• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever tossed your Starter Pokemon out of your team?

Victory★Star★

Mega Victini?
I myself have tossed Serperior out and have put some other pokemon to good use, Instead of serperior being my lead starter, I now have DW Blaziken. This is my first time tossing a starter, and I also tossed my starter in Johto.
Personally I think Johto and Unova have the worst starters (other than cyndaquil and tepig).
Have you done anything like this?
*I say tossed as in out of your team! :)

Last edited:

Shaylup

debeo capere omnes
Are we talking ingame or competitively? I have never tossed out my starter ingame (except in my Nuzlocke cause he died)

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
I always keep my starter until I beat the Elite Four and Champion for the first time. After that I usually train it to level 100 before tossing it out.

Dreamy

Pretty much every time after about the 3rd gym. On some occasions I have kept it the whole time, but only if I couldn't find a better replacement.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
In both Black 2 and White 2, I tossed my starter since I've used all the starters a lot.

Yeah, I have, in my first playthrough of heartgold, I tossed my Chikorita because it was useless!

ForeWolf

In my current play through of SoulSilver, I benched my Meganuim. That's the first time I've ever tossed out a starter (I've always kept mine with me until now). It was just...............so useless.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
More than once. I do it pretty much all the time

rocky505

I tossed out my Snivy because it's movepool was so atrocious until B2W2, I actually used a Snivy through W2 because of it actually gaining new useful moves.

I tossed out my Torterra in diamond since I didn't like any of the starters.

I put it later in my team again as an hm slave though.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I've always stuck by my starter until post game when I manage to raise newly avaible, stronger Pokémon. I tried to release Pikachu back in Yellow but we all know how that went.

voninator

VONINATOR
The only time is when I am playing through after I have already gotten the three starters. Even then I usually keep the starter in case my guys over level the listening levels

MileniaKitsune

Tropical Trickster
Never. I think it's special since it's the very first Pokemon to be along side you in your adventure so I have a soft spot for it but post game I will make a new team and might not include my starter (or hatch a new starter). idk why anyone would release a starter though (put in a box yeah but to release it is just weird imho)