• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you ever wondered that you were born in wrong country/ in wrong time?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
If you wanted to live in the late 1800's just drink a handle of alcohol every 2 days or so because you work 12 hour shifts 6 days a week and the 7th day you're spending all day at church, while dying of a currently preventable disease.
…..I don't think that everyone want the bad aspect of past in their lives …. I just want a good pre-social media life …( oh it is ironically that I slowly getting rid of YouTube and Facebook out of my life and already has removed Twitter twice in my life)

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I'm an extremely intelligent, cultured, and (to be frank) nice person. I also have an exceedingly strong sense of personal ethics, along with a strong sense of natural and societal justice. I am not religious at all, and I understand how crazed obsessions over guns, sports, and other such topics often leads to significantly high levels of suffering and waste of resources. I recognize how essential proper use of language is, especially for interpersonal communication.
I live in Alabama during a time period with massive social media and general hysterical irrationality.
Yeah.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I would like to say I was born in the right place at the right time. I wouldn't trade it for za warudo. My only regret is not realizing it sooner.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Y'all are talking place and time, but I'm not even in the correct universe.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Oh that's easy. Just stare down a lake somewhere in Korea. Wait for a while. You'll see yourself smiling and than boom. A long pale hand will pull you into the lake, and now you're in Jiok also known as hell. Tell me when you get back from the underworld. Now go forth adventurer! Go past the door guardian, beat the death god's epic riddles, and go slay the nine-headed demon giant and bring me back a head as a souvenir! Go! Adventure awaits!

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Honestly, I was going to put this as my answer (without the "Y'all" obviously - see my post above), but I don't have all the necessary information to say this with absolute certainty.
If we're limiting the parameters to what humans can know, and I'm certain this would be my answer.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
As a Black American, I can't imagine things would've been any better for me in the 80s, 70s, 60s, or before, for obvious reasons. I have no clue how long it will take for things to get right, or if the planet will last long enough for that to happen, so I think I'm better off staying in the time I'm in.

As for the country, perhaps I could've had better circumstances had I been born in Europe, but given I am also of Jewish lineage, I'm not sure how well that would have faired for me either.

cjlab9ihih

Have you ever like go in back of your mind and thought: "Wow, majority of people's interests differ than mine" or "wow their mentality is different than mine, like I don't belong here if I was born in xxx country I would meet more friends or be more socially accepted" ?
And what would be that interest if I don't mind asking, that's different than majority in your country?
I have. And tbh I wish I was born in other country.
My interest would be;
lots of people in my country are watching soccer and love soccer and basically that's primary source of entertainment in my country. And those hooligans are really destructive and nationalism and what not between some teams. Me? Soccer or football just doesn't interest me at all. Like some people have asked me what team I support x or y and I just freeze or say X or Y out of respect. If I said I don't follow/support soccer they would say I am weird or socially awkward. I watch NBA which imo is better than soccer, but people in my country don't even know what NBA is...
Yes, of course. I started thinking about it especially often during this COVID-19 situation, which is very reminiscent of the plot of a zombie apocalypse movie. You wanted to be born in a time when there was peace on earth, no viruses, no war, and everything else

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
*giving a more coherent answer than the one I gave a few months ago*
I love the time I grew up in (2000s), as it seemed simpler to me. But now that I’m an adult, I still don’t get much popular culture, television shows, slang terms, and other things people think I should care about. The slang I do use “dude”, “yo”, and “man”, primarily, comes from different eras as well. I’d probably do better in the 70s. Or the future. Or another dimension!

Redstar45

As a Black American, I can't imagine things would've been any better for me in the 80s, 70s, 60s, or before, for obvious reasons. I have no clue how long it will take for things to get right, or if the planet will last long enough for that to happen, so I think I'm better off staying in the time I'm in.

As for the country, perhaps I could've had better circumstances had I been born in Europe, but given I am also of Jewish lineage, I'm not sure how well that would have faired for me either.
I could see you saw that way about the USA....it is same as for me as the disable person in the Canada.....

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I have no interest living during any time period prior to maybe 1990 and even that's a stretch. I do wish however I was born on the West Coast since the cold kinda bothers me after awhile and that's mostly all I've been exposed to.

Redstar45

PoDiRancher

I wish I could've had my childhood in the 80's & 90's instead of the 90's & 00's. 80's > 00's imo. Also, I like the country I'm in (America) but I wish I was born in Texas. I'm too comfortable in the California weather to even consider a move there, but it'd be natural had I been raised in Texas.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
More like wrong parents. My dad is from the 1950's So he is old-fashioned and restrictive about diets since i'm slightly fat and even restricts me to to things like one soda but only on saturdays like a kid.

I guess houserules are still rules when it's hard to afford a home and in my 30's. Even allowance's is micromanaged by him like a banker.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The title of this thread always bugged me; it should be "Have you ever wondered if you were born in the wrong country/wrong time".

But despite the minor nitpick, the answer is mostly no.

Time is the easiest to explain, because we live in a big climate crisis, I fortunately don't have to deal with the very worse of it.
This is an odd moment for me. I really feel bad for Gen Z and beyond where older people are screwing them over.
At the same time, death certainly allows you to avoid catastrophe.

As for the wrong country, not really, but it's not because of how good our country is, but because of how flawed it is.
I strongly believe that I should fight for what I believe in. It's also the reason why I kind of like living in Bible Belt, Texas.
I want to eventually make a difference, and I want others to do what I am trying to do (hopefully, even more).
My represenatitve is also the biggest idiot there who isn't Majorie Taylor Greene.

Now a lot of this is political, I will admit, but the current atmosphere is why I feel the way that I do about this question.

Last edited:

Redstar45

The title of this thread always bugged me; it should be "Have you ever wondered if you were born in the wrong country/wrong time".

But despite the minor nitpick, the answer is mostly no.

Time is the easiest to explain, because we live in a big climate crisis, I fortunately don't have to deal with the very worse of it.
This is an odd moment for me. I really feel bad for Gen Z and beyond where older people are screwing them over.
At the same time, death certainly allows you to avoid catastrophe.

As for the wrong country, not really, but it's not because of how good our country is, but because of how flawed it is.
I strongly believe that I should fight for what I believe in. It's also the reason why I kind of like living in Bible Belt, Texas.
I want to eventually make a difference, and I want others to do what I am trying to do (hopefully, even more).
My represenatitve is also the biggest idiot there who isn't Majorie Taylor Greene.

Now a lot of this is political, I will admit, but the current atmosphere is why I feel the way that I do about this question.
naa you are not that special as if you think that us west should think great of ourselves by say like that eh ? and try say that our so called country (usa/ca) is flawed and we should blamed our elders and let our gen get away from this by say we should do more on internet........yet we are let gen z took our job to fix our home which it is not fair to them or our elders and us !

this is why our gen getting told that we are a ''Joke''

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
naa you are not that special as if you think that us west should think great of ourselves by say like that eh ? and try say that our so called country (usa/ca) is flawed and we should blamed our elders and let our gen get away from this by say we should do more on internet........yet we are let gen z took our job to fix our home which it is not fair to them or our elders and us !

this is why our gen getting told that we are a ''Joke''
I'm not really sure what you trying to say here.

I should clarify that I don't think that all of the older generation are a fault here. I mean, there is a lot of "boomer logic" that plagues Facebook, and while that is a problem, the real problem are corporate lobbyists (in this case oil executives) and politicians that support them. Because of the decisions made by some people who will comparatively not live on this planet much longer, the people who inherit this planet will be left with an environmental catastrophe.

Also, PragerU should be cancelled, as in, not allowed to be on Youtube.

Last edited: