• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Have you gone to a real, live Pokemon event?

Coolio35

Hello Dear Members,

I want to ask you if you have ever been to a Pokemon event. Every Year i going to the Pokemon Day. The Pokemon Day in Germany is a event for the Pokemonfans. Since the year 2005 i go to this Event. This Event is cool. You meet another Pokemon player, you can trade and battle and maby the Pokemon Day Stuff distributes Event Pokemon. 2014 and 2015 the Pokemon has been cancelled 'cause many parents was angy, because there were to many "Adults". 2014 and 2015 Nintendo make a new event that called "Pokemon Kidstour". Yes like the name only kids with his parents is allowed to go into this Event.

So, now its your turn, write here about your Pokemon Reallive Events.

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
In 2014 I actually created a Pokemon event called Pokéthon in Quebec, Canada! Working with a local anime convention, we featured panels on a variety of subjects, a cosplay photoshoot, a video game tournament and more, including jumpstarting a local Pokemon League! You can check out photos here!

The event was a huge success, and I had fun despite spending most of my time running around coordinating people and running events. We took a hiatus in 2015, and are currently slated to return next year.

~Psychic

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I was part of the staff for the Pokemon Black & White Mall tour in the US. This year I've been running Premier Challenges and previous years I've played in them.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Nothing big, but I tend to go to instore events quite a bit.. But it doesn't compare to stuff like actual tournaments and Pokémon Day (Netherlands)..

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nothing big, but I tend to go to instore events quite a bit.. But it doesn't compare to stuff like actual tournaments and Pokémon Day (Netherlands)..

Yeah, same. I don't really go to Pokémon events that are really big like VGC or Pokémon Day but I do attend in-store Pokémon events at least.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I went to download Mew the old fashion way at Toys R Us (with game links).

That's the closest I ever got.

Like the above three said, never been to any big events, just the ones of the going-to-a-store-to-downlaoad-an-event-Pokemon kind of events.

Kalosian

So long
Never. Don't think there are any reasonably close to where I live, don't know of any. Might go to one if there should happen to be one but I don't know, depends a bit on what it will be about in more detail. Though I have been to game stores to download Event Pokemon for some of my games, but I don't really count that as anything.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I have. Been to a few VGCs - one a 5th gen competition (early 5th gen days, which only allowed new 5th gen Pokemon), and a couple for 6th gen. Last one while I don't play much competitive managed 4-4 (last couple of matches being unlucky losses, although I had a rather lucky win earlier, haha).

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
Loads! I actually got my mom to drag me to one of the original Eon Ticket distributions--before the days of download play, so you actually had to show up at this weird little booth out in a Toys 'R' Us parking lot and link up with a distributing GBA to get it. They were also giving away some kind of weird Pokemon figures there--never seen anything like them before or since--which I've still got. There was also this weird Pokemon Day thing at TRU sometime around the release of FR/LG that I went to. Got a promo beldum card from that.

Other than that, I competed in the Journey Across America event in my state, one of the GameStop Pokemon Battle Revolution tournaments, and one of the 2011 VGC regionals.

JAA was awesome and is still my favorite of the Pokemon events that I attended. That was for Pokemon's 10th anniversary, so I'm really hoping they do something similar for the 20th--I'll make it a point to attend if they do!

Bananarama

The light is coming
Like previously mentioned, I've only ever gone to the in-store events to get a Pokémon. I'm not much of a competitive battler, so I doubt I'll go to any events like that in the future.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Unless it comes to Toronto I have never been to a live Pokemon event. Toronto is the closest to me and I still have to take the GO train to get there then find my way around downtown Toronto to the event. I THINK I got Mew many moons ago when RBY were out and it came to my local mall but I can't be sure anymore. I still have my RBY games and the systems to play them on, even though it's been nearly 20 years they should still work right? Not that I cared much but Emerald's internal battery died but I can still play it, that game is only 10 years old.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I was part of the staff for the Pokemon Black & White Mall tour in the US. This year I've been running Premier Challenges and previous years I've played in them.

Oh I remember going to that, getting the stamps and all. There were so many people in line to get a free gift that I just left.

I used to go to a lot of event distributions when the Nintendo World Store used to be a Pokemon Center. Those were fun, I remember one day there was a guy that made Pokemon out of balloons for us. Tons of people wanted Charizard but I got Blastoise!

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Hello Dear Members,

I want to ask you if you have ever been to a Pokemon event. Every Year i going to the Pokemon Day. The Pokemon Day in Germany is a event for the Pokemonfans. Since the year 2005 i go to this Event. This Event is cool. You meet another Pokemon player, you can trade and battle and maby the Pokemon Day Stuff distributes Event Pokemon. 2014 and 2015 the Pokemon has been cancelled 'cause many parents was angy, because there were to many "Adults". 2014 and 2015 Nintendo make a new event that called "Pokemon Kidstour". Yes like the name only kids with his parents is allowed to go into this Event.

So, now its your turn, write here about your Pokemon Reallive Events.

...Why in the world would parents be angry about that? Geez, why would they ruin it for everyone like that? That's disgusting. Pokémon isn't and never has been specifically for kids, and excluding people like that is super gross.

I mean heck, I came here to talk about how I've been to mall tours like the Mew download, the 10th anniversary, and the BW release, the Portland stop on the Symphonic Evolutions tour, and various events at conventions and tournaments. And all of those have been full of adults! I've BEEN an adult at all of those!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I went to Pokémon Rocks America when it came to Phoenix in 2005, if that means anything. I remember having fun there, but I also remember seeing a lot more older teenagers/young adults than I did kids (although it might've been evenly balanced for all I know). I wasn't far enough in my Ruby nor LeafGreen versions at the time to download any of the event items like the Mystic Ticket or Eon Ticket, which sucked, but oh well.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I've been to a couple, I can remember my first, which was in Toys R Us in Cardiff back in 2006, where you could download Mew onto your FRLG and try out Pokemon Battle Revolution. They had a competition for people who came dressed as pokemon and there was such a large queue I remember being stood next to a girl dressed as a Lucario and someone I think was dressed as Cacturne. They gave out some goodie bags and I remember trying to buy a load of pokemon toys whilst trying not to be embarrassed about it because I went with a friend who didn't like pokemon but knew we were going for a pokemon event.

I remember an Arceus one in GAME as well just before HGSS and you could play the demo for those games which was great, and also the Shaymin event which again was at GAME but also seemed much busier.

Jersey Jimmy

¿dónde está el FOUR DOLLA TUBA?

I went to the one in Jersey, actually. What's funny is that I wanted to wear something Pokemon-related, but the two shirts I had were in the wash, so I just bought a shirt from the Hot Topic there. It was pretty cool. I think I still have the booklet in my TCG binder.