1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever thought of restarting one of your pokemon games?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Katipunero, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Katipunero

Katipunero Eye in the Sky

I have. I restarted some of my old games either because the game got corrupted, the team didn't work out so well, I didn't make the right choice in some parts, I got bored, etc.

What about you?

2. Jolteon91

Jolteon91 iDOLM@STER Fanboy

I restart mine all the time to playthrough again using different starters/teams etc.

3. Adrexus

Adrexus Do it the bird way!

Well, yeah. I do get bored after a while of the same game file. And I always like planning new teams and trying new pokemon that I've never used before. However i'm reluctant to restart HG because of shiny Mantine and having no way to trade it over to my other games.

4. halloweenghost

halloweenghost Well-Known Member

I've restarted my sapphire and emerald a few times already to get a few masterballs and legendaries and shipped the to fourth gen games.

5. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Well-Known Member

I recently restarted my Pearl game because I want to try the Nuzocke challenge, although I haven't even really started the new file yet because I've been sr for a decent turtwig over and over again. Seriously does anyone else hate natures? I've also been a bit distracted by my SS game which I bourght just before the Mew distribution.

Btw I traded everything that I needed or wanted to keep over to my Platinum game so it's not really a big loss.

6. foxyman1167

foxyman1167 From Zero To Hero

Of course, I've restarted my Platinum file at least 15 times since buying it in April 09', and my SS file at least 5 times since March 10'.

7. Darkmaster Rannon

Darkmaster Rannon Thundercats Hoo!

Only after I get everything I can out of it (Such as exclusives, One timers, items, shinies and anything EV trained.) I'll restart it. Just did that on my Firered- So I could go through a Nuzlocke challenge.

8. -Unicorno-

-Unicorno- Think Magical!

here is my list of restarting
    firered-restart for mono challenge
    firered2-restart to give to friend
    leafgreen-restart to try and complete the game with just clefable and blastoise(will restart again soon)
    saphire-never(maybe i will soon)
    emerald-never
    diamond-never
    platinum-never(maybe i will soon)
    platinum2-restrarted because i got from friend/used to use to soft reset for pokes now have a set profile
    Heartgold-never(i never will)

9. Purple_Tangrowth

Purple_Tangrowth A DRUM, A DRUM!...

I used to restart my GBA games all of the time because i used to be a noob in pokemon. Now in my heart gold, i am not planning to restart my game because i just breed for new pokemon and use them in different teams.

Once in my emerald, i got a mew from an event in Japan, came back to Canada and then i restarted my emerald game. At the time, i have never restarted a game before and i didn't know that my mew would be gone lol. I was so sad and mad at myself.

10. AzukanAsimbu

AzukanAsimbu Petal Paladin

ive restarted my emerald alot and firered a few times to replay em

11. The Fire Starter

The Fire Starter Well-Known Member

Leaf Green is my restart ***** right now. I've restarted it so many times to:

-Get Legendaries
    -Masterball
    -Different Starters

I've never restarted Diamond, as it is the main hub of all of my pokemon resources. It is where I ship Masterballs, Pokemon, and other items. In the future, this might change. Since I have HeartGold right now, that may become the main hub for all my resources in the future. Buuut...that would be a ****-load of shipping to do, plus I don't feel like worrying about two pokedex's right now.

12. Dark Eevee

Dark Eevee Well-Known Member

Who hasn't restarted at least once?
    Except for Diamond, Platinum and SoulSilver I've restarted every game a few times.

13. obviously i have

14. Emperor Empoleon

Emperor Empoleon Honor of Kalos

I usually restart my older games when the new games comes out. ONLY when I get my older Pokemon to the new game though

15. pokemonloverXD

pokemonloverXD Ash's fangirl

Beside the 4th gen games, I've restarted all my other Pokemon games many times b4, mostly becoz their save files got corrupted, also there were times where I got bored of them so I restarted them too

16. darkgamerGS

darkgamerGS Banned

I don't restart my Pokemon games. The only exceptions were Crystal after it stopped being able to save to see how far I'd get and HeartGold cause my data corrupted... I don't willingly restart a save file over.

17. pokebeast8

pokebeast8 The Awesomest

Yea same. I also do it so I can train strong pokemon and it is more fun playing through the game than just facing the elite four 50 times.

18. Spacialrend

Spacialrend Gallade owns

Pearl. Arguably my personal most restart counts of any game, not just Pokemon I mean.

Anyway, when I first bought Pearl (2-3 years ago) I was in a phase where Fire Pokemon were my absolute favourite. Basically, I demolished the Elite Four with Infernape, at least 3 times (including 2 restarts.) at minimal, can't remember exact amount. Then I decide to do it all with a Water type. At least 3 attempts before I stuck through to Volkner (I get extremely turned off by having Prinplup for 20 levels), anyway, my fourth file, with Piplup as my starter, I make it all the way through.

I have yet to do Pearl with Torterra (I did in Platinum though, so does this count as a restart? (even though technically, a separate game?))

19. Kim62

Kim62 The avatars suck.

Uh, doesn't everybody restart their game at some point?

20. abraxas

abraxas Words.

This is why I usually, after some point, get both copies of a gen. The first one is used as the main playthough, and a storage/breeding system. The other copy is all random playthrough, and thus is the copy that gets restarted all the time.
    So, to answer the question bluntly, yes, I have, and do restart my games.