhaps it wasn't in X/Y due to time constraint conflicting with the programming for the minigame, but I have a feeling that had they didn't scrap the obvious "Z" game, Rhyhorn Race would have been made accessible, as time constraint wouldn't really be an issue anymore - most of the assets for "Z" already exist, so all they need to do is finish the other stuff.

Frost Cavern in Kalos. We only ever go through inside the mountain, but never explore the outside area of the mountain (the only outside area we explored is the ground in front of the mountain), and looking at the artwork for the Kalos map, the mountain is actually quite big, meaning we only explored a small bit of it. Also, there's a green forest behind it. Remember when people speculate that green forest will be where Xerneas resides?

The area between Route 3 and Route 4 in Kanto is kinda puzzling, what makes people in Kanto choose to travel through a long cave instead of just building a straight path from Route 3 to Route 4? What are they avoiding?

Guzzlord's world. Would be nice to see what the surrounding area looks like post-apocalypse. Heck I was not exactly satisfied with what we can access - Hau'oli City is not that small.

Last edited:

Luthor

The other buildings in Po Town. Part of me wonders what team Skull had done to them or some of the residents who had lived there.....

Nyter

Island Challenger
I really like how they did that open land where Bewear walks around to the left of the Battle Tree Entrance. I wish there was a path that let us follow it. Looks cool to explore.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Guzzlord's world. Would be nice to see what the surrounding area looks like post-apocalypse. Heck I was not exactly satisfied with what we can access - Hau'oli City is not that small.

Do keep and mind that this is a post apocalyptic Hau’oli from the distant future, which we know based on the descriptions for the surrounding items and Hazmat guy’s comments. It almost seems like you’re walking across what was once one massive skyscraper size building (the floor looks like it has windows on it) that has since toppled over and there are many ruined smaller ones on either side. Maybe this kind of explained the size issue compared to the Hau’oli we know, I don’t know.

Fundamentally though I agree, I’d have loved to see more of Alola in this state. It’s one of the darkest things they’ve explored in these games.

Evanibble

The area between Johto/Kanto and the Sinjoh ruins.

Western Unova (the view from Aspertia City).

I'm sure there are more but they aren't coming to me at the moment.