• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever wondered that you were born in wrong country/ in wrong time?

ZarudeSandstorm

Have you ever like go in back of your mind and thought: "Wow, majority of people's interests differ than mine" or "wow their mentality is different than mine, like I don't belong here if I was born in xxx country I would meet more friends or be more socially accepted" ?
And what would be that interest if I don't mind asking, that's different than majority in your country?
I have. And tbh I wish I was born in other country.
My interest would be;
lots of people in my country are watching soccer and love soccer and basically that's primary source of entertainment in my country. And those hooligans are really destructive and nationalism and what not between some teams. Me? Soccer or football just doesn't interest me at all. Like some people have asked me what team I support x or y and I just freeze or say X or Y out of respect. If I said I don't follow/support soccer they would say I am weird or socially awkward. I watch NBA which imo is better than soccer, but people in my country don't even know what NBA is...

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Sometines i feel like i was born on the wrong planet
Or after the year 2012 ......l do feel like that earth is dead ....not actual joke ....i wish i was still in the year 2012 right now....

Last edited:

Peter Quill

star-lord
No.

I'm a gay man who lives in a liberal country. I enjoy having rights and living in a society/time where I don't have to be overly afraid of living my life authentically.

Redstar45

No.

I'm a gay man who lives in a liberal country. I enjoy having rights and living in a society/time where I don't have to be overly afraid of living my life authentically.
It's understandable that you feel that way but as bi-sexual man myself feel like that today world would outlist my sexual reference which i don't think i like the idea of everyone knew that i like both guys and girls in the World

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
Or after the year 2012 ......l do feel like that earth is dead ....not actual joke ....i wish i was still in the year 2012 right now....
2012 is when i was playing B2W2 non-stop, honestly though I think 2013 is when i want to go back. I traveled to the US for the first time and went Ohio, and compared to Sweden's lack of sun (at least where i live) and Englands's quite depressing weather, it was a nice change.

By the way, i am not kidding we had snow until like late May this year.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Gonna leave this here for your consideration:

I get where @Peter Quill is coming from for sure, but a lot of people that follow this trend (cottagecore, historybounding, etc) aren’t necessarily saying they want to go back to the past entirely. There’s definitely some takeaway in a return to simplicity and away from social media that I think we can appreciate.

Redstar45

Gonna leave this here for your consideration:

I get where @Peter Quill is coming from for sure, but a lot of people that follow this trend (cottagecore, historybounding, etc) aren’t necessarily saying they want to go back to the past entirely. There’s definitely some takeaway in a return to simplicity and away from social media that I think we can appreciate.
@Italianbaptist same here .....give me life there is no Social Media destroyed a lives

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Either in this or another interview the husband said, “we know better than anyone else that we can’t perfectly recreate the late 1800s”. But appreciating the good aspects of the past (like products that are built to last) is healthy too.

WalesNote

Maybe.

I would like to live long enough to see what the future would be like, and have the chance to live in such times. Immortality may be invented within 50 years or so, so there's a chance. Just upload my mind to an android and i'll be fine.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
I dont necessarily feel like I was born in the wrong country but I've always felt that I just want to get out one day and see other countries.

Redstar45

Either in this or another interview the husband said, “we know better than anyone else that we can’t perfectly recreate the late 1800s”. But appreciating the good aspects of the past (like products that are built to last) is healthy too.
Still......i just like ideas of return to doing thing pre-date social media era ......i miss multiple forums that debate over idea and outside of that .....nice discussion on political issues that doesn't rule over our lives (friends and familys )

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Sometines i feel like i was born on the wrong planet

same.

but yes, I do feel I don’t being in the world of today as I can find very little I can connect with. I wish I’d been born 35-40 years earlier than I was, simply cause even if I’d still be alive to see modern madness, I could at least take comfort in knowing I’d be checking out before society hits full collapse mode.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I sometimes feel like I want to live in the ‘50’s because I really like the ‘50’s aesthetic. But I know I’m not going to like the racism and smoking.

After finding the Victorian couple that kind of opened the floodgates to the wacky world of aesthetics (specifically historical ones but there’s others I’m interested in too). It’s really cool if you can afford to get into it.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Oh definitely. I'm primarily a libertarian with some conservative ideals, but libertarian beliefs and ideals are pretty much non-existent here in the UK. This is one of the last countries in the world that doesn't have a written constitution, so we have nothing like the First Ammendment protecting freedom of speech, and from my experience a lot of British people don't seem to care all that much about civil liberties and put way too much trust in the State and other authority figures to fix all of their problems. We're in a toxic, abusive relationship with our government and authorities, and I seem to be the only person I know who really has an issue with it. All of those "Oi mate, you got a loicene for that?" memes didn't come out of nowhere.
It's also pretty ironic that the UK routinely brags about the role it played in defeating the Nazis, while also having legislation like the 1998 Malicious Communications Act and the 2003 Communications Act that outline "Communication Offences" where saying pretty much anything that could be deemed offensive can land you jail time.

Redstar45

Oh definitely. I'm primarily a libertarian with some conservative ideals, but libertarian beliefs and ideals are pretty much non-existent here in the UK. This is one of the last countries in the world that doesn't have a written constitution, so we have nothing like the First Ammendment protecting freedom of speech, and from my experience a lot of British people don't seem to care all that much about civil liberties and put way too much trust in the State and other authority figures to fix all of their problems. We're in a toxic, abusive relationship with our government and authorities, and I seem to be the only person I know who really has an issue with it. All of those "Oi mate, you got a loicene for that?" memes didn't come out of nowhere.
It's also pretty ironic that the UK routinely brags about the role it played in defeating the Nazis, while also having legislation like the 1998 Malicious Communications Act and the 2003 Communications Act that outline "Communication Offences" where saying pretty much anything that could be deemed offensive can land you jail time.
Try Canada nowaday ......we are so screwed......

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
If you wanted to live in the late 1800's just drink a handle of alcohol every 2 days or so because you work 12 hour shifts 6 days a week and the 7th day you're spending all day at church, while dying of a currently preventable disease.