• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you gone to a real, live Pokemon event?

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
I went to Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions this past round in LA and the JapanLA/Pokemon boutique opening party back in the summer.

How was Symphonic Evolution? I missed it when it was in Toronto.

While I was in Tokyo my fiancee and I stumbled upon a VGC event outside the Pokemon Center in Sunshine City, but I can't speak Japanese so I didn't stick around.

Sora

AKA Snagger Outlaw
How was Symphonic Evolution? I missed it when it was in Toronto.

While I was in Tokyo my fiancee and I stumbled upon a VGC event outside the Pokemon Center in Sunshine City, but I can't speak Japanese so I didn't stick around.
Totally worth it. I love orchestral music so the melding of the two was perfect. Would for sure go again. It did help that it was on Groupon and tickets were like 48 bucks.

I forgot about the Pokemon Centers. When I lived in Japan I went to the Tokyo Pokemon Center a lot on the weekends when I didn't have to work my internship. Sometimes battled some of the kids that hung out there and got whooped by ten year olds a lot.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
When was the Symphonic thing in Toronto? I don't remember ever hearing about it anywhere.

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
Totally worth it. I love orchestral music so the melding of the two was perfect. Would for sure go again. It did help that it was on Groupon and tickets were like 48 bucks.

I forgot about the Pokemon Centers. When I lived in Japan I went to the Tokyo Pokemon Center a lot on the weekends when I didn't have to work my internship. Sometimes battled some of the kids that hung out there and got whooped by ten year olds a lot.

That's good to know if they decide to run it again. A Johto route medley would make my life.

That may have influenced my decision to play as well. Well that and I had a Wailord the size of my torso with me. My fiancee noticed that they were giving out free Pokemon for people's birthday, so she told the attendant that it was my birthday. However they asked for proof, and my hospital discharge papers (only piece of my ID she had on her) clearly said otherwise. They still gave her a birthday card and a crown. She put the crown on my head but I failed to notice, so I was totally confused when people kept congratulating me. Although the sight of a six foot tall white guy wearing an army jacket with a US flag on it holding a giant stuffed Wailord wearing a birthday crown must have been quite the sight.

When was the Symphonic thing in Toronto? I don't remember ever hearing about it anywhere.

They were at the Sony Centre sometime in late August, I couldn't go due to an exam.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Not really an event, it was part Pokemon wheres theres like these trading card tournament. I was just watching since I dunno how to play xD

Was good.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Now that the mythical Pokemon are to be distributed next month, I'll probably be participating in that event. I could use some more event-exclusive Pokemon.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I've been to several event distributions if those count including the JAA tour ten years ago which is how I got Celebi in Ruby back in 2006. :D

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I am not a people person, so no. And I don't play the games competitively so competitions are out, I play for fun and to relieve stress.

Only go to "events" at Game Stop to download whatever legendary/shiny is being given out then I leave.

Yagami Kyo

I've gone to two things called Moviplaya in Spain. That was... 2005 and 2007 I think. It was basically a way to obtain the Aurora Ticker and a Mew. To think it's been more than ten years though

tm27crobat

Cave Dweller
Nothing official, but when I was young, my friend, his dad, and I would go to this local card and comic book shop that has since closed down and play in TCG tournaments for money. I wasn't good, though, so I always ended up losing my first or second game. The same shop did Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments every Saturday, and I was much better with those.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I have been to two separate Pokemon leagues (Still going), Pokemon Nationals 2014 (planning on going again this year.) and Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions.

I've been to the launch of Pokemon B2W2 and X&Y at Nintendo World in NYC. It was freaking awesome! I've also been to a couple other near me, however, it would be a lot more enjoyable to have someone to go with.

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
I've been to the launch of Pokemon B2W2 and X&Y at Nintendo World in NYC. It was freaking awesome! I've also been to a couple other near me, however, it would be a lot more enjoyable to have someone to go with.

that's good to hear... I never went to any of these events since I live in Portugal and it really isn't that easy to go to one... but I agree that if I had the opportunity to go I would take someone with me though. Even friends that aren't into pokemon I guess...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I honestly have not. I'm not social enough to go one of those. =/

Rhinne

I went to the mini 'Pokémon Center' in Paris with a few friends a couple of years back, we'd just graduated from uni, so it was nice to go on a trip and see Pokémon things at the same time!
We also went to the Pokemon Symphonic Orchestra in Hammersmith a few months ago. I'm 26 now (egads I feel so old just typing that!) but it was nice to look around and see a crowd of people around my age all out to see a Pokémon event :D

I wish there were more Pokémon events (especially official ones) in and around the UK, though?

banphook

Banned
I went to a Pokémon Event in my home town of Termonfeckin, but it was only managed by fans and not official. We brought farm animals and got them to fight each other, just like Pokémon! It was very great fun.

Serene Havoc

I went to a Pokémon Event in my home town of Termonfeckin, but it was only managed by fans and not official. We brought farm animals and got them to fight each other, just like Pokémon! It was very great fun.

I know these kinds of posts got this fella banned, but this is flat out hilarious to read.